Fromme 2016 Conditions

July 21, 2016, 2:53 p.m.

Thanks guys. I've heard No Quarter is a hard climb, looking forward to it.

So it sounds like Bookwus, Grannies, Crippler and Skull are kinda similar old school tech trails, lots of steeps and root/rock moves. Stoked to check out something new and get my ass handed to me.

July 25, 2016, 3:44 p.m.

I had a great day on Saturday riding 100% new to me trails. Started with a ride/push up No Quarter. Fun and challenging (in a good way). I pushed the worst parts on the BP and the root fest skid road before D'yer Maker but I imagine people that don't suck at climbing would be fine in those sections. The newly cut single track is great though.

I rode the top section of Executioner and loved it, then back up Ramble/D'yer and down Lower Oilcan. Really enjoyed both trails, fun rock and root tech but not hard to find the flow. I think I only put a foot down once or twice riding them blind. Went over to Lower Crippler after, definitely a step up in difficulty from Executioner/Lower Oilcan and I took the easy lines where possible.

Conditions were pretty much perfect on all trails.

Aug. 4, 2016, 10:03 a.m.

So is Peter going to make 7th so smooth that it will cease to be a challenge? The top section is like a green run now. Flame away

People always ask me what's the phenomenon
Yo what's up? Yo what's goin' on- Adam Yauch

Aug. 4, 2016, 10:32 a.m.

Instead of talking shit, you should go thank him for the thousands of hours he's put in.

:heart:

BCpov on YouTube

www.instagram.com/BCPov

www.facebook.com/BCpov

Aug. 4, 2016, 10:41 a.m.

PSA: A co-worker rode Fromme Monday night and when he got back to the parking lot, just before the gate closing time, he found scratches and marks on his door that looked to be from someone trying to break into his vehicle.

Aug. 4, 2016, 11:31 a.m.

Instead of talking shit, you should go thank him for the thousands of hours he's put in.

:heart:

Trust me I have on many occasions. He has done an epic job with that route. I am just wondering why he is smoothing it out so much? I know I'm a dick.

People always ask me what's the phenomenon
Yo what's up? Yo what's goin' on- Adam Yauch

Aug. 5, 2016, 4:49 p.m.

Trust me I have on many occasions. He has done an epic job with that route. I am just wondering why he is smoothing it out so much? I know I'm a dick.

probably because it's what the masses want

Aug. 7, 2016, 12:50 p.m.

So is Peter going to make 7th so smooth that it will cease to be a challenge? The top section is like a green run now. Flame away

Give it a winter and time, it won't be so smooth anymore.

http://mtbtrails.ca/ Author of Locals' Guide to North Shore Rides and Locals' Guide to Fraser Valley Rides.

Follow us on Twitter and Instagram

Aug. 7, 2016, 3:52 p.m.

Doesn't it just alternate between smooth and somewhat chundery depending on when Peter has been working on it? When I last rode it I was surprised at how rough it was so I guess he's been working at it again. Oilcan and Bookwus aren't far away if people want chunder. Personally I think it's nice to have one smooth(ish) line down the mountain and 7th seems to be the most popular trail up there.

treezz
wow you are a ass

Sept. 3, 2016, 1:36 p.m.

Thanks to whoever has been tuning the lower part of No Quarter, filling in some of the more awkward tooth sections with rocks and (possibly) preparing for dirt once the rains come. Every little bit helps!

Oct. 28, 2016, 7:04 p.m.

Picked up the "Sea to Sky photo epic" edition of Freehub magazine… this is one of the routes that was featured in the magazine:

http://www.trailforks.com/route/freehub-magazine-ladies-only-loop/

Thought the starting/ending point was quite interesting. Never considered starting from Skyline Drive. Is this a logical starting point? Would be curious to try it out.

Oct. 28, 2016, 10:40 p.m.

Picked up the "Sea to Sky photo epic" edition of Freehub magazine… this is one of the routes that was featured in the magazine:

http://www.trailforks.com/route/freehub-magazine-ladies-only-loop/

Thought the starting/ending point was quite interesting. Never considered starting from Skyline Drive. Is this a logical starting point? Would be curious to try it out.

Huh, I guess if I did that loop I'd swap that road route return with a little climb back up to Executioner and down lower Executioner to Skyline. With that amount of KM on that loop, if one were to park a bit closer, one would be able to do 3X the amount of trails, at least :-)

Oct. 31, 2016, 1:26 p.m.

Huh, I guess if I did that loop I'd swap that road route return with a little climb back up to Executioner and down lower Executioner to Skyline. With that amount of KM on that loop, if one were to park a bit closer, one would be able to do 3X the amount of trails, at least :-)

Or back up the climb to BP and back down BP to the car. Lower Executioner AKA Bitches Brew which would be in amazing shape since probably nobody rides it anymore!

http://mtbtrails.ca/ Author of Locals' Guide to North Shore Rides and Locals' Guide to Fraser Valley Rides.

Follow us on Twitter and Instagram

Oct. 31, 2016, 3:46 p.m.

I'm guessing you'd have to be pretty damned fit to enjoy that first section of BP. I've parked on Prospect and done something similar, although pretty sure I went along Powerline / Skid Road. But yes, makes a change to finish on one of the old lines. No idea why you'd park on Skyline Drive though?

treezz
wow you are a ass

Nov. 1, 2016, 1:59 p.m.

yeah seems like a bit of an odd move to rip pennzoil only to have to climb all the way back up to the top of skyline. You could climb from st marys for 20 mins and ride that awesome part of lower executioner-brew almost right back to the car.