Maple Ridge Woodlot 2013 Conditions

Jan. 28, 2013, 6 p.m.

Went for a quick ride this afternoon. Not broken into, although saw window glass and plenty of garbage along the ditch in the dead end. :(

Slushy snow on the road from the corner just before the exit bridge for mandatory. Couple CM at stovetop, giant killer and below were clear.

Check my stuff for sale!

Jan. 28, 2013, 8:14 p.m.

I think alot of us would like to wait in ambush for one of these low-life scumbags to break into a car [HTML_REMOVED] catch him in the act, but then what? We'd prolly like to kick his ass, but then you're in trouble. Maybe capture it on film [HTML_REMOVED] give it to the cops? Even then it'll be no time at all until the filth gets out of jail only to repeat. Unfortunate that law abiding people out for a good time in nature have to deal with break-ins. End of rant.

im sure someone that defended their vehicle/property with means of a little force wouldn't get in too much trouble. self defending my property ?? doesn't sound like a crime

I'm happy to get outside and enjoy nature while I can, but I fear for the future of humanity

Jan. 28, 2013, 10:51 p.m.

Any assault that isn't self defence is a crime. Unfortunately, the only way to stop a thief is to prevent their theft. Don't leave shit in your vehicle or hide it and leave compartments open to make it seem as though there is nothing inside. I parked up there Saturday but now I definitely won't be again. I was extremely hesitant to park in the parking lot and paranoid my entire ride. Glad I got lucky with no break in…. What time did they happen at?

If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominos will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Jan. 28, 2013, 11:07 p.m.

Any assault that isn't self defence is a crime. Unfortunately, the only way to stop a thief is to prevent their theft. Don't leave shit in your vehicle or hide it and leave compartments open to make it seem as though there is nothing inside. I parked up there Saturday but now I definitely won't be again. I was extremely hesitant to park in the parking lot and paranoid my entire ride. Glad I got lucky with no break in…. What time did they happen at?

Inbetween 11.45 and 12.45

diggin

Jan. 28, 2013, 11:53 p.m.

wake up, steal some shit, buy drugs. :fruit:

Check my stuff for sale!

Jan. 29, 2013, 7:30 a.m.

Any assault that isn't self defence is a crime. Unfortunately, the only way to stop a thief is to prevent their theft. Don't leave shit in your vehicle or hide it and leave compartments open to make it seem as though there is nothing inside.

i hear what you're saying, but 3yrs ago when my window got smashed and clothes were stolen, i had left my doors unlocked, and yet they STILL broke it. thieves are smrt yo

greg said he used to put a sign on his window saying that there were no valuables in his truck, and that it was open, and he never got vandalized. so maybe they can read.

Jan. 29, 2013, 8:19 a.m.

Just Curious, the cars getting "smashed and Grabbed"….are they equiped with alarms?

An alarm probably isnt the biggest deterent out there, but it must help to some degree.

Jan. 29, 2013, 7:23 p.m.

you could get cleaned out where you park as well truthfully , it,s shitty that it is happening again , it,s a cycle of life . when i was in Hammond i had my car cleaned out once or twice a yr with it parked in my driveway , they stole my plates of both my car and truck , they stole my van . the house i,m in now in Whonnock was cleaned out several times with the previous owners same with most of my neighbors . we have been lucky but then again i have several dogs .

#northsidetrailbuilders

Jan. 30, 2013, 9:01 p.m.

to sidetrack this thread completely.. where the hell is Whonnock ??

I'm happy to get outside and enjoy nature while I can, but I fear for the future of humanity

Jan. 30, 2013, 9:48 p.m.

Owning a vehicle is a risk in itself. FInancially among many other things. Common criminals are generally uneducated but they aren't dumb. I would never advise anyone to leave their vehicle unlocked. When thieves peer inside and see goodies they will go in whether theres a lock or not. A locked vehicle with no visible goodies is not worth the risk to them. There are of course those thieves that will smash in haste without looking but that is less likely as it's more risky. Like Ryan recommends you should contact the police. More reports equal more enforcement in that area. I deal with this kind of thing all day at my job too. Not to mention being the victim of theft on several occasions. It's bullshit but a reality and the only way to stop it is to prevent it before it happens.

Vandalism is malicious, theft is calculated. Don't leave shit in your car.

If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominos will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Jan. 30, 2013, 9:49 p.m.

Oh and Whonnock is just down the road from Woodlot. Like 272nd south of Dewdney? Google map Whonnock Lake. Nice little place in the summer.

Jan. 31, 2013, 6:06 p.m.

just saw on cbc news the bait car program is getting extended to not just theft of cars but items inside cars as well. right on rcmp , right on. maybe they'll put one in an area beneficial to us bikers, potentially hikers/walkers too

Jan. 31, 2013, 7:32 p.m.

They will put those cars in areas where the statistics show a high level of vehicle crime. Hence the reason to report it when it happens at biking parking spots.

Ps I used a sentence with hence.

www.FVMBA.com

Feb. 1, 2013, 8:44 a.m.

They will put those cars in areas where the statistics show a high level of vehicle crime. Hence the reason to report it when it happens at biking parking spots.

Ps I used a sentence with hence.

Got your grade 11 I see :)

Feb. 1, 2013, 11:40 a.m.

Night ride last nite, wet as wet can be…I swear I was paddling not pedalling at some points.

Most importantly…..cars where fine, no break ins