Pemberton 2016 Conditions

March 30, 2016, 2:32 p.m.

Anybody know where the snow line is at? I was thinking about riding Masters [HTML_REMOVED] PHD this weekend.

March 30, 2016, 2:36 p.m.

Anybody know where the snow line is at? I was thinking about riding Masters [HTML_REMOVED] PHD this weekend.

haven't heard of anyone riding there yet this year

April 6, 2016, 11:26 a.m.

Icebreaker Toonie and PORCA fundraiser this Saturday, April 9th. Should be a good time, support Pemberton riding and trails! www.porcabikes.com

April 8, 2016, 12:48 p.m.

Just getting slowly familiar with Pemby trails and kids are able to do bigger rides now happily. That means Happy/IMBY climbs are met with acceptance and tolerance these days.

What's the best trail combo up there (or off Mosquito Lake area) for advance intermediate ride of up to 3 hours?

No shuttling. Duh.

Kids can do the black trails in Pemby as well, but just looking for a good early season mix of flow and fun and some gnar. For example, Back Pains/Ache to Lower Mackenzie is an easy DH for them.

Thanks in advance!

April 8, 2016, 1:07 p.m.

Overnight sensation is a must, great views great trail. I still haven't done it but keep hearing Rudy's above overnight is great too.

Mosquito Lake:

Cream puff has a few pretty tricky rock rolls but also tons of fun ones you can kind of be creative with. No err is super fun short trail to add to a bigger loop (like do no err then circle back and do cream puff). Econoline to econo Dave is a faster fun techy one…. There's lots.

April 8, 2016, 1:10 p.m.

Radio Tower down into Crosstown Traffic and/or Moosejah is fast and flowy. More climbing but you can also approach Crosstown from above Mosquito Lake via Econoline to Dark Forest.

And try No Err back down to mosquito lake - some good introductory granite rolls with fairly smooth transitions.

April 8, 2016, 10:13 p.m.

Great stuff. Thanks. We'll hit some of this Sunday. Ski day tomorrow.

April 9, 2016, 8:52 a.m.

Don't forget One Mile side. Pioneer/Fizzy Pop/Dog Beach will have everyone giggling. Fat Tug would also be a good one so long as they enjoy tech climbing.

April 10, 2016, 10:46 p.m.

Great ride thanks to suggestions here. We rode up Happy, Waco, IMBY then across to Overnight Sensation. Super fun trail and kids were loving it. Cleaned the whole trail with no problems. Expected that from the boy, but the girl was rocking it today. In the one tricky slab section, they rode the inside rut. The spine was super fun for us big kids. The boy wanted to try that line, but while I thought he could do it no problem, it was his first real slab/rock riding of the year.

Then onto Radio Tower and Crosstown back to the car. Fun, fast, flowy trails. Much fun was had on the little uphill jumps and then a couple nice booters further down. Bottom of Crosstown, there's one fairly large booster that the boy and I sessioned a few times. Nice finish to the ride.

Much much more Pemby in our future. Especially with the full move to Whistler this summer.

April 11, 2016, 12:19 p.m.

Great ride thanks to suggestions here. We rode up Happy, Waco, IMBY then across to Overnight Sensation. Super fun trail and kids were loving it. Cleaned the whole trail with no problems. Expected that from the boy, but the girl was rocking it today. In the one tricky slab section, they rode the inside rut. The spine was super fun for us big kids. The boy wanted to try that line, but while I thought he could do it no problem, it was his first real slab/rock riding of the year.

Then onto Radio Tower and Crosstown back to the car. Fun, fast, flowy trails. Much fun was had on the little uphill jumps and then a couple nice booters further down. Bottom of Crosstown, there's one fairly large booster that the boy and I sessioned a few times. Nice finish to the ride.

Much much more Pemby in our future. Especially with the full move to Whistler this summer.

I find that inside rut way gnarlier than the high right line. Impressive riding from the groms!

April 11, 2016, 2:41 p.m.

Never ridden Pemberton before… when climbing up to Middle Earth/Rudy's is it more common to climb up the singletrack (Happy/Nimby/Let it go) or up the Mackenzie FSR? Obviously I would prefer to climb singletrack but it looks like a BIG climb so thinking the FSR might be a little bit more manageable for my level of fitness…?

April 11, 2016, 2:42 p.m.

Never ridden Pemberton before… when climbing up to Middle Earth/Rudy's is it more common to climb up the singletrack (Happy/Nimby/Let it go) or up the Mackenzie FSR? Obviously I would prefer to climb singletrack but it looks like a BIG climb so thinking the FSR might be a little bit more manageable for my level of fitness…?

the road is shorter, but you WILL pay for it. it's really steep and grindy….but if you're going to rudy's I'd do nimby, cut out at the Overnight turn off, then just ride up the road to Middle Earth. Let it Go is super grindy! :)

April 11, 2016, 3:03 p.m.

the road is shorter, but you WILL pay for it. it's really steep and grindy….but if you're going to rudy's I'd do nimby, cut out at the Overnight turn off, then just ride up the road to Middle Earth. Let it Go is super grindy! :)

Thanks! Approx. how long would it take to do the climb you suggested, down Rudy's, down Overnight sensation, and then finish on Cream Puff (is this the best finishing option)? Wondering if this is a little bit too ambitious…

April 11, 2016, 4:33 p.m.

We did a slightly shorter loop - no Rudy's - and finished Overnight with Radio Tower and Crosstown.

Including riding from main parking, up full singletrack (no FSR) and then Overnight exit from NIMBY in almost dead on 3 hours.

This was with my 10 and 12 year old. We also stopped for lunch top of NIMBY, took quite a few photos, and sessioned a few sections. So we could have shaved maybe 30 minutes off that time.

The kids could climb everything but the odd switchback here and there. Great ride. They wanna hit it again next weekend.

April 11, 2016, 8:31 p.m.

heading there for the race at the end of the month , should be interesting 1st time up there .

#northsidetrailbuilders