Maple Ridge Woodlot 2013 Conditions

Feb. 1, 2013, 3:30 p.m.

Is ' the gate ' trail still in riding condition ??

I'm happy to get outside and enjoy nature while I can, but I fear for the future of humanity

Feb. 1, 2013, 4:05 p.m.

Is ' the gate ' trail still in riding condition ??

No. It was logged and destroyed.

www.FVMBA.com

Feb. 1, 2013, 5:07 p.m.

good conditions today , got there around 2:30ish , did Giant Killer , noticed some fresh dirt near the start , went and explored Heckle and Jeckle for the 1st time in 10yrs or so , alot different then my day LOL . did Bloggy , some work on there as well , and then Shotgun . good ride , chatted with BrotherLu in the parking lot for a bit , my ride again tomorrow mid afternoon if i don,t head to Bear .

#northsidetrailbuilders

Feb. 4, 2013, 12:58 p.m.

Went digging Saturday morning. Creating ditches and drains along trouble spots on Mandatory. Surprised to see how well the water is staying off the trail except in the one spot.

If anyone is riding it and wants to pile rocks by the "Y" bridge (double drop at the start of the playground) I am going to rock armor the landing on the one side. There's an underground spring there that pops up at random so it's my project over the next few visits.

Cleared some roots and added some rocks to the main drop landing area right by the top of the berm. Lots of new gold to come as well. Hooray for the end of winter!

If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominos will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Feb. 6, 2013, 10:33 a.m.

A reminder to everyone that February is auto cime enforcement month.

http://www.icbc.com/road-safety/safety-campaigns

If anything happens at the Woodlot report it to the police immediately. I'm getting sick of my favorite place to ride becoming thieves' personal shopping mall. Number 3, remove your valuables, is the most important thing to do so do it!

If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominos will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Feb. 6, 2013, 5:55 p.m.

No. It was logged and destroyed.

Seeing someone ride the diving board on The Gate was one of the more impressive things I've seen done on a bike.

Thread killer

Feb. 6, 2013, 6:58 p.m.

Seeing someone ride the diving board on The Gate was one of the more impressive things I've seen done on a bike.

was that drop roughly the same size as the road gap on Donor ?? i remember a big drop on the right side of the road just past tsuga when i road the lot back in the late 90s early 2000,s i seen carpenter Bill go off it and a couple other riders from that era .

#northsidetrailbuilders

Feb. 6, 2013, 9:29 p.m.

the end of mandatory caution had a 10ft drop off the stump that the left hip stepdown now goes off of thats probably what your thinkin of. The last thing on the gate was a high teeter to roll down. neither come close to the size of the BD roadgap.

Feb. 6, 2013, 11:53 p.m.

was that drop roughly the same size as the road gap on Donor ?? i remember a big drop on the right side of the road just past tsuga when i road the lot back in the late 90s early 2000,s i seen carpenter Bill go off it and a couple other riders from that era .

The Gate stunt wasn't huge but it was scary. Slippery, split log to teeter to steep downramp with slick rung spaced about a foot apart. If my memory is correct it was probably about 12 feet up? Thank god there was a tiny, skinny super-slippery bail out drop to flat line if you got scared before the teeter! Never saw anyone attempt it.

www.FVMBA.com

Feb. 7, 2013, 7:11 a.m.

R.I.P. The Gate.:crybaby:I had good times on that trail.When John finished his line,that was a fun way down half the mountain.

Feb. 7, 2013, 4:41 p.m.

R.I.P. The Gate.:crybaby:I had good times on that trail.When John finished his line,that was a fun way down half the mountain.

how about re open a line through the clear cut? id be in on that

Feb. 7, 2013, 4:45 p.m.

The Gate stunt wasn't huge but it was scary. Slippery, split log to teeter to steep downramp with slick rung spaced about a foot apart. If my memory is correct it was probably about 12 feet up? Thank god there was a tiny, skinny super-slippery bail out drop to flat line if you got scared before the teeter! Never saw anyone attempt it.

that could be the one i,m thinking of , i know there was a big stunt on that side of the hill many many yrs back , did it come out onto a old skid road similar to stovetop ??

any oltimers got any video or images from the gate trail ??

#northsidetrailbuilders

Feb. 7, 2013, 4:46 p.m.

how about re open a line through the clear cut? id be in on that

X2

#northsidetrailbuilders

Feb. 7, 2013, 6:33 p.m.

There are some pictures of The Gate on Gutsploder.net From what I recall, that big stunt near the end wasn't a teeter, it was a diving board.

Thread killer

Feb. 7, 2013, 6:42 p.m.

You guys can re-open The Gate if you wish. Please contact Dean or I to get the GPS track of the line. Be forwarned the machines did a huge amount of damage there.

When the logging operation starts up again I will see if we can get the company to head over and clear that line.

www.FVMBA.com