Pacific Spirit Park conditions

May 24, 2013, 10:20 a.m.

Since I live out that way four days a week I thought that I would start (and end) a thread on trail conditions. There are three conditions ever. Dry pea gravel highways, wet pea gravel highways with varying degrees of grumpy asshats that look at you like you are hell spawn, or the man that got her daughter pregnant.

Debate? Bikes are made for riding not pushing.

May 24, 2013, 10:40 a.m.

Sad really. I rode my first mountain bike in 1990 in the Pacific Spirit Park (N.B. I didn't group up there, just heard that there were "sweet trails" out there when I got my first mountain bike). Turned out to be the start of a perpetual adventure of a lifetime. Too bad the dunderheads out there have gotten so bitter about mountain bikes.

Would it be possible to petition to request mountain biker and hiker only trails out there to separate the colliding packs? Hikers stay the fuck off these sweet ass life-giving ribbons of dirt through the forest and mountain bikers stay off the soul draining crunchy unnatural highways through the woods?

"You know what's wrong with Vancouver? You can't pee off of your own balcony without getting in trouble"
- Phil Gordon

May 24, 2013, 2:57 p.m.

Douglas Fir, on a cross bike….
That is all.

May 24, 2013, 8:01 p.m.

I had a ride around there the other week with my dawg. I went during the week so not too many people around. I also rode my steel hardtail with 26" wheels and 1 1/8th steerer (I can't ride it anywhere else because people will point and laugh) and had an enjoyable time just cruising about. Sort of reminded me of XC racing in my youth.

I've also ridden around there on my '92 Rocky Mountain Vertex, and seen someone on an early Klein Adroit there. You just gotta take the place for what it is and turn your fucking Strava off….

treezz
wow you are a ass

May 24, 2013, 8:36 p.m.

Since I live out that way four days a week I thought that I would start (and end) a thread on trail conditions. There are three conditions ever. Dry pea gravel highways, wet pea gravel highways with varying degrees of grumpy asshats that look at you like you are hell spawn, or the man that got her daughter pregnant.

I think yer math is broken.

Pastor of Muppets

May 26, 2013, 4:11 p.m.

That place needs a 'skills park' like a small version of the one on Barnet Hwy, or inter-river park.

UBC just got a new concrete skate/bmx park, so why not?

Or….Vanier Park has the dirt jumps, so beside those would be another good location.

Jan. 17, 2014, 9:45 a.m.

Crowded last night. A group of three exiting as I was heading in and a couple guys were ahead of me doing a circuit up and down the Spanish banks side of things. I never see anyone in there at night.

Debate? Bikes are made for riding not pushing.