Maple Ridge Woodlot 2013 Conditions

Aug. 31, 2013, 6:34 p.m.

No abuse that I saw,just Moto Cunts. I saw them riding west down Dewdney,2ish,too bad no cops,but they were all busy with the fatal east of 240th and lougheed.

Aug. 31, 2013, 7:20 p.m.

I don't think it was a fatal, Prokop is in surgery right now according to the news…

Aug. 31, 2013, 8:03 p.m.

No abuse that I saw,just Moto Cunts. I saw them riding west down Dewdney,2ish,too bad no cops,but they were all busy with the fatal east of 240th and lougheed.

wish i could say the same for the Bypass trail across the road from the pond on Red Mtn i rode up it today going to Big Red and a quad had been up it

#northsidetrailbuilders

Sept. 20, 2013, 5:59 p.m.

Who is responsible for the lame shit on bloggy and shotgun, pretty soon there wont be a root in sight and its gonna turn to shit once the rain comes. Why does someone/s keep removing roots and rocks (Lame)

Woodlot is dear to me, but its turning into poo-poo

Whomever is responsible should put the mtn bikes aside (retire) and get a cruiser bike and go ride the seawall…its root free

Hoping someone can explain this to me and others who share the same concern…. i hope there are some big plans, other than whats currently going on.

Sept. 20, 2013, 7:08 p.m.

I guess the people removing the roots don't realize that they are what holds the trail [HTML_REMOVED] dirt together. Of course they wanna tackle the lowest trail on the mountain. Hiking up [HTML_REMOVED] working on a higher trail would require too much effort.

Thread killer

Sept. 20, 2013, 9:09 p.m.

Don't worry, just need more rain to do some trailwork to fix what has been going on. I took a look in a few of my dirtholes today and it is all unusable yellow powder an inch below the surface.

www.FVMBA.com

Sept. 20, 2013, 10:01 p.m.

speaking of it i rode the other nite and it looked liked someone was starting to mod the lip on the last drop by the stump as you leave the trees and cross into the clear cut

#northsidetrailbuilders

Sept. 20, 2013, 10:09 p.m.

speaking of it i rode the other nite and it looked liked someone was starting to mod the lip on the last drop by the stump as you leave the trees and cross into the clear cut

No mod, just rotting and in need of a rebuild.

www.FVMBA.com

Sept. 26, 2013, 9:41 a.m.

Its too bad we didnt dont know who is doing these mods to Bloggy and Shotgun…it would be great to chat with them and get them involved in the big picture….have them use thier efforts properly

Sept. 26, 2013, 6:27 p.m.

What's the big picture?

Sept. 26, 2013, 8:02 p.m.

What's the big picture?

Ha , not sure myself but basically a mindset in which you have Woodlots best interest in mind.

Sept. 26, 2013, 8:22 p.m.

ya with winter on its way and nite riding my only option during the week with my new job i would like to be riding trails i know , not ones i think i know but have been changed since my last ride , from what i have noticed whom ever is doing the secret squirrel trail work is doing it during the week . i have ridden on a Monday nite and again on Wednesday and someone has removed stuff and made changes

#northsidetrailbuilders

Sept. 27, 2013, 9:01 a.m.

ya with winter on its way and nite riding my only option during the week with my new job i would like to be riding trails i know , not ones i think i know but have been changed since my last ride , from what i have noticed whom ever is doing the secret squirrel trail work is doing it during the week . i have ridden on a Monday nite and again on Wednesday and someone has removed stuff and made changes

Which is all good if it was the work (or comparable) of the fine folks already tending to the Woodlot, however it doesnt appear that it is the work of the current crew . The Crew I refer to are the ones who care for B-line, H[HTML_REMOVED]J, Giant Killer etc.

Oct. 2, 2013, 1:15 p.m.

Which is all good if it was the work (or comparable) of the fine folks already tending to the Woodlot, however it doesnt appear that it is the work of the current crew . The Crew I refer to are the ones who care for B-line, H[HTML_REMOVED]J, Giant Killer etc.

I'm hoping Mandatory is included in your "etc." I haven't been to Woodlot in months and rest assured that neither Cratagus nor I would rip out roots or rocks that hold the trail together. Some armoring was completed on Shotgun in the Spring and still remains (hopefully to the satisfaction of all users) but if anyone has questions or concerns they can PM me.

If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominos will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Oct. 3, 2013, 8:39 p.m.

I'm hoping Mandatory is included in your "etc." I haven't been to Woodlot in months and rest assured that neither Cratagus nor I would rip out roots or rocks that hold the trail together. Some armoring was completed on Shotgun in the Spring and still remains (hopefully to the satisfaction of all users) but if anyone has questions or concerns they can PM me.

Yah sorry guys….. Your work should have been mentioned above, Everyone likes your trail and work …. I ride them often and your work is holding up well .

On another note there is a tree down on Upper Shotgun second to last corner. A fold up saw would be perfect to cut and remove as it's the tip of the tree, perhaps 3" diameter . I Nearly played Joist with it earlier today.

Heads up…..