Maple Ridge Woodlot (2012)

July 15, 2012, 7:33 p.m.

I walked the first couple hundred feet, looks super fast and flowy, maybe you could ride it then ride to rolley lake area?

July 15, 2012, 7:48 p.m.

i rode it back in april. it's really fun - no stunts, you lose a lot of vert - but it shoots you out to where the towers are waaaaaay below where you would cross if you were on goldmine/cabin. buddy couldn't find a connecting trail across the hydro cut, so we hiked all the way back up to goldmine/cabin. do.not.recommend.

i would ride it again if i knew where the connecting trailhead is and where it comes out.

Rode it today for the first time. Good trail but the debate was on as to whether it was worth missing everything else to ride it. The connecting trail is up the road about 100ft on the left. It's a loooong traverse that spits you out @ the bottom of Snakes. Not good in the wet for sure. The traverse is very boggy when damp.

July 15, 2012, 7:56 p.m.

Is the trail long enough to justify the long traverse?

July 16, 2012, 2:29 p.m.

The end/exit of that trail (unofficially named Blue Ribbon) is the Trans-Canada trail. You're better off sticking to Goldmine so that you can run into Snakes or for a shorter hike back up. It's a fun trail though and worth trying once.

If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominos will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

July 16, 2012, 4:17 p.m.

Nicely timed question. I was about to ask about that very trail :cool:
Definitely look fun but I don't know the area too well and was hesitant to wander down it.

July 16, 2012, 4:46 p.m.

I usually head over to ride after work once a week, and usually just run Tsuga, Snakes, Bloggy Style and then Shotgun.

We deviated from that a while back and ran Crazy Carpenter and I think Toadstool. We were so used to Snakes etc that we found that route not as flowy, and we had to get off the bikes a few times for bits we weren't comfortable with. Keep in mind, that was June, 2010, so I odn't know if the trails there have changed.

Anyway…

Suggested alternate route to Snakes etc? We prefer to stay on the bike and generally wheels on the ground as much as possible.

July 16, 2012, 5:27 p.m.

I usually head over to ride after work once a week, and usually just run Tsuga, Snakes, Bloggy Style and then Shotgun.

We deviated from that a while back and ran Crazy Carpenter and I think Toadstool. We were so used to Snakes etc that we found that route not as flowy, and we had to get off the bikes a few times for bits we weren't comfortable with. Keep in mind, that was June, 2010, so I odn't know if the trails there have changed.

Anyway…

Suggested alternate route to Snakes etc? We prefer to stay on the bike and generally wheels on the ground as much as possible.

Are you are comfortable with steeper terrain?

July 16, 2012, 9:01 p.m.

The end/exit of that trail (unofficially named Blue Ribbon) is the Trans-Canada trail. You're better off sticking to Goldmine so that you can run into Snakes or for a shorter hike back up. It's a fun trail though and worth trying once.

Concerning that part of the mountain…does anyone ever ride "The Gate" anymore? Never hear that trail mentioned. Maybe it's in a state of disrepair?

Thread killer

July 16, 2012, 9:15 p.m.

Are you are comfortable with steeper terrain?

Some, but for example, Tsuga has an optional rock face, or ride-around. i do the ride-around.

Concerning that part of the mountain…does anyone ever ride "The Gate" anymore? Never hear that trail mentioned. Maybe it's in a state of disrepair?

Clearcut.

July 16, 2012, 11:07 p.m.

I was a huge fan of that trail, but alas, it's now a clearcut

The skinnies were awesome

https://vimeo.com/23446986

That was actually May 2011, despite what the title says…

July 17, 2012, 9:21 a.m.

Never did end up doing the massive diving board near the end of the trail. I guess it's all moot now.

Thread killer

July 20, 2012, 11:48 p.m.

Never did end up doing the massive diving board near the end of the trail. I guess it's all moot now.

"It will be there next time"

July 22, 2012, 10:26 a.m.

Giant tree down near the top of Bloggy. Will need a big chainsaw to get it off the trail.

If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominos will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

July 22, 2012, 5:23 p.m.

I will text Dean and see if he can bring his weed eater for that one:grinno:Thanks Dean.

July 23, 2012, 9:57 a.m.

I will text Dean and see if he can bring his weed eater for that one:grinno:Thanks Dean.

Hey i got an idea, take your saw up there today and get er done. Trees not that big.

diggin