*Official 2010/2011 Fromme Snow Line Thread*

Nov. 29, 2010, 12:59 p.m.

bobsled is about as high as you can go for now. Maybe more will be open by next weekend

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40

Nov. 29, 2010, 1:22 p.m.

Bobsled yesterday was a riot! Pretty much all snow covered, icy/slushy and slippery, but really fun.

Nov. 30, 2010, 1:29 p.m.

Yeah I rode Bobsled on Saturday…its was a full-on snow/slide ride….sounds like it is still the same. I am hoping that it will be a bit better by this weekend. :)

"It never gets easier, you just go faster." - Greg LeMond

http://www.myspace.com/readyrabbit :rocker:

Nov. 30, 2010, 4:12 p.m.

Would it be better with a toboggan?

flickr

Nov. 30, 2010, 5:53 p.m.

Yeah…well next time I will check the trail conditions thread before riding… ;)

"It never gets easier, you just go faster." - Greg LeMond

http://www.myspace.com/readyrabbit :rocker:

Nov. 30, 2010, 7:27 p.m.

if we get truly dumped with snow, i wonder if anyone will haul a gt sled up there and give it a go :P

hit the drops lol.

Nov. 30, 2010, 9:42 p.m.

Would it be better with a toboggan?

Bobsled is not steep enough for a sled

Incline might be interesting on a sled :idea:

Dec. 2, 2010, 10:39 a.m.

another update would be nice :)

Dec. 2, 2010, 12:25 p.m.

Heading up an hour or so i'll let you know after.
Posted via Mobile Device

nobody is this dumb.

Dec. 2, 2010, 12:27 p.m.

thanks man.

i missed out last weekend again to work but sounded like it wasnt the greatest to ride in.. this weekend is looking clear but chilly.. bobsled will be fun to gain confidence and comfort again.

Dec. 3, 2010, 10:37 a.m.

update please :)

Dec. 3, 2010, 12:04 p.m.

Just got back from 5th switchback to Crinkum (had to push the last couple hundred metres or so) and, well, there was snow! The first part was deep and mushy, and I was pretty useless, but by the rollovers, it got a bit better and mostly rideable after that. One other set of tracks in front of me. Down lower there were lots of open patches and the bit of snow was more crusty.
So, not a bad ride! Got in a little downhill fix.

Dec. 3, 2010, 12:07 p.m.

thanks for the update!

Dec. 4, 2010, 5:26 p.m.

Rode up this afternoon. Snow on the road, but tracked by a vehicle and most of the way up there was a mix of snow and dirt to the 4th. Quite a bit of snow on the 4th and looked like mostly snow on the road to the 5th(didn't see much dirt, if any). Was losing light and it looked like it would take a while to get past the 5th, so I pushed in to Ladies off the 4th.

More snow under the canopy there than I expected and it was kind of 50/50 snow dirt to Upper Skull. But Upper Skull was in pefect shape - no snow, tacky, no puddles. Was trying to get over to Lower Crippler after but losing light quickly, so went down Dempsey, and again, really good shape. Most the lower trails over that way are likely in prime shape.

If you're heading out for an afternoon ride, don't underestimate how fast we're losing light these days.

Edit: FYI it looked like quite a bit of blow-down on Ladies above the trail where it meets the 4th in case anyone is considering riding it from the trail head. Keep your eyes open!

Dec. 4, 2010, 6 p.m.

were you the guy on the grey reign I talked to by the second gate? Rode up Dempsey and across the BP to mtn hwy, a bit wet but good conditions. Was able to ride most of the road until about half way between the 5th and Ladies (except the switchback corners), then the track got narrow and couldn't keep a line. Pushed up to Grannies, only a couple bike tracks past Pipeline. Couple tracks down Grannies, was really surprised how much I was able to ride. Snow ended after the steep chutes (where it flattens out a bit and gets fast before the concrete bridge). Good ride, worth it to me. And yes light was fading fast, just enough to get out (I did have a light though).

Rode up this afternoon. Snow on the road, but tracked by a vehicle and most of the way up there was a mix of snow and dirt to the 4th. Quite a bit of snow on the 4th and looked like mostly snow on the road to the 5th(didn't see much dirt, if any). Was losing light and it looked like it would take a while to get past the 5th, so I pushed in to Ladies off the 4th.

More snow under the canopy there than I expected and it was kind of 50/50 snow dirt to Upper Skull. But Upper Skull was in pefect shape - no snow, tacky, no puddles. Was trying to get over to Lower Crippler after but losing light quickly, so went down Dempsey, and again, really good shape. Most the lower trails over that way are likely in prime shape.

If you're heading out for an afternoon ride, don't underestimate how fast we're losing light these days.