Maple Ridge Woodlot 2015 Conditions

July 9, 2015, 10:38 p.m.

All the current road work and logging in Woodlot 0007 and Woodlot 0086 has been suspended until conditions improve.

www.FVMBA.com

Aug. 27, 2015, 2:57 p.m.

Logging in the Woodlot:

Starting August 31 they will begin logging out Block 20 which is at the top of Dogshit Hill. Access up Dogshit Hill from 287 Street will be blocked off 7am to 5pm Monday to Friday for a couple of weeks.

To access Woodlot trails during that time you can pedal/ push up Shotgun (please watch out for downhill riders) or pedal up from the parking area at 28101 Dewdney Trunk Road.

Thanks,
Ryan
FVMBA

www.FVMBA.com

Sept. 25, 2015, 5:46 p.m.

Logging at the top of Dogshit Hill has been completed and the normal way up is open.

We are working on a ditch and culvert to deal with the huge puddle at the bottom of Blood Donor.

A bridge will be built to cross the ditch at the bottom of Upper Toadstool. In the meantime watch out as it is deep muck.

www.FVMBA.com

Sept. 25, 2015, 7:59 p.m.

silly me, i thought i could hit the last jump on blood donor and still avoid the puddle. Oh well, whats mountain biking without a little mud in your undies

Oct. 3, 2015, 5:22 p.m.

There is someone cutting in straight-line Strava-braids on Shotgun. This needs to stop. The braids lead riders into swails that I have dug in to collect water off the trail. If you see someone making unauthorized changes to the trail, please ask them to stop in the most respectful and kind manner possible.

If you see the braids return, please get off your bike and drag some debris to block them and notify me. I am going to have to now build something permanent to close these braids.

If you're interested in building trails feel free to contact me or Dean W first and we can steer you in the right direction, provide any guidance, provide supplies and provide any support that might be needed.

Cheers, Ryan
FVMBA

www.FVMBA.com

Oct. 6, 2015, 11:57 a.m.

There is someone cutting in straight-line Strava-braids on Shotgun. This needs to stop. The braids lead riders into swails that I have dug in to collect water off the trail. If you see someone making unauthorized changes to the trail, please ask them to stop in the most respectful and kind manner possible.

If you see the braids return, please get off your bike and drag some debris to block them and notify me. I am going to have to now build something permanent to close these braids.

If you're interested in building trails feel free to contact me or Dean W first and we can steer you in the right direction, provide any guidance, provide supplies and provide any support that might be needed.

Cheers, Ryan
FVMBA

Rode Goldmine, Snakes, Bloggy, Hoots, and Shotgun on Saturday. Decent sized log down on Goldmine in a pretty high speed section. Kinda sketchy. Tried to move it myself but no dice. I grew up riding these trails, and maintain that they're some of the best in SW BC. Loving all the recent work and new features going up. Such a great place to ride, and it Sure trumps anything on the current dumbed down parody of the North Shore.

I'm wondering how I'd go about doing some work on Goldmine? I'm not looking to add any structures or take away from the raw, old school feel of the trail, just interested in throwing some dirt in a few sections near the top, replacing some rocks in a couple roll downs that are a bit bombed out etc.

Also very interested in helping resurrect Woodlot Gold, if at all possible. I've been told the trailbed is still fairly intact, but the woodwork must be really beat to shit by now. One of the coolest trails I've ever ridden. Would love to see it back on form.

Lastly, I've stopped to look for the mineshaft near the cabin on Goldmine a couple times now to no avail. If anyone knows the whereabouts and is ok with sharing the info, let me know here or via DM. Much love to everyone who's been building up there and maintaining this gem of a trail system. You do great work!

Oct. 6, 2015, noon

Oh yeah, also noticed a faint trailbed bearing left and heading downhill at the beginning of Platinum. Any idea what trail this is? I seem to recall a trail named Swiss Army Knife up there, but remember it heading right in the same direction as Platinum? I've also never been able to find Tsuga, if its even worth looking for. Peace!

Oct. 6, 2015, 1:39 p.m.

I don't know what kind of shape the ravine crossing is on Gold, but I can guess what a chore it would be to return it to a rideable state.

Thread killer

Oct. 6, 2015, 2:44 p.m.

Rode Goldmine, Snakes, Bloggy, Hoots, and Shotgun on Saturday. Decent sized log down on Goldmine in a pretty high speed section. Kinda sketchy. Tried to move it myself but no dice. I grew up riding these trails, and maintain that they're some of the best in SW BC. Loving all the recent work and new features going up. Such a great place to ride, and it Sure trumps anything on the current dumbed down parody of the North Shore.

I'm wondering how I'd go about doing some work on Goldmine? I'm not looking to add any structures or take away from the raw, old school feel of the trail, just interested in throwing some dirt in a few sections near the top, replacing some rocks in a couple roll downs that are a bit bombed out etc.

Also very interested in helping resurrect Woodlot Gold, if at all possible. I've been told the trailbed is still fairly intact, but the woodwork must be really beat to shit by now. One of the coolest trails I've ever ridden. Would love to see it back on form.

Lastly, I've stopped to look for the mineshaft near the cabin on Goldmine a couple times now to no avail. If anyone knows the whereabouts and is ok with sharing the info, let me know here or via DM. Much love to everyone who's been building up there and maintaining this gem of a trail system. You do great work!

PM sent.

With regards to the mineshafts; There are 4 that I know of, including two that the guy who owns the claim has dug in the last year . 2 old mines can be found near the second cabin. The other two are off the new mining road that crosses PBR.

www.FVMBA.com

Nov. 25, 2015, 5:09 a.m.

noticed the bottom of upper Goldmine seems to be marked out for logging. Any info or timeline on this.:(

bottom of upper goldmine is gone,soon to be a road

Nov. 25, 2015, 12:10 p.m.

bottom of upper goldmine is gone,soon to be a road

Mission Forest is currently logging blocks at the end of Goldmine and PBR. Timeline is several months. I have advised them to put up signage at the trailhead so please abide by any closures they post up.

Trails will be cleared when logging is complete.

www.FVMBA.com

Nov. 30, 2015, 8:21 p.m.

bottom of upper goldmine is gone,soon to be a road[/QUOTE

Was really cool of them to leave such a mess. Took me over an hour to cross it in the early AM. Ate shit many times on frost covered logs.

Nov. 30, 2015, 8:24 p.m.

bottom of upper goldmine is gone,soon to be a road[/QUOTE

Was really cool of them to leave such a mess. Took me over an hour to cross it in the early AM. Ate shit many times on frost covered logs.

The trails are closed for the next two months. Signs have been posted . The slash will be removed and trail bed put back in following the logging.

www.FVMBA.com

Dec. 4, 2015, 6:37 p.m.

Oh yeah, also noticed a faint trailbed bearing left and heading downhill at the beginning of Platinum. Any idea what trail this is? I seem to recall a trail named Swiss Army Knife up there, but remember it heading right in the same direction as Platinum? I've also never been able to find Tsuga, if its even worth looking for. Peace!

Tsuga is definitely worth looking for. It's really easy to find too.