Galbraith conditions

Jan. 24, 2009, 11:32 p.m.

For those of you looking to get your XC on. Galbraith is in excellent condition. Wonderland is covered in snow though. Everything else we rode was dry. Beware of the Customs agents, they may send you back if there is to much dirt on the bike. Wash em before you hit the border.

Master of Puppets

Jan. 29, 2009, 11:27 a.m.

What side of Galbraith is Wonderland on? The Electric Avenue side? (Miranda trail…)

Jan. 29, 2009, 12:25 p.m.

Its not on a side. It starts at the towers. It would be a little quicker to get to it from the south (padden).

Chainsmoker 8)

Jan. 30, 2009, 7:45 a.m.

Wonderland is part of the loop I do. I start on the Whatcome park side. To many good trails starting and ending to not start on the Whatcome side. Nice climb up the Ridge and fun exit down Bobs. The local club WHIMPS does a lot of work on the trails in the winter months. They are also have busy building new trails. There are very good maps of the area. Fairhaven cycle has a good supply of maps and you can order maps on line.

Master of Puppets

Jan. 30, 2009, 10:15 a.m.

Rode G Mtn last Sunday and it was awesome - cold as heck, but sweeeet XC and trails in perfect condition (although frozen…maybe be a bit muddy with warmer temps) :) Picked up a map at Fanatik Bike Co. in Bellingham (exit before Whatcom Falls Park exit) - $8. They open at 10 am on Sundays. SST is in great shape - make sure you include it on one or more of your loops.

Jan. 30, 2009, 10:41 a.m.

Picked up a map at Fanatik Bike Co. in Bellingham (exit before Whatcom Falls Park exit) - $8. They open at 10 am on Sundays.

Happy to hear this. They were out of maps last time we were there.

Thx.

Location and hours:
http://fanatikbike.com/page.cfm?PageID=12

Feb. 1, 2009, 9:22 a.m.

As of yesterday (Saturday) there was still some snow in pockets and higher elevations - guessing that Wonderland is still snowed in. Lots of thin slimey mud on the trails, but still super fun to ride; and none of the gnarly deep puddles that Galbraith is known for in the winter months.

Feb. 7, 2009, 3:02 p.m.

galbraith was perfect thursday - no snow at all, real tacky.

Feb. 10, 2009, 10:59 p.m.

For those of you looking to get your XC on. Galbraith is in excellent condition. Wonderland is covered in snow though. Everything else we rode was dry. Beware of the Customs agents, they may send you back if there is to much dirt on the bike. Wash em before you hit the border.

Seriously?

Feb. 11, 2009, 10:52 a.m.

Seriously?

yes, we always stop and rinse off as much mud as possible before crossing. They're worried about agricultural disease type stuff.

Feb. 11, 2009, 11:46 a.m.

rode galbraith again this past sunday, and the conditions were great. still a few very small pockets of snow on the higher elevations (naughty nellie), and a little surface mud in areas, but other than that dry fast and fun

as far as rinsing off your bikes, there is a dog grooming shop on the right side of King St as you head towards the entrance to #5 that has a hose outside and they are closed on the weekends….

Feb. 11, 2009, 1:02 p.m.

I have ridden the past 4 Saturdays at Galbraith, trails are getting better every week. You know the Shore riders are getting desperate to ride when you see herds of DH bikes from Vancouver doing laps at Galbraith.

As for washing the bikes, Timmigrant and Enns were sent back to wash there bikes a couple of weeks ago. Yes you read that right, Tim was out on a XC ride and from what I here he liked it. Spandex is in his future.

Master of Puppets

Feb. 20, 2009, 10:47 a.m.

Ya timmy is that way….

He fights the skinsuit but loves the skin suit….notice his tight new john henry jersey he was sporting toward the end of last season…

He is in training for DH Masters…yup, fat old guy racing where the trash talk is good and the winner buys beer!

Blogging - Never before have so many people with so little to say said so much to so few.

March 9, 2009, 12:31 p.m.

Rode Galby on Sunday. Snowy but very rideable. The higher you are the firmer the trails are, it's muuuddy down low though (aka best avoided.) Props to the dedicated local group who maintain the area.

March 11, 2009, 3:22 p.m.

As for washing the bikes, Timmigrant and Enns were sent back to wash there bikes a couple of weeks ago. Yes you read that right, Tim was out on a XC ride and from what I here he liked it. Spandex is in his future.

Filthy liar! It was an all-mountain ride, I promise. Besides I was tricked, Brian Brittain told me there was a chair lift. Regardless it's hardly an XC ride when you're sending gap jumps, hitting up step downs and roosting berms. The trails there are pretty fun, hard to argue with trails called "The Shit" and "Pump Track".

Biking: As addictive as cocaine, twice as expensive!

:safrica: - :canada: