Maple Ridge Woodlot 2014 Conditions

Jan. 1, 2014, 12:05 p.m.

Trees down? Too much snow? Trail hazards? Want to complain and be yelled at by someone:P? Post it here.

Things have been running very well so far this winter.

www.FVMBA.com

Jan. 1, 2014, 12:28 p.m.

Rode the Woodlot on the 31st and short of me crashing on the rock face on Johns trail the conditions were fantastic for this time of year. Not a hint of snow, dirt is tacky. Only some standing water on Bloggy.

Shed head!

Jan. 1, 2014, 12:57 p.m.

Logging is coming to areas adjacent to Woodlot 0007 in 2014.

Mission Forest is going to be logging areas south of the powerlines on the low side of the Trans Canada Trail. They are pushing for the fall, but timing will be dependant on lumber pricing. We have been advised the harvesting will not affect any mountain bike trail (other than the Trans Canada Trail of course).

The Trans Canada Trail will be upgraded as part of the access, including a new recreation bridge following completion of harvesting.

www.FVMBA.com

Jan. 1, 2014, 6:08 p.m.

Rode the Woodlot on the 31st and short of me crashing on the rock face on Johns trail the conditions were fantastic for this time of year. Not a hint of snow, dirt is tacky. Only some standing water on Bloggy.

Hack.

Jan. 3, 2014, 4:54 p.m.

Excellent conditions today, nice , sunny and bright. Barely any standing water on the trails.
The Spring has sprung once again on Manditory, but only in a small way (not as bad as before).
There is a tree down half way down on B-line right where you cross the planed log. A hand saw will do
Enjoy the weekend, lots more sun to follow.

Jan. 4, 2014, 2:19 p.m.

@Ryando - You promise I'll get yelled at? I can't go long without a good internet flogging about the Woodlot.

Conditions are pretty insane right now. Global warming?

We'll get to the spring! Some other updates coming too.

If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominos will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Jan. 6, 2014, 5:49 a.m.

several broken broken boards on the long bridge in the clearing on the lower section of Shotgun , they are in the last 40ft or so of the bridge

#northsidetrailbuilders

Jan. 6, 2014, 12:31 p.m.

Hey Ry, theres a tree on that 40 foot bridge on the way down from platinum. If your up there and keen to use your saw during the week have at it. Could be a week or so till Im up there again.

Super lucky the bridge wasnt taken out.

diggin

Jan. 6, 2014, 4:22 p.m.

Hey Ry, theres a tree on that 40 foot bridge on the way down from platinum. If your up there and keen to use your saw during the week have at it. Could be a week or so till Im up there again.

Super lucky the bridge wasnt taken out.

I'll take it out. The one on Stovetop between Platinum and H/J?

www.FVMBA.com

Jan. 6, 2014, 5:24 p.m.

Yo Ryando. There's a couple of trees down in the 40 foot section of trail at the lower end of Stovetop.

"It's, like, so much fun."

Jan. 6, 2014, 7:25 p.m.

Hey Ry, take up your sidearm too. Maybe you can shoot a 40 foot bald asshole?

diggin

Jan. 7, 2014, 10:51 a.m.

Hey Ry, take up your sidearm too.
Maybe you can shoot a 40 foot bald asshole?

I refuse to be the pointy end of your guys' strange and disturbing love triangle. Why don't you two do what you have always wanted, and go spend a night together in the cabin on Goldminer and do what comes natural. This frightening tryst may or may not involve: kangaroos, a broken rake, and a bed of spagnum moss.

www.FVMBA.com

Jan. 7, 2014, 5:06 p.m.

shitshow

Jan. 7, 2014, 6:55 p.m.

you guys are really dragging down the high standard that's been set for the woodlot.:fruit:

Jan. 7, 2014, 8:56 p.m.

I refuse to be the pointy end of your guys' strange and disturbing love triangle. Why don't you two do what you have always wanted, and go spend a night together in the cabin on Goldminer and do what comes natural. This frightening tryst may or may not involve: kangaroos, a broken rake, and a bed of spagnum moss.

Triangle? We dont wanna hear your weird fantasies bud. You got counsellors at work right.

diggin