Pemberton 2015 Conditions

June 15, 2015, 9:27 a.m.

heading to pemby/whistler for around 10 days of riding in early september, want to make sure we're not missing anything good. Already planning to ride JTR, Wild Bill..
what other trails are a must-ride in the area? We can shuttle if needed but climbing to get the descents is fine, and at the end of the day it's all about the descent.

Tenquille is pretty worthy in the fall…can be partially shuttled, but given the time it takes to do a retrieval, it's generally just as fast to ride up from the valley via the old hurly.

July 5, 2015, 10:12 a.m.

Heads up for anyone heading up to Pemberton to ride (from the BC Forest Fire Info FB page):

"
BC Forest Fire Info
53 mins ·
BULLETIN: Fire activity increases on three wildfires near Pemberton
Extreme fire behaviour due to gusty winds and drought code conditions led to significant growth on all fires within the Boulder Wildfire Complex yesterday, including the Elaho wildfire, the Boulder Creek wildfire, and the Nahatlatch wildfire.
All of these fires displayed a vigorous and aggressive rate of spread, with periods of organized crown fire. This type of fire behaviour consumes timber completely through to the tree tops, and has a high potential of spotting ahead of the fire. It also poses a safety risk for ground crews and aircraft conducting fire suppression efforts. For these reasons, resources were called off the Boulder Creek wildfire yesterday evening.
For more info, see this link:
http://bcwildfire.ca/hprScripts/WildfireNews/DisplayArticle.asp?ID=2409
"

July 5, 2015, 7:51 p.m.

Nahatlatch! three seasons on my former livelihood going up in smoke. :drama: pretty small fire yet.

the boulder creek fire is making it feel bit like living on the planet Krikket at times.

Just a speculative fiction. No cause for alarm.

July 24, 2015, 9:33 a.m.

Heads up to anyone heading up to Pemberton this weekend, the Pemberton Meadows Road will be closed Sunday due to the Ironman.

Details here:
http://isurvivedthehurley.com/?p=1710

Aug. 14, 2015, 7:07 p.m.

Can anyone comment about the (current) correct route to exit JTR?
Aiming to do this tomorrow but Bikepirate and Trailforks comments are confusing me.

I've not ridden the trail before and I don't wanna piss off the landowner!

Aug. 14, 2015, 7:30 p.m.

We did it on June 7. We were also concerned about troubling the landowner and were prepared for a ride around. We heard something about a tricky river crossing.

When we got to the bottom, IIRC just before we came out onto the clearcut there was a sign saying everything was cool. We proceeded through the clearcut and ended up on Reid Rd where people traditionally end JTR. This is pretty much what you'll find on Strava too.

There's nothing better than an Orangina after cheating death with Digger.

Aug. 15, 2015, 7:39 a.m.

Thanks Craw. Hopefully, I'll have a chance to check in with the bike co.as well

Aug. 15, 2015, 10:09 a.m.

Craw is correct. Stay right to exit the cut block. New exit (hopefully) coming next year. And enjoy all the rock moves now that it is raining.

Aug. 15, 2015, 7:30 p.m.

And enjoy all the rock moves now that it is raining.

Yup, very greasy out there today but survived…just

Aug. 15, 2015, 9:24 p.m.

Rode pemberton for the first time today. Awesome trails up there. Freak boy had a few trees down across the trail, presumably from last night's storm. Cream puff was a wicked trail, perfect amount of oh shit factor at times in the rain today on off camber rock slabs.

Sept. 13, 2015, 10:25 a.m.

There is a sniper tree down on the Lumpy's descent. I will try to get to it this week but keep your eyes peeled.

Nov. 5, 2015, 10:02 a.m.

Rode Gravatrout - Rusty - Blood Sweat yesterday. No snow.
Top of Gravatrout has lots of rather large loose rocks (many more than i remember from a few years ago) and is a little trenched out. Once you hit the second fork its much better. Even when moist it feels like you are racing your sluff down. Good times.
Theres also a bit of a weird tree on the first 'jump' on BSF that looks like it was deliberately placed there.

Looks like a bunch more work being done on some old classics as well. Cant wait to get up there again…

Also Middle earth from Rudy's is definitely seeing some damage from downhill riders, already awkward corners now have ruts and skids thru them

Nov. 21, 2015, 1:35 p.m.

Any beta on snowline?
I climbed Nimby on wednesday and did overnight, way too much snow at the end of nimby, but backpains looked fine. Assuming there has been no snow since then?

Would love to hit res if its not snowed in, not sure if it gets cooler out that way or more in the shade. Any beta would be appreciated.

Nov. 24, 2015, 8:15 a.m.

Bump for info. someone told me rain all day in the valley yesterday, not sure how high the snow went

Nov. 24, 2015, 5:12 p.m.

Got up as high as back pains. Dirt is all time right now, maybe 1cm of snow in a few places but grippy and rideable. 1 tree down on lower indy after a climb and 1 down on dark forest just after econodave comes in. Thats one in a bit of a sketchy high speed spot that could do some damage.