Fromme/Seymour conditions

March 28, 2009, 8:15 p.m.

Took a look @ Fromme today. My buddy and I hiked up Espresso and rode down Pipeline. Espresso only has one significant blowdown (a fallen tree right at the beginning of the skinny just before the big rock face). The snowline is about half way down the trail. Way too much snow to ride, and frankly, it was a pretty brutal hike.

Pipeline has some brutal blowdown (at least 4 major), including a tree across the rock roller coaster and at the end of the zigzag ladder. Big tools will be required to clear these. The snowline is just above the rock roller, but much of the trail above that is still rideable. The teeter appears to have taken some damage. It now rests the wrong way (i think there was a weight that has now fallen off).

There's also a tree down on the baden powell between pipeline and espresso.

everything was pretty slick, as it was snowing, but we were happy to get up to our favorite mountain. If anybody's planning on heading up to remove the trees, I'd love to help. I'm not handy and I don't have any tools, but I'd be glad to help move the fallen trees, as they're all pretty big.

There's no place like fromme

March 29, 2009, 3:13 p.m.

Just rode/hiked down Crinkum today. It was a great adventure, but not much of a ride. Much snow on the road from above 3rd switchback to 5th and all the way down Crinkem to Cedar Trail. 6+ blowdowns, some of them large diameter. Gonna need a long bar on the chainsaw to get through some of them. It had some drainage issues over the winter not far from the 3rd switchback.

The riding was okay on Griffen. A hand saw will get you through the couple of small blowdowns.

March 30, 2009, 9:13 a.m.

Pipeline has some brutal blowdown (at least 4 major), including a tree across the rock roller coaster and at the end of the zigzag ladder. Big tools will be required to clear these. The snowline is just above the rock roller, but much of the trail above that is still rideable. The teeter appears to have taken some damage. It now rests the wrong way (i think there was a weight that has now fallen off).

Pipeline is now clear of all the blow down.

March 30, 2009, 4:16 p.m.

Whats the road like up Fromme? Thanks.

March 30, 2009, 7:41 p.m.

seymor was smooth as butter when i rode it yesterday. there was just a dusting of snow at the start of corkscrew and after about 100 feet or so it was all smooth and snow free, have fun riding every one, im hoping to be up there next weekend again.

March 30, 2009, 7:51 p.m.

Whats the road like up Fromme? Thanks.

A fair bit of snow from the 5th Switchback.

"I do like how you generally bring an open-minded and positive vibe to the threads you participate in"

- Morgman

March 30, 2009, 7:56 p.m.

seymour was quite dry this morning before the rains, but
I dont know about after. Just the usual puddles in the usual spots.

wow, M&M, you're a fucking dick!

don't be so politically correct, this is stacy kohut, not fucking rick hansen your talkin too……..

March 31, 2009, 12:46 p.m.

How high can you climb up the road on Fromme? (which switchback?)

April 1, 2009, 1:23 p.m.

^^^ you'd probably be pushing not far after the 1st, depending on how hard frozen the snow is

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40

April 1, 2009, 2:09 p.m.

^^^ you'd probably be pushing not far after the 1st, depending on how hard frozen the snow is

Yep. Could be even worse after today. Best bet to ride fromme is to ride up dempsey/braemar and ride/push up the trail you wanna ride down.

April 1, 2009, 3:26 p.m.

Yep. Could be even worse after today. Best bet to ride fromme is to ride up dempsey/braemar and ride/push up the trail you wanna ride down.

Rode yesterday. Plow has been up the road. Pedalled to Pipeline without getting off the bike. Looks a little harder to pedal in the plow's tracks after that. It looks like it's the water pipeline company that is doing the plowing.

April 1, 2009, 3:28 p.m.

Rode yesterday. Plow has been up the road. Pedalled to Pipeline without getting off the bike. Looks a little harder to pedal in the plow's tracks after that. It looks like it's the water pipeline company that is doing the plowing.

Woo! Great info!

April 1, 2009, 5:42 p.m.

has anyone ridden Ladies Only???

April 3, 2009, 5:01 p.m.

Plow has been up the road. Pedalled to Pipeline without getting off the bike.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Oh wait, you're a bastard! I just noticed the date! I hope you're serious… but probably not. :(

April 3, 2009, 5:02 p.m.

also, has anyone been down Bottletop recently? I am wondering if the blowdown is still bad