*Official 2010/2011 Fromme Snow Line Thread*

Jan. 27, 2011, 5:41 p.m.

Now we've got kilometre markings on Mountain Highway! As if i need a marker every half a kilometre to remind me how slow i'm going! Dang.

no shit eh? I noticed those today. They don't come out very easily. Or so I hear.

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40

Jan. 27, 2011, 6:22 p.m.

technically it already is paved - its under the gravel. Its becoming exposed in some spots like at the Nat High entrance

I got a book for Xmas with old historical photos of North Van. How lame is that? And even lamer, I'm totally stoked on it. Anyways, its got an old pic from the 3rd showing nice smooth blacktop and an old 30's era car chugging up

Can you scan some of those photos?

There's nothing better than an Orangina after cheating death with Digger.

Jan. 27, 2011, 8:38 p.m.

I felt like a roadie going up Cypress…that's why I'm doin' more Fromme!

Jan. 28, 2011, 9:21 a.m.

technically it already is paved - its under the gravel. Its becoming exposed in some spots like at the Nat High entrance

I got a book for Xmas with old historical photos of North Van. How lame is that? And even lamer, I'm totally stoked on it. Anyways, its got an old pic from the 3rd showing nice smooth blacktop and an old 30's era car chugging up

Even lamer… I think I know that book as I came across it somewhere on Lonsdale back in November and thought "I hope someone buys this for me for Xmas"!

"Everybody loves something, even if its just tortillas"

Jan. 28, 2011, 9:35 a.m.

Why is it lame to be curious about the place where you live?

There's nothing better than an Orangina after cheating death with Digger.

Jan. 28, 2011, 1:59 p.m.

nah its not lame, its actually a rad book. Loaded with interesting photos. I couldn't put it down on Xmas day.

I'll try to scan the pics at work on Monday

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40

Jan. 28, 2011, 2:23 p.m.

Why is it lame to be curious about the place where you live?

Qualifying comments with somewhat self depreciating attempts at humour might be a direct result of living in the place I do. Just trying to keep it all in context.

"Everybody loves something, even if its just tortillas"

Jan. 28, 2011, 5:58 p.m.

Looking forward to seeing those pics….I love seeing the history …. someday there may be a book about the old days of biking in North Van… ;)

"It never gets easier, you just go faster." - Greg LeMond

http://www.myspace.com/readyrabbit :rocker:

Jan. 29, 2011, 1:19 p.m.

Apologies to all NV historians - but any updates on riding conditions? I assume very wet…

Jan. 29, 2011, 1:48 p.m.

very wet. Great day to rip your CD collection to the hard drive.

Jan. 29, 2011, 2:05 p.m.

Wet is an understatement!!! But oh so much fun! Rode all the way up to 7th (well to Upper Oilcan then the snow started and the pedaling slowed to a push)

7th had some snow on the first little bit then cleared up and was in pretty good nick. Pipeline is also great (not a lot of water on the trail consider the monsoon we seem to be having!) Finished on Lower Crippler which is also in awesome riding condition!

Didn't see a lot of other people out today, anybody would think you're all made of sugar or something :P

www.essentialcycles.com | www.essentialcycles.shop 

Service, Sales & Repair Shop, Mountain Bike Rentals, Coaching & Guiding

Jan. 29, 2011, 2:30 p.m.

very wet. Great day to rip your CD collection to the hard drive.

How long per CD? Amanda has about 2,000 I would like to get rid of.

Posted via Mobile Device

This trip to Kelowna was definately an undertaking - Liam and I had been planning this project for 24 hours. We worked really hard to pull out all the stops in this video. We had slo-mo goggle shots; time lapses; pedal flips; outrageous product shots; unloading and loading the bike; walking through the field with your hand in wheat. At the end of the day this trip was all about just getting out and riding with all my friends.

www.letsridebikes.ca

Jan. 29, 2011, 6:01 p.m.

Bobsled actually had puddles on it today, but was grippy. We probably would have chosen otherwise but had a beginner-come-novice along for the ride, and she was so excited to ride a smooth trail after a couple sessions on Bridle.

flickr

Jan. 29, 2011, 6:28 p.m.

How long per CD? Amanda has about 2,000 I would like to get rid of.

Posted via Mobile Device

I'm at 147 albums for most of the day now. Good luck with that. And I started a couple days ago in the evenings.

Jan. 30, 2011, 11:44 a.m.

Wet is an understatement!!! But oh so much fun! Rode all the way up to 7th (well to Upper Oilcan then the snow started and the pedaling slowed to a push)

7th had some snow on the first little bit then cleared up and was in pretty good nick. Pipeline is also great (not a lot of water on the trail consider the monsoon we seem to be having!) Finished on Lower Crippler which is also in awesome riding condition!

Didn't see a lot of other people out today, anybody would think you're all made of sugar or something :P

The only other riders i saw yesterday were retrieving a few beers from the creek by the Baden-Powell exit just as i was starting up. Looks like you had a good ride!