Pemberton 2015 Conditions

March 2, 2015, 9:36 p.m.

Gravtron vs Gravatrout?

Planning on an epic climb in a couple of weeks. Which of the two would be a better ride down and is the level of difficulty that different? Thanks in advance.

Gravitron is steep. Like, holy shit does this ever let up kind of steep. Probably better done on a bike you wouldn't want to climb all the way there on. Gravatrout sort of goes through much of the same terrain but zigs and zags a lot more, hits more moderate grades. You can do Gravatrout on a 6x6.

At about 2:00 he reaches the split where Gravatrout heads off to the right.
http://www.pinkbike.com/video/268812/

There's nothing better than an Orangina after cheating death with Digger.

March 2, 2015, 10:21 p.m.

Gravitron is steep. Like, holy shit does this ever let up kind of steep. Probably better done on a bike you wouldn't want to climb all the way there on. Gravatrout sort of goes through much of the same terrain but zigs and zags a lot more, hits more moderate grades. You can do Gravatrout on a 6x6.

At about 2:00 he reaches the split where Gravatrout heads off to the right.
http://www.pinkbike.com/video/268812/

Would Gravatrout be on par with Overnight? Thanks again.

March 3, 2015, 7:23 a.m.

It's harder but not by too much. It ends right at Overnight so you can just roll into that next.

March 3, 2015, 8:38 a.m.

It's harder but not by too much. It ends right at Overnight so you can just roll into that next.

That sounds like an epic day. Much appreciated Craw!

March 3, 2015, 9:16 a.m.

No worries. I love climbing up there. Prepare yourself, though. It's a long ways up.
You can climb most of it on trail now. Happy Trail [HTML_REMOVED] Waco [HTML_REMOVED] Nimby [HTML_REMOVED] Middle Earth will get you most of the way there.

March 3, 2015, 10:16 a.m.

Sandbag alert. You should still do it though.

March 3, 2015, 11:05 a.m.

Haha yeah maybe.

March 3, 2015, 12:56 p.m.

Caveat would be, its not much harder then the blowen out steep lines on overnight, with out the easy flowy stuff inbetween. if you ride all the reroutes on overnight and dont ride the steep lines, you're going to die ;)

Just a speculative fiction. No cause for alarm.

March 3, 2015, 2:29 p.m.

Anyone care to give me the lowdown on jack the ripper? I notice it's not mentioned on the bike Co. Site above…

March 3, 2015, 2:54 p.m.

Caveat would be, its not much harder then the blowen out steep lines on overnight, with out the easy flowy stuff inbetween. if you ride all the reroutes on overnight and dont ride the steep lines, you're going to die ;)

So I guess that answers the question of what's the worst thing that can happen:agree:

March 3, 2015, 3:35 p.m.

Anyone care to give me the lowdown on jack the ripper? I notice it's not mentioned on the bike Co. Site above…

Try trailforks.com or bikepirate.com

Thread killer

March 3, 2015, 8:17 p.m.

Bring your chainsaw until the trials boys head through and clean it up. That side got hit really hard in the big wind storm. Better yet, head up there with your saw and giv'er.

March 6, 2015, 12:37 p.m.

Bring your chainsaw until the trials boys head through and clean it up. That side got hit really hard in the big wind storm. Better yet, head up there with your saw and giv'er.

Still snow in the trees at the top. I'll head up in a couple weeks on the trials bike and clear it, Its an annual thing for me. not much point in riding it before then, took me 6 tanks of gas in my little Echo saw two years ago. most years its more like 2-3 tanks, either way youd be on and off a lot.

March 29, 2015, 2:27 p.m.

Rode Stimulus yesterday. Trails in pretty good condition but three trees down, one near the top and two near the bottom. All around 20-25 cm diameter and easily enough to clamber over.
Also, at the point where you finish the rough dirt track and turn back onto the single track, someone has felled a tree that must have been blocking the dirt track in such a way it blocks the trail. Not a major problem as such but if you don't know the trail, that junction is gonna be really easy to miss…

May 4, 2015, 10:07 a.m.

Strange, I swear there was a thread started already.

Any updates on Jack the Ripper conditions? Did the moto trials guys go through yet and clear it out?

Also, if one were to camp somewhere Saturday night, is there a decent place to do it off the Mackenzie FSR or maybe towards Mosquito lake? Any tips appreciated.