Maple Ridge Woodlot 2013 Conditions

Jan. 14, 2013, 9:37 a.m.

On the hike up I was chatting with an on-call Maple Ridge firefighter and there was a call to pack the dog off the hill that was later canceled. Saw a truck I guess from the power line construction go down the hill with a bunch of people in it.

Yes trails are frosty, getting a little powdery in some of the corners but tons of fun!

Check my stuff for sale!

Jan. 19, 2013, 8:37 p.m.

Rode Blood Donor, Giant Killer, Hekyl Jekyl, Bloggy Style, and Shotgun.

The main road to Blood Donor is muddy and snow free, and the spur up to Blood Donor has about 6". Once in the trees, Blood Donor is fast and dry. Giant Killer and Hekyl Kekyl are in good shape. So is Bloggy Style. Shotgun is good to the clearing. From the beginning of the clearing to the parking lot, Shotgun is mostly covered in ice. Still very rideable.

Overall, the conditions were some of the best I've ridden at Woodlot.

Jan. 20, 2013, 5:17 p.m.

the hill was amazing today the road up is greasy as hell in spots but the trails are in amazing conditions when compared to last Sunday .

#northsidetrailbuilders

Jan. 22, 2013, 4:20 p.m.

This past Sunday was a wicked day, close to 10 vehichles up there. Hiked up to Gold mine and that was a bit of a mistake, even getting to the trail was an adventure in itself, lots of snow. Finally I found it but riding down was pretty well hike-a-biking the first half. As soon as I hit the dirt ( somewhere close to the first bridge) it was worth the hike. Rode that into Snakes and Snakes was in great shape, no muddy sections or nothing. Awseome day and heading up tommorow for some more!

I'm happy to get outside and enjoy nature while I can, but I fear for the future of humanity

Jan. 24, 2013, 9:03 a.m.

Got up and out just before dark yesterday.
The pedal up is very slow and boggy and therefore extra taxing.
The trails are extra wet thanks to the frost heave melt combined with the rain…..too bad all the frozen peanut butter is gone

Jan. 24, 2013, 5:27 p.m.

hoping to hit the hill tomorrow late in the afternoon for a quick rip , i bet it,s gonna be mucky as hell with this warmer weather , last Sunday was so sweet condition wise , i guess we will be back to our regularly scheduled program , wet, mucky and wet and mucky LOL

#northsidetrailbuilders

Jan. 25, 2013, 4:01 p.m.

Love the slop! Born to slop. Father was a mudder. Mother was a mudder. You heard me.

Anyone wanna buy my mucky nutz fenders? I have two. $10 each if you meet me at the woodlot this weekend.

If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominos will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Jan. 25, 2013, 5:54 p.m.

^^^rear or front?

Jan. 25, 2013, 6:03 p.m.

Love the slop! Born to slop. Father was a mudder. Mother was a mudder. You heard me.

Anyone wanna buy my mucky nutz fenders? I have two. $10 each if you meet me at the woodlot this weekend.

what time ???

rode tonite did lower toad , bloggy and shotgun sweet conditions a little wetter but similar to last weekend , ran into BrotherLu and Bradical as i pulled in they where chatting after hitting the trails .

and Bradical sweet new ride my man enjoy

#northsidetrailbuilders

Jan. 25, 2013, 6:14 p.m.

Front short ones. Just like cheezits. I'll probably be in the parking lot by 10? I'll bring them on my ride too. will being doing mandatory in there somewhere. just look for the raw TR450!

If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominos will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Jan. 25, 2013, 6:23 p.m.

can,t make it either day at that time this weekend got work and family functions

#northsidetrailbuilders

Jan. 25, 2013, 8:06 p.m.

I'll keep them with me until I sell them. If you see me just ask!

Jan. 25, 2013, 9:32 p.m.

I'll keep them with me until I sell them. If you see me just ask!

cool , if your riding next Sunday let me know what time and i,ll try and meet you at the store i,m only a few minutes away on 272nd Saturdays are gonna be a right off for me for the next while lots of OT at work

Mikey

#northsidetrailbuilders

Jan. 25, 2013, 9:41 p.m.

cool , if your riding next Sunday let me know what time and i,ll try and meet you at the store i,m only a few minutes away on 272nd Saturdays are gonna be a right off for me for the next while lots of OT at work

Mikey

blog

diggin

Jan. 26, 2013, 10:29 p.m.

Did a lap again on snakes, awseome condition.

Woodlot has a perfect progression of trails. If your learning how to jump try snakes, once you got that move to johns and once your dialed there and brave enough move onto hekyl n jekyl and then onto platinum. My problem was thinking i could ride difficult jump trails cause i could clear everything on Aline, yea, not a chance.

I'm happy to get outside and enjoy nature while I can, but I fear for the future of humanity