*Official 2010/2011 Fromme Snow Line Thread*

Feb. 18, 2011, 3:34 p.m.

figure that is a good guess, most likely bang on…
but has anyone actually been up there for a first hand report?
:)

went for a lunch pedal today

slushy at the first gate, 5-10cm at the 3rd, 10-15cm at the 5th. No vehicle tracks yet so after the 3rd pedaling gets kinda tough

it'll probably be clear again by Monday

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40

Feb. 18, 2011, 3:45 p.m.

it'll probably be clear again by Monday

Not if we get the precip. forecast for Sunday as snow…

Feb. 18, 2011, 4:49 p.m.

No vehicle tracks yet so after the 3rd pedaling gets kinda tough

Just got back from a quick rip. We were able to follow vehicle tracks to the 2nd.

Snow / slush/ wet on the top half of Bobsled. All clear from a few switchbacks before the drops - amazing how well the trail drains actually!

Snow and slush on all the bridges on Upper Griffin, not very confidence inspiring! But Lower Griffin and the switchbacks were in great shape.

"I'm not an ambi-turner. I can't turn left."

Feb. 19, 2011, 5:39 p.m.

got up to Espresso today. Top of the trail was covered in snow/ ice. I laid first tracks. Most of the wood was not ridable but the lower sections were awesome. Snow starts to get a bit hard to pedal in around Ladies/ Pipeline.

My Team From San Luis Obispo, CA
SLOtothebone.wordpress.com

My Dirtbag Team in BC
The B-Team

B-Team :heart:'s You

Feb. 19, 2011, 8:53 p.m.

Plenty of snow, but the trails were nice and dry

Feb. 20, 2011, 6:36 p.m.

Beautiful day on Fromme today, lots of people out. Snow starts getting a little think on the road around 5th (although the wheel tracks are likely ridable higher). Rode Ladies down, the first 1/4 was pretty icy but rideable, cleared up quite nicely after that, came out on skull which was completely clear

Feb. 20, 2011, 10:27 p.m.

got up to Espresso today. Top of the trail was covered in snow/ ice. I laid first tracks. Most of the wood was not ridable but the lower sections were awesome. Snow starts to get a bit hard to pedal in around Ladies/ Pipeline.

Got up to Espresso Saturday afternoon. Snow was softer than I expected, mabe 5cm under the canopy. Had a very low threshold of going going from grip to slip, but the stuff that was grippy was great. Most of the lower woodwork was slow due to the heaviness of the snow. By the time you got down to the wood rollercoaster it was a lot faster and started to clear.

Good ride, just a bit unpredictable on the upper half of the trail.

Feb. 21, 2011, 12:05 p.m.

Beautiful day on Fromme today, lots of people out. Snow starts getting a little think on the road around 5th (although the wheel tracks are likely ridable higher).

Managed to ride all the way up to Executioner yesterday (well ok… I had to push the last 20 feet to the entrance…)

The trail was completely covered in snow, and I'm talking the fun sort of snow that makes you yell out WOOOHOOO!!!! all the way to the bottom!

That being said all the snow can go and melt now please!

www.essentialcycles.com | www.essentialcycles.shop 

Service, Sales & Repair Shop, Mountain Bike Rentals, Coaching & Guiding

Feb. 21, 2011, 1:49 p.m.

Executioner was great on Saturday. Had one set of tracks to follow (good thing as I don't know the trail well enough to follow with the snow cover). Was an absolute blast to ride. Whoever hit up Excutioner ahead of me must have had a super ride with fresh tracks and all.

Was going to hit Ladies or Pipeline, but am wasn't too sure on how the woodwork would be with all the snow and ice. The ride up was good as the vehicle tracks compacted the snow making it a little easier.

Ok done the snow rides, enough with the snow already.

Feb. 21, 2011, 4:49 p.m.

Clear up Lower Griffen-KOTS/Roadside this afternoon. At the time Mtn. Highway was rideable well past Expresso though definitely slippery if not being easy and even on the pedal strokes.

Feb. 22, 2011, 6:04 p.m.

Hiked up today. Didn't bother riding the road. So much fun don't let the snow stop you from getting out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzyczgXNtf4

Baden Powell from Upper Boundary to Dempsey

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEAeJ8nugQ0

Feb. 23, 2011, 9:53 p.m.

ANyone have an update? Is Bobsled pretty much clear?

nobody is this dumb.

Feb. 23, 2011, 10:57 p.m.

Bobsled? good question! There were people on it tonight when we rode past! All I can say is, I love snow riding when you know where the good snow is to ride!! The BP though, has a few nasty slick surprises if your not on your A-Game!

www.essentialcycles.com | www.essentialcycles.shop 

Service, Sales & Repair Shop, Mountain Bike Rentals, Coaching & Guiding

Feb. 24, 2011, 10:47 a.m.

AussieDreamz, which trails did you ride? Any you suggest for a frigid ride tonight?

Feb. 24, 2011, 11:36 a.m.

Just got back from Fromme, snow all along the road and iscouple inches deep around the 4th. Rode Oilcan and it was damn fun! Really icy in a couple spots though but otherwise traction was great.

nobody is this dumb.