Fromme 2016 Conditions

Dec. 30, 2016, 6:15 p.m.

LSCR was nasty to even walk today. Frozen deathchunks.

Jan. 2, 2017, 7:31 p.m.

Went up this afternoon on the bike.

Made it to Ladies / Pipeline with not to much trouble. The Trench on the Fire road is great fun both up and down.

Jan. 3, 2017, 1:12 p.m.

Went up this afternoon on the bike.

Made it to Ladies / Pipeline with not to much trouble. The Trench on the Fire road is great fun both up and down .

Confused: so, did you ride down the trail or road??

Jan. 3, 2017, 7 p.m.

Confused: so, did you ride down the trail or road??

Yes back down the road in that hard packed trench. The trails are not possible at this point unless you had a fat tire.

But fun as heck going flat out down the fire road in that snow trench as it is quite deep and if you are not dead center the pedals will strike and send you flying off the bike.

Jan. 5, 2017, 9:33 p.m.

Cam and I headed up today. He was on a fat bike and I had the Primer with WTB Bridger 3.0 tires - I call 'em mid-fats. The climb is fine but the trench is deep in places so you have to keep your pedals tucked in. We ducked into Ladies by Bart's Bridge off the 4th. It's tough to move across the hill and some stream crossings are tricky. I wouldn't recommend Ladies but the trails lower down that have been hiked/ridden were fine: BP, Skull, for example. We headed up for a Bobsled and that was fun as hell. Floppy Bunny also looks fine. There just hasn't been enough traffic on the trails off the 5th to make for easy going.

You can make your own snoamer anywhere you want at some elevations - it depends on the firmness of the snow underneath and conditions will keep changing. In other words, if you are jonesing and have a good attitude, there's tons of fun to be had. Some spots felt like narrower tires would have been better, and in others, wide tread was an advantage.

Get out there and have some fun.

Jan. 8, 2017, 9:27 a.m.

^^ going up the west side sometimes is a good option. Up st marys pavement, across st marys trail, up no quarter or old skidders to the bp. Then either continue up, or head down digger/boundary/whatever or across the bp and down by penzoil. Sometimes conditions are better over there, especially if mtn hwy is a mess. Its a short lap but you can easily do a few.

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40

Jan. 11, 2017, 8:37 p.m.

I rode up mtn. view from Hoskins, KOS both super icy but no problem on the fat Wozo- regular bikes would def. be a problem. Fire road is an easy climb but the one foot trench will be a problem when it thaws. So cold I rode down 38DD picking any line that worked as the bike stayed on top of the hard snow - super fun and a lot like tree boarding. Bobsled was great as I did the same thing choosing any line through the woods. The actual trail was icy and a bit sketch.

Jan. 11, 2017, 9:32 p.m.

Kirkford was incredible today. Big berms in all the switchbacks and amazing grip. Best ever conditions. More riders will just make it better so get after it! Bobsled was a little sketchier - especially at the bottom - but still a blast.

I will repost this in the 2017 thread. We can let this one die.