*Official 2010/2011 Fromme Snow Line Thread*

Feb. 25, 2011, 12:39 p.m.

low-level XC riding is pretty nice right now too, frozen and fast

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40

Feb. 26, 2011, 9:50 a.m.

anyone think bobsled is rideable right now?

, however, notice the black guys pants don't leave much to the imajination.

Feb. 26, 2011, 10:06 a.m.

Rode it Thursday late afternoon - super slick and icy but do-able; makes it a double blue run in these conditions.

Feb. 26, 2011, 11:06 a.m.

Agreed, there's some slick spots but keeping it rolling and you'll be fine. Just don't touch the front brake for the top half!

I rode down the Griffen switchbacks too and some of those are just a sheet of polished ice. Keep your eyes open!

Jon-boy.

Feb. 26, 2011, 11:07 a.m.

It's snowing now! :woot:

Feb. 26, 2011, 4:02 p.m.

bobsled was pretty fun today.. fun enough for a second lap. the corner that drops down to the first bridge is gonna see some carnage i think! :)

natural high isn't in bad nick.. no ice just snow.

as mentioned the griffin switchbacks are a sheet of ice.. i don't know if i used my front brake the whole ride!

Feb. 26, 2011, 9:04 p.m.

Hit up Pipeline today. Definitely a few sections with solid ice (covered by a layer of snow so you don't see it until you're squirreling all over the place; fun times!), but overall pretty good.

Heard from a guy that rode Oilcan that it was pretty ice and the snow was pretty dead on the road up there.

Natural high was fine top/bottom. Didn't notice the ice of the Griffin switchbacks, but I'd be sliding around all day so it may very well be there.

Overall a sweet day in snewwwwwwww

Feb. 26, 2011, 10:30 p.m.

It's likely a moot point with the amount of snow falling now - but riding conditions today were sweet - way past the 5th switchback. Road was easy for climbing as well.

Feb. 27, 2011, 3:16 p.m.

Epic powder day today. Broke fresh bike tracks all the way from the first gate, it was too deep to ride, but the push was OK because of all the foot traffic.

First lap was fresh tracks down Bobsled, lots of fun and super grip in the fresh snow. The berms are great with snow on them, especially the light stuff that was on them today.

Second lap down Floppy Bunnie, still no other bike tracks going up the road, so fresh tracks on FB as well. Not as good as Bobsled, only because there are some flatter spots that it was hard to keep momentum on.

Third lap I was going to try and get past the 5th for Mr McCrae, but once I got to the 3rd the snow was almost knee deep and the snowshoe tracks I was following/using ended and it was too hard to break trail with a bike and no snowshoes. Hit 38DD (skipped all the jumps), it's not a bad snow trail, open and steep enough to keep a nice flow going.

Fourth lap was back up to Bobsled. This time there looked like one other set of bike tracks going up. Bobsled had seen a bunch of foot traffic going up, so it was way more slippery the second time around. Still tons of fun. Finished with Natural High and Griffen Swithbacks, the snow was getting kind of heavy down low and those trails are much flatter, so it was hard to keep the flow going (no bike tracks on either of these trails.

Got some pictures, if I can figure out how to post them up, I will.

Feb. 27, 2011, 3:27 p.m.

Fourth lap was back up to Bobsled. This time there looked like one other set of bike tracks going up. Bobsled had seen a bunch of foot traffic going up, so it was way more slippery the second time around. Still tons of fun. Finished with Natural High and Griffen Swithbacks, the snow was getting kind of heavy down low and those trails are much flatter, so it was hard to keep the flow going (no bike tracks on either of these trails.

That would have been me. What bloody splendid day. I could not believe how much grip there was, the snow was clearing my tires so well, they were almost tacky, it was astonishing.

I met the snowshoe dudes coming down and they mentioned they met some nut job pushing up to the third, I guess that was you! :)

I tried to go down KOS but way too much snow and not enough gradient. Found that BP was a lot of fun, packed enough by hikers and smooth and tacky enough to get some good flow.

If anyone is even half tempted to go up at the moment, just do it, it's a bit of a slog up but you won't be disappointed.

Please let me demonstrate the ride around; really it's no trouble.

Feb. 27, 2011, 3:40 p.m.

I met the snowshoe dudes coming down and they mentioned they met some nut job pushing up to the third, I guess that was you! :)

That was me, I kept passing them on the way up and their way down.

I agree, the grip was killer, the worst part of my ride was from McNair down to 15th [HTML_REMOVED] Lonsdale. The untracked snow was OK, but the packed was super sketchy, Hoskins was fun for a bit, then it got a little scary with some traffic, I rode the sidewalk for a bit, then I ended up back roading it until Lynn Valley Rd, after that I just took over the right lane the rest of the way home.

I guess I am a little nutters, but how many powder days do you get on your bike in a year. Gotta take advantage.

Feb. 27, 2011, 3:51 p.m.

Following your tracks:

Please let me demonstrate the ride around; really it's no trouble.

Feb. 27, 2011, 5:02 p.m.

How can I post up a picture like you did, I only know how to use a link.

Feb. 27, 2011, 6:29 p.m.

Sorry Tonestar , PPP and I got there first last night!

http://www.pinkbike.com/video/183637/

Feb. 27, 2011, 6:55 p.m.

Tonestar, Click on the "Go Advanced" button at the bottom of the thread.

Then Click on the "Manage Attachments" button in the middle of the page. Just watch the file size and pic size to keep it under the limits.

That will allow you to attach pics to your post.