Fromme/Seymour conditions

April 9, 2009, 10:46 p.m.

so I'm thinking of throwing a bike on the car when I head down to the lower mainland this weekend.

Which mountain has better conditions? kind of sounds like Seymour has more riding right now?

thanks for the heads up.

Most of Seymour is in good shape right now, unfortunately we're over on the island in French Creek for the weekend or I'd ride with you.

April 9, 2009, 10:56 p.m.

Most of Seymour is in good shape right now, unfortunately we're over on the island in French Creek for the weekend or I'd ride with you.

Next time, for the woodlot tour. :)

River City Cycle Club - www.rivercitycycle.ca

Comox Valley Mountain Biking - www.cvmtb.com

April 10, 2009, 9:33 a.m.

Tom, like Jerry's been saying either, cypress or seymour are better options right now. nothing is really 100% open on fromme above the 2nd switchback.

also for Fromme, i heard that the trail gnomes have cleared all the blowdown below the first switchback.

April 11, 2009, midnight

Tom, like Jerry's been saying either, cypress or seymour are better options right now. nothing is really 100% open on fromme above the 2nd switchback.

also for Fromme, i heard that the trail gnomes have cleared all the blowdown below the first switchback.

Only had to walk a bit down Ladys Only. Not a bad walk snow is firm but melting slow, very little run off. Going to need some really hot weather to melt that snow pack above that.

Thanks for the new small log ride on Natural high….its cool.

April 11, 2009, 11:19 a.m.

Thanks for the new small log ride on Natural high….its cool.

?? not done any work on NH for a while, where is the log ride? Maybe I need to take a walk up there today.

Please let me demonstrate the ride around; really it's no trouble.

April 11, 2009, 11:28 a.m.

Took the new xc bike out for a rip on Sunday from Dempsy/Braemar up to Baden, across and rode the stairs of dispair(kind of freaky after not being on my bike since october) down to gate, natural high, headwaters, figure 8 (30 foot section of snow), fishermans, to bridal path(awesome!), old buck to Pangor(awesome just a little water flowing down the middle at the top), bridal path to twin bridges to headwaters and home. Everything is awesome and smooth.

I can follow that route onto Fishermans but get lost after that. How do you get from Fisherman's/Twin Bridges to the Bridal Path?, Anyone?

April 11, 2009, 1:24 p.m.

Cross Twin Bridges onto the east side of Seymour River. Ride south a few hundred metres until you come to a signpost where Bridal dumps out.

Along the way, you will first pass by where Bottle Top drops out, go on a small bridge (over Mystery Creek, I believe), and pass by a signpost where the switchbacks from the power lines drops out. So it will be the second signpost, not the first.

As an FYI, Twin Bridges is being replaced (this summer?), and there will be a period of about 3 to 4 weeks where you will not be able to cross it.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

April 11, 2009, 5:58 p.m.

?? not done any work on NH for a while, where is the log ride? Maybe I need to take a walk up there today.

Oh?…maybe its last season but looks like fresh cut. Its toward the bottom before the trail traverses right out to road.

April 12, 2009, 1:39 a.m.

Oh?…maybe its last season but looks like fresh cut. Its toward the bottom before the trail traverses right out to road.

Ahh ok, that's at the bottom of the griffin switchbacks. Not something we would have built, certainly not that way or that location.

April 12, 2009, 4:44 p.m.

had an awesome ride on Fromme today!
okay so it was a bit wet/rainy… but pipeline only required a few minutes of hiking through the snow, and floppy bunny / bobsled + natural high laps were fast and fun.
wonder how long it's going to be til 7th clears out though? june? haha

April 13, 2009, 6:03 p.m.

Rode fromme for the 2nd time since the change of the Millenia today and it was a pretty sweet ride. Did Pipeline to the BP and then somehow missed all the trails on the south side of the BP and ended up back at Mtn Hwy - but then we got to rip down Natural High and that made up for it.

Still lots of snow on the side of the road up at the entrance to Pipeline but you only have to make it down about 150ft or so before the bridge with the teeter-totter and it's clear from there on out.

April 14, 2009, 9:10 a.m.

had an awesome ride on Fromme today!
okay so it was a bit wet/rainy… but pipeline only required a few minutes of hiking through the snow, and floppy bunny / bobsled + natural high laps were fast and fun.
wonder how long it's going to be til 7th clears out though? june? haha

Where are those trails? I have the NSMBA pdf map of Fromme and I don't see them anywhere… That said it looks lke there are a couple of trails on the map that don't have numbers or names…

April 14, 2009, 11:22 a.m.

Where are those trails? I have the NSMBA pdf map of Fromme and I don't see them anywhere… That said it looks lke there are a couple of trails on the map that don't have numbers or names…

The two unnamed blue runs after the first switchback are FB and BS.

April 14, 2009, 1:53 p.m.

The two unnamed blue runs after the first switchback are FB and BS.

Thank you… What's the red trail that runs basically from the 3rd to 1st switchback? (on the map I have it is south of and pretty much parallel to #16: Crinkum Crankum)

Also, are the trails running south from the BP marked? (such as #17: Quarry Court, #33: Skull, #30b: Ladies Only) Somehow I think I missed them all yesterday (I didn't have the map with me), and I ended up riding the BP almost to Mtn Hwy. I cut right close to the end and came out at that little drop just above the lower gate - the one the unicyclist did in NSX II or III I believe… :rocker:

April 14, 2009, 2:23 p.m.

What's the red trail that runs basically from the 3rd to 1st switchback? (on the map I have it is south of and pretty much parallel to #16: Crinkum Crankum)

Not sure if that exists any more. Someone else with more history can likely chime in here.

Also, are the trails running south from the BP marked? (such as #17: Quarry Court, #33: Skull, #30b: Ladies Only) Somehow I think I missed them all yesterday (I didn't have the map with me), and I ended up riding the BP almost to Mtn Hwy.

None are marked. Lower Ladies is difficult to find without luck or a local.

I cut right close to the end and came out at that little drop just above the lower gate - the one the unicyclist did in NSX II or III I believe… :rocker:

Sounds like the Crater Drop. Hit it!!!