Manning Park trail conditions 2015

Feb. 1, 2015, 3:36 p.m.

Smilkameen trail in good shape, hard packed with probably about a dozen trees down.

Windy Joe trail in good shape, hard packed and a little icy down low, softer snow up top. Probably about 2 dozen trees down.

One of the resort staff told us that they had a wind storm that took down a bunch of trees a couple of weeks ago (same time that Chilliwack and Hope had the freezing rain).

Edit: If you go and have the time, a medium size hand saw could take out some of the blowdown, but most will take a chainsaw.

And yes, mountain biking is allowed on some of the trails in Manning.
http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/bcparks/explore/parkpgs/ecmanning/#Cycling

July 18, 2015, 6:30 p.m.

Going to a wedding at Manning in August and debating taking the bike.

I'll probably only be able to sneak away for 2-3 hours tops at a time because of the kids, any rides worthwhile in this timeframe? We are staying at a cabin in the resort so something reasonably close to maximize ride time is important.

July 20, 2015, 9:10 a.m.

Only one we've done is West Similkameen to Windy Joe, both summer [HTML_REMOVED] winter.
W. Similkameen is single track but Windy Joe is an old access road to a fire look out.
Nice views from up there, and a fun descent.

Not sure about the other legal trails, research would be required:
http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/bcparks/explore/parkpgs/ecmanning/#Cycling

July 20, 2015, 8:30 p.m.

Thanks. I've started digging into the government website. I'll probably bring it along and try do a bit of exploring. Worst case is a fast run down an access road!

July 21, 2015, 9:04 a.m.

Worst case is a fast run down an access road!

I don't think anyone has driven that road in a very long time, I think the bridge over the river is out.

It is turning into a double track with mostly hiker use.

Some winter pics of W. Similkameen [HTML_REMOVED] Windy Joe here:
http://www.themountainbikelife.com/2015/02/when-life-hands-you-pineapples-make-pina-coladas.html

I don't think our summer riding pics are posted anywhere.

July 22, 2015, 10:44 a.m.

Thanks for the link to your site. Going to spend some time looking.

July 22, 2015, 10:48 a.m.

Thanks for the link to your site. Going to spend some time looking.

That is actually Mudpuppy's site, InaCycle writes for the site.

July 22, 2015, 3:25 p.m.

Looks to me like the icon for the South Gibson trail is actually on Skyline?
I've run this trail a few times but never seen anyone riding it. Would be spectacular ride as the views are amazing.

July 22, 2015, 10:58 p.m.

Looks to me like the icon for the South Gibson trail is actually on Skyline?
I've run this trail a few times but never seen anyone riding it. Would be spectacular ride as the views are amazing.

List of legal cycling trails at the link above.

"Cycling
Mountain bikers are asked to yield to hikers and horses. Mountain bikes are permitted on roadways and the following backcountry trails: Monument 83; Windy Joe; Poland Lake; East Similkameen [PDF 460KB]; West Similkameen [PDF 460KB]; Lone Duck; North Gibson and South Gibson [PDF 460KB]. Bicycle helmets are mandatory in British Columbia."