Fromme conditions?

Feb. 1, 2010, 12:02 p.m.

Can someone tell me what chicane means. Its been said here 2 times now.

Kinda sad no one likes my work…

A ride around / rebuild is in the works.

don't feel bad about the comments ken, but don't ignore them either.

you've put together something that is a bit of a first, so there's no manual or set of plans to work from. it's a idea, a vision of what could be, that you have in your mind. it's also not just a simple flat bridge or something built in only one or two dimensions. as soon as you start building in three dimensions it becomes a lot harder to predict what's going to happen when your work gets ridden. this is especially when you're making something that really hasn't been done before.

i ran into this when i made the first part of the wallride and even more so when i added on to it. i spent a lot of time looking at things from different angles to try and get it right but always knew that there was a good chance i would have to end up tweaking things a little bit.

the naysayers or negative nancy's will always be around to say something sucks, don't let them get you down. embrace the comments, positive or negative, that people offer and then use that info to perfect your creation.

if you have a vision, persevere and make it happen.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

Feb. 1, 2010, 12:35 p.m.

don't feel bad about the comments ken, but don't ignore them either.

you've put together something that is a bit of a first, so there's no manual or set of plans to work from. it's a idea, a vision of what could be, that you have in your mind. it's also not just a simple flat bridge or something built in only one or two dimensions. as soon as you start building in three dimensions it becomes a lot harder to predict what's going to happen when your work gets ridden. this is especially when you're making something that really hasn't been done before.

i ran into this when i made the first part of the wallride and even more so when i added on to it. i spent a lot of time looking at things from different angles to try and get it right but always knew that there was a good chance i would have to end up tweaking things a little bit.

the naysayers or negative nancy's will always be around to say something sucks, don't let them get you down. embrace the comments, positive or negative, that people offer and then use that info to perfect your creation.

if you have a vision, persevere and make it happen.

I never liked the wallride either.

you did great job on my baseboards though

Feb. 1, 2010, 1:08 p.m.

I love the wallride, but only as a beautiful piece of art in the forest. I stop and marvel everytime I ride around it.

Feb. 1, 2010, 1:14 p.m.

https://vimeo.com/4921590

2:50 or so. Cleaned by a chick, someone from outta town, and a one-eyed chinese guy.

A ridearound is not a bad idea but that feature should stay. I have not cleaned it but I'd like to

and whats this about Digger 're-working' the area? I really hope he wasn't implying un-doing Ken's work. I know trail 'ownership' is a grey area between the original builder, the maintainers, and land owners but I hate to see riders working against each other instead of together

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40

Feb. 1, 2010, 3:26 p.m.

2:50 or so. Cleaned by a chick, someone from outta town, and a one-eyed chinese guy.

A ridearound is a bad idea and that feature should stay. I have not cleaned it but I'd like to

lol chick. I agree.

and every bit of gossip on the internet is true Bryce.

Feb. 1, 2010, 4:01 p.m.

Silk, I love your chicane ramp, don't change it at all, just build a go around for people who don't want to attempt it. I have done the chicane in the wet, the wood is still fresh enough that you get decent traction, plus there is almost no turning involved anyways.

I will mention it to Digger next time I see him, he never said anything to me about changing the ramp, I think he just wanted an go around for it.

Feb. 1, 2010, 4:02 p.m.

I have to agree with those that say leave it as is, it is rideable. I've walked past it when it was wet out thinking to myself I'll have to come back again when it's drier. Only thing required is a decent ride-around.

Feb. 1, 2010, 4:13 p.m.

A ride around it is then…

Thanks for the feedback all.

Feb. 1, 2010, 4:16 p.m.

build it sick
build it high
build it skinny.

Feb. 1, 2010, 4:19 p.m.

Thanks for the feedback all.

Yes! Thanks for piping up people.

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Silk again."

Feb. 1, 2010, 4:48 p.m.

Newsflash this is not a 'sick' line. Its like 3 ft wide!

:crybaby:

…which is why I suggest to him to build the "go-around" sick, high and skinny…

Feb. 1, 2010, 7:28 p.m.

I was up on Espresso yesterday. There's a tree down just before the skinny-to-rockface (I'd guess about 1/3 of the way down). Other than that, it was prime.

There's no place like fromme

Feb. 1, 2010, 9:38 p.m.

…are acting like its sacriledge to improve an improperly built structure. Once again, you fail on getting the point.

why don't you post up pics of the one you built so you can show us all the proper way to build this particular stunt?

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

Feb. 2, 2010, 1:54 p.m.

Once again, you fail on getting the point.

I did. What was the point?

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40

Feb. 3, 2010, 3:20 p.m.

why don't you post up pics of the one you built so you can show us all the proper way to build this particular stunt?

Well played.