Maple Ridge Woodlot 2014 Conditions

Jan. 8, 2014, 9:10 a.m.

There actually IS a tree down in the final stretch of Stovetop, just above the bridge at the end of Platinum.

I state a fact, people get all pissy. What's the deal with that?

"It's, like, so much fun."

Jan. 8, 2014, 2:49 p.m.

There actually IS a tree down in the final stretch of Stovetop, just above the bridge at the end of Platinum.

I state a fact, people get all pissy. What's the deal with that?

Playin innocent Moby

diggin

Jan. 11, 2014, 3:17 p.m.

Tree was removed this morning. The structure of the bridge is sound but there are several rung that will need to be repaired/replaced. Exercise caution.

www.FVMBA.com

Jan. 11, 2014, 10:28 p.m.

Cheers Ry, I'll get some rung in there at some point.

diggin

Jan. 12, 2014, 3:42 a.m.

Spent a few hrs clearing trails and fixing drainage saturday. walked up Hoots,giant killer,blood, down toad and bloggys with my son. lots of trees down. all removed. toad was the worst.must have been 10 trees blocking the way. as of saturday afternoon everything ridable. cleared some low trees on Dog shit trail for those that can actually pedal up that.

Jan. 14, 2014, 10:25 a.m.

Late to post,

Manditory, Phils and B-line are clear as of Sat AM, the morning after the storm.
We must have cleared about 5 trees off of each trail, nice that they were all movable by hand.

Jan. 14, 2014, 12:02 p.m.

Late to post,

Manditory, Phils and B-line are clear as of Sat AM, the morning after the storm.
We must have cleared about 5 trees off of each trail, nice that they were all movable by hand.

Phils?

www.FVMBA.com

Jan. 14, 2014, 12:47 p.m.

Phils?

John's ?

Whats the trail to the right of Tsuga that ends where Manditory ends?
I always forget…I think I will just start calling that trail "the trail that is some guys name"

Jan. 14, 2014, 1:35 p.m.

John's ?

Whats the trail to the right of Tsuga that ends where Manditory ends?
I always forget…I think I will just start calling that trail "the trail that is some guys name"

John's trail. Named after the builder.;)

www.FVMBA.com

Jan. 15, 2014, 9:08 a.m.

I always thought it was call "one angry man" named after the builder.

Jan. 19, 2014, 2:38 p.m.

went up for a ride on Cabin trail today. Talk to a lady that frequents the wood lot with her two dogs. She warned us that she has come across a cougar on two different occasions. both times were at the top of Dog shit trail.she said one of her dogs came out of the bushes with some fresh kill . looked like what was left of a small deer she said.

On a better note. Cabin trail and PBR are pretty clear. who ever is doing the work on PBR. Thanks. there was always an awkward section through some tight trees. nice job cleaning that up. I must say I looked pretty good through that section.:rocker: personal opinion of course:grinno:

Jan. 19, 2014, 5:26 p.m.

We need a BBQ at the top of Dog Shit hill.MMMMMM fresh Deer meat.

Jan. 19, 2014, 8:06 p.m.

Hmm
Perhaps I need to lay off the solo night rides, prob don't matter … Not like I'm gonna see a cougar leap on the back of my neck during the day either.

However , I am pretty experienced and been prey to the cougar before , cringe , more than once

Jan. 19, 2014, 11:10 p.m.

However , I am pretty experienced and been prey to the cougar before , cringe , more than once

I'd like to hear more about this.

I also find passing the thought of a cougar through my mind as I crank up the road makes me do so a whole lot faster. Even a night ride up to B-line physically exhausting when it's done in half the usual time.

Jan. 20, 2014, 9:17 a.m.

HA,
A Gentleman never tells….and besides you would have to have a flat tire for me to be able to climb and keep up, nevermind me actually being able to talk inbetween struggling for Oxy