Pemberton (2012)

Feb. 17, 2012, 1:32 p.m.

How's Nimby Land looking for conditions at the moment?

I'd heard that last weekend there was some good riding to be had, but there's been reports of snow this week. Trails still good to go? Worth a journey north?

Feb. 17, 2012, 1:42 p.m.

was good earlier this week, snowed again yesterday….we rode there last friday and it was pretty good, roads and open bits still snow covered, trails were pretty prime, blood sweat and fear was fantastic!

Feb. 17, 2012, 4:12 p.m.

Snow's pretty much melted now. I didn't want to jinx the season by starting a thread so early, but yeah, most of the front side stuff is clear - roads are still snowy. Some folks rode NIMBY to the intersection with Let It Go, and a couple of keeners have been pushing up Overnight as far as the viewpoint.

March 22, 2012, 1:44 p.m.

After several false starts I think we can say the season is here. Still limited, but we're a good month ahead of last year! I've updated the trails page here:

http://bikeco.ca/trails/pemberton-trails/

Quick version: Happy and Waco are clear, as well as NIMBY as far as Bob Gnarly. Indy 500, Blood Sweat [HTML_REMOVED] Fear, Lower Mackenzie all clear. Across the road Radio Tower and Mission Impossible are in great shape (the trail elves have been at work).

Pretty much everything north facing or shaded has some snow, the road around Mosquito Lake and the upper Mackenzie FSR are still covered.

Did you know there is now a Pemberton Trails iPhone app? Paper (actually, plastic) maps are available at the shop.

NOTE: we've been warned the CN Rail police may be at the bridge more often this year, you may want to ride from the gravel pit - the road across the field is clear.

March 22, 2012, 1:55 p.m.

ahhh just in time, was thinking about an aft/eve ride today!

March 25, 2012, 9:01 a.m.

Pemberton is really good right now! haven't really ventured out of the Happy/Waco/Radio Tower area, but it's so good in there right now it's really not a problem! Yesterday Pro/DK/Friends were rebuilding the oldest, semi-offcamber bridge on Radio Tower. Thanks Dan, Brad, and Seb, among others, for their regular trail work too, very much appreciated! now to get ready to head back there again, Pemberton in the spring is pretty much the best.

March 25, 2012, 7:09 p.m.

top of sphincter/econoline have snow. GG has snow to just below the rock chute, but its all ridable anyway. everything low down is supreme.

March 25, 2012, 8:34 p.m.

This weekend was a good weekend. Makes all those days riding in snow/rain/shit for the last few months worthwhile!

March 25, 2012, 9:10 p.m.

duffey was awesome too!

Looking to ride the shore but don't know where to go?

Get a copy of the Locals Guide to North Shore Rides!

Follow MTB Trails on Twitter

Follow Sharon and Lee on Twitter

March 26, 2012, 4:42 p.m.

Pemberton is really good right now! haven't really ventured out of the Happy/Waco/Radio Tower area, but it's so good in there right now it's really not a problem! Yesterday Pro/DK/Friends were rebuilding the oldest, semi-offcamber bridge on Radio Tower. Thanks Dan, Brad, and Seb, among others, for their regular trail work too, very much appreciated! now to get ready to head back there again, Pemberton in the spring is pretty much the best.

agreed.
thanks to all the builders out there. Things are looking much better(snow-wise) than last year. this time last year i think waco was totally covered…
The road to Dark Forest still has a bit of snow of the sugary slush type. Trail is clear though.

March 27, 2012, 11:35 a.m.

if anyone is heading up from whistler today for a shred and has space, let me know as im dtr.

March 30, 2012, 9:10 a.m.

How are the trails at the moment? I'm heading to Whistler for a couple of days and need to decide whether I'm taking the skis, bike or both.

Cheers, Ben

March 30, 2012, 11:26 a.m.

How are the trails at the moment? I'm heading to Whistler for a couple of days and need to decide whether I'm taking the skis, bike or both.

Cheers, Ben

probably as good as they were last weekend! snow's going very quickly in the valley, think you can hit sphincter/strawberrry fields, econoline/dark forest stuff now…although I'm sure the road around mosquito is still quite snowy

March 30, 2012, 5:21 p.m.

Cheers, Ben

Bring both! Skiing is the best it's been all year, and the riding's great. Perfect conditions for the Pemby Duathalon!

April 1, 2012, 9:27 a.m.

I wish it were an April Fool's joke, but it's snowing to the valley right now. Won't last long, but today's a write-off.