*Official 2010/2011 Fromme Snow Line Thread*

Jan. 1, 2011, 8:57 p.m.

Same great conditions from Ladies and Pipeline down. My buddy pedaled up farther and couldn't get to the old car because the snow got a bit too deep. I would suspect anything higher than Expresso would not be a good idea. Bobsled lap, Ladies lap and finished off with a Floppy Bunny and Natural High run. Great day!

My Team From San Luis Obispo, CA
SLOtothebone.wordpress.com

My Dirtbag Team in BC
The B-Team

B-Team :heart:'s You

Jan. 2, 2011, 7:50 a.m.

Espresso was in good shape yesterday afternoon for the most part. Some icy woodwork and icy rock, but if it was dry, it was grippy and fast. Lower Crippler was mint.

Jan. 2, 2011, 5:41 p.m.

Krinkum was an ice rink today. Thick sheets of ice on most of the rockwork. It's best to stay off it till it warms up some.

Jan. 2, 2011, 5:48 p.m.

Ladies Only was beautiful today not a trace of snow or ice and plenty of grip, Kirkford had some ice but was still completely rideable, and the road was basically clear up until Ladies Only and Pipeline

Jan. 2, 2011, 9:01 p.m.

Oh, I forgot to mention that I'm pretty sure I left a pair of white riding glasses at the top of Ladies yesterday. If you found them shoot me a PM. Thanks.

My Dirtbag Team in BC
The B-Team

Jan. 4, 2011, 8:08 p.m.

Just got a quick Bobsled lap in around 6pm. A light dusting of snow on the road and the trail had a bit of ice, but still pretty good. We'll see what happens tonight with all these rumors of snow.

My Dirtbag Team in BC
The B-Team

Jan. 6, 2011, 12:42 p.m.

anyone been up last night or today? Just curious how much snow stuck

from the Grouse gondi it was looking pretty thick yesterday morning

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40

Jan. 8, 2011, 8:49 a.m.

Going up for a lap or to this morning…will post an update…..I am hoping the snow won't be too bad….

"It never gets easier, you just go faster." - Greg LeMond

http://www.myspace.com/readyrabbit :rocker:

Jan. 8, 2011, 9:53 a.m.

Rode to Pipeline on Friday afternoon. Spotty snow starts at second gate. By the end of 4th switchback it's pretty solid. I rode the granny gear singletrack from 4 to top of 5. From top of 5 it's pretty much a hike a bike. Top bit of pipeline was covered in snow.

Tons of water on the mtn. The exit from pipeline to bp was a raging creek. Fun though.

Jan. 8, 2011, 2:15 p.m.

Went up in the sun today around noon and just finished in a snow storm. It was snowing quite heavily even at the yellow gate. We decided to finish off with Natural High, not a great idea. The snow was sticking to the wood and was not grippy, it was definitely slippy. Lots of people were still showing up when I was leaving and once I got to the bottom of mt. hwy I could see why, it was still all dry and sunny.

Riding is more fun than not riding

Jan. 8, 2011, 3:23 p.m.

I went up earlier this morning (10:30am)….the weather was clear…rode up to Pipeline. the fireroad got pretty unridable because of snow after 3rd switch. Pipeline was pretty snow heavy for about the quarter to half of the trail…but the snow was pretty tacky (no dabs!). The snow was gone half way down and all the wood work was great. Went back up for a rip down bobsled…and the snow had started…bobsled was still running pretty fast though.

"It never gets easier, you just go faster." - Greg LeMond

http://www.myspace.com/readyrabbit :rocker:

Jan. 8, 2011, 5:14 p.m.

Rode up to Bobsled this afternoon. Still some snow on the woodwork and that plus the thick muck made some of the trail pretty greasy. Maybe it was me, but the trail seemed pretty slow this afternoon due to the muck. Natural High was better, but still some light snow on the woodwork on the top half.

Jan. 8, 2011, 5:42 p.m.

As we were driving back from Seymour today wearing sunglasses, Fromme looked like it was taking a beating from a giant cloud. We were happy with our choice ;)

flickr

Jan. 9, 2011, 1:23 a.m.

Don't even bother going up to any of the 5th SB runs on fromme.. probably 3-4 inches of snow. We ended up walking our bikes down most of Ladies.

Jan. 9, 2011, 9:43 a.m.

Snow from 4 to 5 SBs - pretty much unridable.
Ladies was good, a little snow at the top, first few ramps
Covered then good to go just slippery.
I rode it in the AM…weather changed in afternoon I think