Pemberton 2013

June 25, 2013, 3:43 p.m.

The snow on the Hurley is almost gone, so there's a good chance the trail down from Wolverine Cr. is clear, but I'll bet there's snow at the lake. Not sure about blowdown.

On another note, JTR has been cleared by a local trials biker - except for two trees I think, he ran out of gas.

June 25, 2013, 7:33 p.m.

Just a heads up for the connoisseur of the slightly obscure: the top of Special K has seen a bit of a reroute. Hopefully those pesky Middle Earth trees will get taken care of tomorrow.

June 26, 2013, 4:20 p.m.

Bike Co where I go to get a map?

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

June 26, 2013, 4:34 p.m.

Bam!

https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/trailmapps-pemberton/id455558161?mt=8

There's nothing better than an Orangina after cheating death with Digger.

June 26, 2013, 5 p.m.

And if you want one of those old fashioned paper maps:

http://goo.gl/maps/Rsl9o

Edit:
Looks like Bikeco needs some positive reviews on Google, they only have one and it isn't good.

June 27, 2013, 10:18 a.m.

Meh. I saw that a couple of years ago. Twenty years in business, thousands of happy customers, hundreds of hours volunteering with WORCA and the PVTA and one disgruntled local who didn't like the verdict on his bike becomes the face of the business. Online reviews well and truly suck.

On a road trip a couple of years ago I tried reading some Yelp! and TripAdvisor reviews of restaurants and found them almost exclusively written by nutters ("There was white powder on my potatoes! I got sick! I think they poisoned me!") Hopefully most rational people don't take this stuff seriously.

That being said, if any of you good folks want to leave a counter review, feel free…:dizzy:

Oh, and while our web store doesn't currently offer much, you can order a hard copy of the map here:

http://bikeco.myshopify.com/collections/frontpage/products/pemberton-trail-map

June 27, 2013, 10:29 a.m.

Meh. I saw that a couple of years ago. Twenty years in business, thousands of happy customers, hundreds of hours volunteering with WORCA and the PVTA and one disgruntled local who didn't like the verdict on his bike becomes the face of the business. Online reviews well and truly suck.

On a road trip a couple of years ago I tried reading some Yelp! and TripAdvisor reviews of restaurants and found them almost exclusively written by nutters ("There was white powder on my potatoes! I got sick! I think they poisoned me!") Hopefully most rational people don't take this stuff seriously.

That being said, if any of you good folks want to leave a counter review, feel free…:dizzy:

Oh, and while our web store doesn't currently offer much, you can order a hard copy of the map here:

http://bikeco.myshopify.com/collections/frontpage/products/pemberton-trail-map

you guys suck! what the hell, it took a whole hour and a half to get my spoke replaced when I rolled into town last week! and the bike co socks I bought are too comfortable! get your shit together already!

July 5, 2013, 10:11 p.m.

I guess Ill pop in and grab a map on Friday or Saturday before I head out on a ride

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

July 5, 2013, 10:45 p.m.

couldn't sit by idly when Graham Douchewood wrote the only review, so I wrote a good one. I appreciate the beta whenever I drop by!

July 7, 2013, 11:49 a.m.

A JTR update: the bottom of the trail has been wiped out by logging - there's a re-route going in, but it's not finished (it's just a flagged route, I think it will lead out to Owl Cr. eventually). Following the logging roads leads you out to private property down on Portage Road and the owner is getting a little irate. I'm not saying don't ride it, but be prepared to put on a charm offensive if you meet up with the owner.

PVTA will try and get proper route in over the summer, but trail work slows to a crawl in July and August around here…

July 7, 2013, 2:38 p.m.

Go down the logging road until you get to the flat corner, then hike through the slash a bit. There's a trail that takes you down to the paved road (Reid I think).

July 7, 2013, 3:49 p.m.

Go down the logging road until you get to the flat corner, then hike through the slash a bit. There's a trail that takes you down to the paved road (Reid I think).

The new finish goes thru, I rode it yesterday on mtb and rode down most of it and back up to the clear cut on my trials bike the day I cleared JTR a couple weeks ago. Stay left when the trail splits near the bottom. The last couple hundred yards are faint but not hard to follow, it is about 90% complete and the route is flagged. Just really needs traffic at this point. When you get to owl creek head up valley a couple hundred yards and there is a large tree to cross the creek. This will put you at the bottom of ressurectum. If you head down valley you will end up on the same private property as the logging road.

July 14, 2013, 8:59 a.m.

JTR update.
Rode it yesterday, climb nimby etc… to the para launch then Middle earth to the top. First time I'v done that, holy crap that was a hard day! JTR was sweet, really loose in some spot but overall really good. Be warned, mosquitoes haven't eaten in years and there's about a million hungry little bastards. So needless to say, even if you'r tired and need a rest good luck standing still for more than 10 seconds.
We couldn't find the new trail you said you put in, looked for for some time. In the end we just took the logging road. We had a chat with the land owner (really cool guy btw) he is flagging the route with pink so once at the bottom just follow that. Maybe BikeCo should go have a chat with him to make things clear on what route to take?
Awesome day, thanks to all the trail builders. That ride was one piece of epic single track!

http://www.epiccyclist.com/

July 18, 2013, 9:40 p.m.

I will be buying a map this weekend as well. Any trail recommendations for a first-time pemby rider? I am looking for an all-day epic ride. I'm OK with climbing, in fact I kinda enjoy it in a wierd sort of way.

July 18, 2013, 11:23 p.m.

JTR, Skalula or Tenquille if you want a 4-7hr ride. Lots of other options if you would rather link up a few trails and do a few top-to-bottom rides throughout the day.