Fromme conditions?

Nov. 30, 2009, 8:19 a.m.

You have to love the warm weather. This time last year give or take a week Fromme was under a shit load of snow.

Sure is a nice change. Reminds me of the winter of 2004.

Nov. 30, 2009, 10:50 a.m.

Rode Pipeline and the Dempsey, had to be quick today because of the time we started (3:30), it get's so dark so early. Both trails are in good condition and fun to ride.

You must have needed your spidey senses riding @ that time. I started @ 2:30 and w/ the fog bank ~ the 4th switchback Pipeline was getting dark even then. I got home ~3:45 and the night motion detector light beside my place even came on!!

Nov. 30, 2009, 3:20 p.m.

You must have needed your spidey senses riding @ that time. I started @ 2:30 and w/ the fog bank ~ the 4th switchback Pipeline was getting dark even then. I got home ~3:45 and the night motion detector light beside my place even came on!!

Yeah it was pretty surreal, won't make a practice of it but I wanted to ride with my buddy and he had stuff to do so that was the soonest we could get up there. It was fun, not too scary but we know the trail very well so it was not too bad to ride.

Shed head!

Nov. 30, 2009, 4:08 p.m.

I was hiking corkscrew last night at 5 PM without turning on my light. That was amazing! There was still a slight glow coming through the clouds (probably from the ski hill), but the trees were unreal ghosts in the fog.

Dec. 2, 2009, 4:01 p.m.

7th is a wee bit icy but didn't feel sketch. What a gorgeous, crisp day!

Dec. 2, 2009, 5:40 p.m.

got to seventh around 2ish and there was no ice on the actual trail. the trail was awesome. i think there was 1 downed tree. i dont think it was very big. it was around the middle of the trail i think.

hit up oil can after that thinking it would be fairly dry since it hasnt rained too much in a few days and sure enough, it was awesome as well.

cleaned a couple drains on oil can like the usual 1 spot that always clogs but the very last big puddle needs some new drain work. it needs like a second drain as the one is a little higher up in the spot and the water was stuck in the lower portion.

2 downed trees on oil can though. the first one isn't that big but the second one is a doozie and it's blocking 2 sections so needs to get cut a few times.

Dec. 4, 2009, 7:49 p.m.

Fromme is primo. I love the surprise frozen tacky December days when you can ride everything. A few slippery patches but not many. such a nice change from six days ago.

Dec. 7, 2009, 1:20 p.m.

ya its pretty much like summer right now except you don't sweat buckets

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40

Dec. 7, 2009, 9:12 p.m.

The dirt and gravel are frozen to the ground like garnet on sandpaper. Better traction than any day in the summer.

Dec. 12, 2009, 3:35 p.m.

Just wondering if anyone rode Fromme today? Any good? Any snow?

Dec. 12, 2009, 7:52 p.m.

yeah, i got up to pipeline today. The snow starts right at the lower gate, about an inch deep. It continues all the way up the fifth switchback, only gaining another inch or two. pipeline was slippery as hell. absolutely no traction whatsoever. the baden powel and dempsey braemar were pretty slick today too, though not as bad as pipeline. I actually enjoy snowrides quite a bit, but i've never had one so slippery, even with another foot or two of snow.

There's no place like fromme

Dec. 12, 2009, 9:46 p.m.

Seymour's been pretty dry lately. Good conditions except for the frozen fingers.

Thread killer

Dec. 13, 2009, 9:24 p.m.

Went up to Pipeline today. Long slog up in the snow and the trail was slippery as all hell. The guys I was riding with got down on downhill bikes with only a few falls, but I ended up walking most of it. I think that's it for biking Fromme this season.

Went to Burke on Saturday and it was great though, so I might keep the little bike out.

Dec. 13, 2009, 10:51 p.m.

Went up to Pipeline today. Long slog up in the snow and the trail was slippery as all hell. The guys I was riding with got down on downhill bikes with only a few falls, but I ended up walking most of it. I think that's it for biking Fromme this season.

Went to Burke on Saturday and it was great though, so I might keep the little bike out.

how much snow was up there? Saturday there was only like 1-2 inches and while slick most stuff was rideable. It would have been a lot slicker early on today.

Dec. 14, 2009, 1:05 p.m.

it was awesome up there this weekend! A little slick but still frozen and fast. And very very few people. The XC guys I saw on Sunday were struggling with clips and high saddles, massive skidding ensued

tomorrow should be interesting

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40