Maple Ridge Woodlot 2013 Conditions

Jan. 27, 2013, 10:25 a.m.

Did a lap again on snakes, awseome condition.

Woodlot has a perfect progression of trails. If your learning how to jump try snakes, once you got that move to johns and once your dialed there and brave enough move onto hekyl n jekyl and then onto platinum. My problem was thinking i could ride difficult jump trails cause i could clear everything on Aline, yea, not a chance.

Are you thinking of Mandatory Caution with all the stunts that runs beside John's Trail? John's Trail seems like a big step up from Snakes N' Ladders.

Jan. 27, 2013, 5:31 p.m.

Suckage at the LOT.Cracky's breakin glass again.My buddy chris had his p-side window broken today,so they can steel a shitty change of clothes.KILL all zombies:rawr:

Jan. 27, 2013, 6:06 p.m.

Suckage at the LOT.Cracky's breakin glass again.My buddy chris had his p-side window broken today,so they can steel a shitty change of clothes.KILL all zombies:rawr:

WHAT that sucks! repeat of what happened to me 3 years ago, they took clothes and beer.

glad we missed it - saw your truck (we were the grey gmc). got fresh tracks on tseuga, and can confirm that the last ladder on snakes is still VERY SLIPPERY. i took the ht today, so much fun on a little bike!

Jan. 27, 2013, 6:15 p.m.

Are you thinking of Mandatory Caution with all the stunts that runs beside John's Trail? John's Trail seems like a big step up from Snakes N' Ladders.

ya that,s my thought , John,s is a big step up stunt wise , there,s the 10ft drop and the big gap jump at the bottom .

and shitty to hear there,s BS going on again in the parking lot sounds like someone needs a tune-up the will never forget

#northsidetrailbuilders

Jan. 27, 2013, 7:36 p.m.

I thought johns had the playground area , drops side by side with wooden transitions ? I guess the bottom hits of that trail would be the area to practice on in progression of snakes. Don't even know where mandatory is ; must be same entrance ?? I Go strictly off gutsploder

I'm happy to get outside and enjoy nature while I can, but I fear for the future of humanity

Jan. 27, 2013, 9:32 p.m.

I thought johns had the playground area , drops side by side with wooden transitions ? I guess the bottom hits of that trail would be the area to practice on in progression of snakes. Don't even know where mandatory is ; must be same entrance ?? I Go strictly off gutsploder

The "Play Ground" area is all Brody and Craig. It's the end of their trail Caution Mandatory. The entrance to it was logged but you can still hike across the clear-cut and hit the trail.

John's is mostly steeps and a couple bigger step-downs that starts near Tsuga.

Jan. 27, 2013, 10:20 p.m.

Johns ends on your left as you do the last gap jump in the playground area , it also starts off the 1st road on the right before the powerlines

Mandatory Caution starts just behind the pullout area with the portajohn just to the right of the road that takes you to Upper Toad and Blood Donar .

#northsidetrailbuilders

Jan. 27, 2013, 10:44 p.m.

Think ive told you before you suck at maps.

diggin

Jan. 27, 2013, 10:50 p.m.

What my break in doesnt get a mention?

diggin

Jan. 28, 2013, 7:07 a.m.

^^^^Oh yeah,the ozz's van may have been broken into,but the windows are fine,the door locks are fine,and he's got so much shit in it,he's not sure if anything is missing:S

Jan. 28, 2013, 9:19 a.m.

Do these breakins also happen at the other entrance over on Dewdney….
I may start parking there,

(I really wish I had the time to set up an ambush)

Jan. 28, 2013, 9:46 a.m.

Do these breakins also happen at the other entrance over on Dewdney….
I may start parking there,

(I really wish I had the time to set up an ambush)

You may be a bit safer parking on Dewdney but you never know.

The TFA's happen every few months, consistent with guys being in and out of the correctional system. They seem to occur all over Maple Ridge and Mission at trailheads for biking and hiking spots.

I was hiking around Hayward Lake a few months ago and every single car in that lot was broken into. I talked to a friend from the Ridge Meadows RCMP and he said they are getting hit particularly hard right now and they are trying to identify suspects.

Sorry to repeat myself; if you see any suspicious dudes or cars around these spots, call the police (911). If your car has been broken into, call the police (non emergency line).

Police react to stats, and if there is a spike in a certain crime in a certain area, they will respond.

www.FVMBA.com

Jan. 28, 2013, 1:38 p.m.

rcmp should should put a bait car in the parking lot , if they're still using 'em , never hear about them anymore.

I'm happy to get outside and enjoy nature while I can, but I fear for the future of humanity

Jan. 28, 2013, 1:48 p.m.

Risky area to park but a great place to buy copper pipes in cut lengths if you're looking.

Jan. 28, 2013, 4:16 p.m.

I think alot of us would like to wait in ambush for one of these low-life scumbags to break into a car [HTML_REMOVED] catch him in the act, but then what? We'd prolly like to kick his ass, but then you're in trouble. Maybe capture it on film [HTML_REMOVED] give it to the cops? Even then it'll be no time at all until the filth gets out of jail only to repeat. Unfortunate that law abiding people out for a good time in nature have to deal with break-ins. End of rant.

Thread killer