*Official 2010/2011 Fromme Snow Line Thread*

Feb. 5, 2011, 10:06 a.m.

Is Frommme super sloppy after the the rain we had earlier this week? What's ride-able on it right now?

Thanks

Feb. 5, 2011, 5:49 p.m.

There is old patchy snow on the road starting at about the 6th switchback, but ridable, then it's a walk from Upper Oilcan to 7th.

Only the first couple hundred meters of 7th have snow- all ridable though.

Rode 7th, Pipeline and my first try at Lower Skull. I took the first left thinking it would get me out to where I was parked (it did- on Coleman), however what a horrid trail. I bailed on the babyheads as I was avoiding overgrown branches to the face …

Feb. 5, 2011, 6:26 p.m.

Pls. see other thread titled "Fromme snow line".

Thread killer

Feb. 5, 2011, 7:19 p.m.

Seventh looks like it is in pretty good shape, all of it rideable?

Try wearing goggles with your XC helmet, I hear it is the next fashion trend :lol:

Feb. 5, 2011, 7:58 p.m.

Patchy snow beginning at upper oil can. 7th has some snow on the first few hundred yards but it is totally rideable. It's like the snow is packed and crunchy so you can get good traction on it. Not sketchy at all.

Feb. 5, 2011, 8:47 p.m.

^ Nice to meet you today, Mark. We made it back out to Braemar well before dark :)

Lower Crippler was my favourite of the day.

flickr

Feb. 5, 2011, 11:09 p.m.

^ Nice to meet you today, Mark. We made it back out to Braemar well before dark :)

Lower Crippler was my favourite of the day.

Morgan it was good to meet you all today…keep the pics coming…they make my day dreaming at work much easier…digging this one…this pic makes it look easy but in person is way steeper than it looks here…
http://www.flickr.com/photos/project-b/4801132906/in/set-72157624525728706/

Feb. 9, 2011, 1:40 p.m.

As of 8pm last night, there was a light dusting of snow on the road from the 5th switchback. Trails were clear, but woodwork was icy.

Feb. 9, 2011, 1:50 p.m.

Morgan it was good to meet you all today…keep the pics coming…they make my day dreaming at work much easier…digging this one…this pic makes it look easy but in person is way steeper than it looks here…
http://www.flickr.com/photos/project-b/4801132906/in/set-72157624525728706/

The photo is the rock roll on Expresso, right? I have never done that, rolled up to many times but never rode it. For some reason it has my number.

I have done the one on UOC. To those that have rode both the rock rolls on UOC and Expresso, which one is harder.

/end thread derail

Feb. 9, 2011, 1:55 p.m.

The photo is the rock roll on Expresso, right? I have never done that, rolled up to many times but never rode it. For some reason it has my number.

I have done the one on UOC. To those that have rode both the rock rolls on UOC and Expresso, which one is harder.

/end thread derail

Yes this is Espresso. I haven't ridden UOC or this one yet. I only became aware of this stunt this year and it hasn't been dry enough yet for me to attempt it.

The pic makes it look like if you get two wheels on the rock face that it wouldn't be much more to roll out. But when you stand at the top and peer down it's intimidating. Also, no margin for error in the approach on the skinnies, you have to be committed once you mount the skinnies.

Feb. 9, 2011, 3:23 p.m.

As I mention on the flickr page, I have ridden this one a number of times and not the one on UOC. The one on UOC seems steeper to me, and with a more difficult (or higher consequence if you don't make it) runout. With the one on Expresso, I really find there is time to hang your front wheel out over the edge before you push forward and ride down it.

flickr

Feb. 9, 2011, 9:10 p.m.

Cool and clear night up on Fromme. We rode (yes, rode!) up to the fifth switchback. We were surprised to see a few patches of snow lingering around that corner.

We pushed (hangs head in shame) up the little connector to the start of Crinkum. Trail was mostly frozen ground with the odd puddle. Rock was grippy, but we gave some of the wood work a skip as it was definitely icy and slick in patches.

Rode back up to Bobsled, then finished off with a lap of Griffin and the switchbacks. I'm loving all the work done on Griffin - such a fun way to end the ride!

"I'm not an ambi-turner. I can't turn left."

Feb. 9, 2011, 11:22 p.m.

Rode up to 6th today, there was snow on the road starting at 4th. Most of he trails were clear, as the snow appears to be old dust on crust. Rode Pile of Rocks and there was snow on most of the trail, or the wood was a little icy.

All in all it was perfect conditions for shedding loam.

Posted via Mobile Device

This trip to Kelowna was definately an undertaking - Liam and I had been planning this project for 24 hours. We worked really hard to pull out all the stops in this video. We had slo-mo goggle shots; time lapses; pedal flips; outrageous product shots; unloading and loading the bike; walking through the field with your hand in wheat. At the end of the day this trip was all about just getting out and riding with all my friends.

www.letsridebikes.ca

Feb. 10, 2011, 9:27 a.m.

i think that's the first time i've ever heard someone riding pile of rocks.

Feb. 10, 2011, 9:35 a.m.

i think that's the first time i've ever heard someone riding pile of rocks.

Yeah, it's pretty sucky. Way better to just ride any other trail, really.

This trip to Kelowna was definately an undertaking - Liam and I had been planning this project for 24 hours. We worked really hard to pull out all the stops in this video. We had slo-mo goggle shots; time lapses; pedal flips; outrageous product shots; unloading and loading the bike; walking through the field with your hand in wheat. At the end of the day this trip was all about just getting out and riding with all my friends.

www.letsridebikes.ca