*Official 2010/2011 Fromme Snow Line Thread*

Jan. 9, 2011, 12:28 p.m.

couldn't get out until 1:30 yesterday…right when it started to rain/snow. But other than pushing the last 100 metres to Pipeline, it was a bit of crusty snow, then wet, and excellent the rest of the way…may be a bit icy with the cooler temps. good flow!

Jan. 9, 2011, 4:17 p.m.

Little bit of snow on top of Pipeline this afternoon, but after the newer woodwork with the teeter it was virtually dry. Lower Crippler was in perfect shape. Awesome day, great ride!

Jan. 10, 2011, 11:11 a.m.

Rode up to Pipeline on Sunday. Hard, icy and compacted snow all the way up the road. Very rideable. Top bit of Pipeline was a bit snowy and slippery but that gave way by the time I got to the cliff edge steeps where the pipeline passes by. After that it was grippy and awesome. Some of the woodwork had a thin convex layer of ice that made the ladders a bit unpredictable but overall it was all ridable. BP was a blast. Good times.

There's nothing better than an Orangina after cheating death with Digger.

Jan. 10, 2011, 3:25 p.m.

yesterday was glorious up there. compact easy climb all the way to ladies… it was a bit of a march after that though.

frozen loamers all the way down with almost zero frost heave.

fuck ya biking in january

Jan. 12, 2011, 7:38 a.m.

Got a Bobsled lap in followed by a run up to Pipeline last night from 6-8pm. Trails we frozen and fun. Snow was coming down hard on the way back to the car and if it came down on Fromme like it came down on us in Coquitlam it looks like it's going to be a few days before the trails clear up again.

My Team From San Luis Obispo, CA
SLOtothebone.wordpress.com

My Dirtbag Team in BC
The B-Team

B-Team :heart:'s You

Jan. 12, 2011, 9:48 a.m.

We started with Bobsled at about noon yesterday, and found it to be icy but without the confidence-inspiring tackiness that had been there for the past couple weeks. I would describe the road conditions as "ice with bare patches, and old snow overtop as of the 4th". Climbing past Pipeline was a bit of a chore, but the ride turned out to be worth it. Of course all of this changes with new snow, and hopefully some rain.

flickr

Jan. 12, 2011, 12:51 p.m.

Climbing to Pipeline last night (Tuesday) was increasingly icy on the way up so tricky at times but no deep snow. Pipeline was icy and dicey so if the snow settled on it last night it'll be a handful. About half way down the ice gave way to frost so the lower trails should be fun in the snow. This was all prior to Tue night snow.

Sustainable will be around forever.

Jan. 14, 2011, 10:40 a.m.

What are the conditions like now after the snow this week….planning on going up there tomorrow (Saturday)…want to at least try getting up to Ladies/Expresso height…

"It never gets easier, you just go faster." - Greg LeMond

http://www.myspace.com/readyrabbit :rocker:

Jan. 14, 2011, 11:23 a.m.

What are the conditions like now after the snow this week….planning on going up there tomorrow (Saturday)…want to at least try getting up to Ladies/Expresso height…

Wondering the same thing. I was going to try to get up there tonight. How are things looking?

My Dirtbag Team in BC
The B-Team

Jan. 14, 2011, 11:26 a.m.

im curious too!!!

Jan. 14, 2011, 8:07 p.m.

Me too! Anyone? Anyone?

Jan. 14, 2011, 8:12 p.m.

Went up around 5pm tonight. The 3rd and 5th switchbacks are ICE, but everything else is clear and ridable. I came down Pipeline and the top section down to the long ladder with the teeter on it was pretty icy, but everythign else was clear and ridable. Pretty fun ride, the last bit down to BP was a river. Get up there and rip it up.

My Dirtbag Team in BC
The B-Team

Jan. 15, 2011, 4:57 p.m.

probably a little less ice than yesterday on the corners going up, just a little mushy and a few remnants of ice the first bit of Pipeline get your attention, then all fun…warm too.

Jan. 15, 2011, 5:27 p.m.

Great ride today down Ladies and Skull to Mill St. Very little ice as mentioned above. Warm and wet is the theme.

Ran into Todd working on his new ponds near the teeter. They were flowing! If you fell off the log before and didn`t get wet, well those days are gone.

Nice work Digger!

Jan. 15, 2011, 7:38 p.m.

Anyone know if Pink Starfish is still closed?

Thread killer