Merritt ?

Sept. 8, 2010, 8:55 a.m.

hello all… iron is good to go now…. i took a month long camping/surf trip to cali in june and then hurt myself on the shore in july so my trail maintenence was delayed this year(and there was ALOT of blowdown this year)… 98, 99, treats, chrispy's, the tyrant, king slayer are all good to go… all blowdown removed finally… hornet is still in bad shape, and heroic doses still has prolly 7 or 8 trees across the trail on the btm half.. i've cut in a new trail at the lower half of 99 that gets you back over to lower treats so you can ride 99 and you don't have to ride the tyrant(high consequence skinnies etc)… all trails are signed now and most have ratings(black, double black etc) i am starting a flow/jump trail right now on old glen's trail… should be done before snow flies…. hit me up if you come to town and i'll show y'all around!!!

Sept. 8, 2010, 9:52 a.m.

thanks to scott, mattias, and luke for helping out with iron mtn maintenence this year… your help is appreciated!

Sept. 8, 2010, 5:08 p.m.

Awesome and great work!

Looking to ride the shore but don't know where to go?

Get a copy of the Locals Guide to North Shore Rides!

Follow MTB Trails on Twitter

Follow Sharon and Lee on Twitter

Sept. 8, 2010, 7:39 p.m.

much thanks!

Sept. 8, 2010, 8:25 p.m.

oh and where should we stash the beer next time we come up there?

Looking to ride the shore but don't know where to go?

Get a copy of the Locals Guide to North Shore Rides!

Follow MTB Trails on Twitter

Follow Sharon and Lee on Twitter

Sept. 9, 2010, 9:45 a.m.

oh and where should we stash the beer next time we come up there?

A valid question! Please let us know.

On a side-note, we were riding Robert's Creek on the Sunshine Coast and up on 102, there is a 'bar' built. At the bar were 2 older guys that do a lot of the trail maintenance. When I pedalled my way up there, it was both surreal and fantastic to be met by two guys offerring me a stool and a beer to celebrate the top. They do this to reward those that pedal to earn their turns and ensure they do this far enough from the shuttle crowd. :clap: Made me laugh.

Sept. 9, 2010, 10:13 a.m.

Oh wow that's a great idea!

Sept. 11, 2010, 8:07 p.m.

to anyone that has ridden/rides the swakum mountain trail, its extremely dialed right now. me and mattias did work on the lower berms through the last gully section and someone else added a few in above that(thanks alot). also both roadgap lips are rebuilt.

Cafe blog-www.bicyclecafe.blogspot.com !!!
Cafe site-www.bicyclecafe.com/kamloops !!!

Sept. 11, 2010, 11:19 p.m.

omg 5hrs at the info center trails today, sooo awesome..

Is there a Vancouver in Taiwan?! I had no idea!!

Nothing sums up my life's achievements like my stuffed corpse, suplexing a cougar.

Sept. 12, 2010, 7:25 p.m.

omg 5hrs at the info center trails today, sooo awesome..

I'll second that. TMI to Ursa Major, back up TMI to Ridge, then hiked up a fresh line that took us to the top of the grassy meadow ridge, where we adventured for a while, then ripped down Ridge (so awesome) to the visitor centre to grab a samosa, then climbed TMI up to Godey and back to the cars feeling awesome.