Fromme 2016 Conditions

May 24, 2016, 9:20 p.m.

Any idea why there is course marking tape (Rocky Mountain as well as coloured tape)on Crinkum Crankum? Is it for an upcoming event, or leftovers from a previous event?
I don't want to mess with it if it has a purpose, but if it's purpose has passed I'm surprised it hasn't been removed.
It's been there for awhile.

May 25, 2016, 9:17 a.m.

Any idea why there is course marking tape (Rocky Mountain as well as coloured tape)on Crinkum Crankum? Is it for an upcoming event, or leftovers from a previous event?
I don't want to mess with it if it has a purpose, but if it's purpose has passed I'm surprised it hasn't been removed.
It's been there for awhile.

Where on Crinkum Crankum did you see white Rocky tape? I swept the course on Sunday afternoon and pulled down the remainder of my Fiver tape that vollies didn't get. We didn't use Crinkum Crankum so I am surprised to hear that some of my tape ended up there.

May 25, 2016, 9:32 a.m.

Im pretty sure its from the Enduro after the fiver I swept.

May 25, 2016, 8:09 p.m.

Where on Crinkum Crankum did you see white Rocky tape? I swept the course on Sunday afternoon and pulled down the remainder of my Fiver tape that vollies didn't get. We didn't use Crinkum Crankum so I am surprised to hear that some of my tape ended up there.

It was near the start of Crinkum on Saturday and still there on Sunday. I wouldn't be surprised if it was put there by trail vandals (seen it happen on trail running races). Some of the tape was solid coloured (light blue?) some had the RM logo.
If it's not marking anything upcoming, [HTML_REMOVED] it's still there on my next lap, I'll pull it down.

May 25, 2016, 9:53 p.m.

It was near the start of Crinkum on Saturday and still there on Sunday. I wouldn't be surprised if it was put there by trail vandals (seen it happen on trail running races). Some of the tape was solid coloured (light blue?) some had the RM logo.
If it's not marking anything upcoming, [HTML_REMOVED] it's still there on my next lap, I'll pull it down.

BC Enduro's tape is green with Smith logos FYI.

May 25, 2016, 10:09 p.m.

The white RM dape was all pulled late Sunday afternoon.

May 25, 2016, 10:22 p.m.

Thanks shirk….a buddy just came off Crinkum tonight and said it's just the blue tape that's left at the apex of a turn near the top.

July 10, 2016, 7:50 p.m.

Excellent conditions on Fromme today, everything was in great shape :D

Couldn't figure out how to embed this video.. oh well

Neat!

July 12, 2016, 11:54 a.m.

Was back at Fromme the other night for the first time in months. Cool to see new woodwork being put in on Pipeline and the bottom of Floppy Bunny is buffed out a bit as well.

July 20, 2016, 10:38 a.m.

Rode 7th/Leppard/CC/Kirkford/Griffin last week Thursday and again last night (Tuesday). 7th/Leppard were a bit greasy and soft in spots last night, guessing the coming heat will harden things up.

I've never ridden Executioner, Crippler, Oilcan or Grannies. Thinking I will hit the new climb route and ride Executioner, then back up and try one of Crippler/Oilcan/Grannies. Which of the 3 is in the best shape these days? They sound kind of similar on Rrailforks: natural rooty/rocky fun.

cheers

July 20, 2016, 10:49 a.m.

Define best shape.

July 20, 2016, 11:06 a.m.

Rode 7th/Leppard/CC/Kirkford/Griffin last week Thursday and again last night (Tuesday). 7th/Leppard were a bit greasy and soft in spots last night, guessing the coming heat will harden things up.

I've never ridden Executioner, Crippler, Oilcan or Grannies. Thinking I will hit the new climb route and ride Executioner, then back up and try one of Crippler/Oilcan/Grannies. Which of the 3 is in the best shape these days? They sound kind of similar on Rrailforks: natural rooty/rocky fun.

cheers

I much prefer executioner and lower oilcan to grannies/crippler. Crippler and Grannies are much more "old school" and appeal to some but I find them very awkward and challenging to maintain any sort of flow. That being said - it is nice to have a variety of options available in terms of different styles of trail.

July 20, 2016, 12:05 p.m.

cheers

7th is a little trickier in the wet :) Oilcan is in great shape. Kudos to all the people who have worked on that trail the last few years. The section at the bottom of Oilcan along the BP trail is also a lot of fun.

July 20, 2016, 1:36 p.m.

cheers

Haven't heard of anyone riding Crippler or Grannies lately, but that may just be my circle of friends, etc. They're old school N.S. gnar for sure, though. Oilcan would be my recommendation of that group. The new ride up (I assume you mean No Quarter) is a grind at times. Eat your Wheaties.

Pain is temporary; quitting lasts forever.

July 20, 2016, 1:47 p.m.

Upper Crippler and Grannies are two of my favorites and both are in great shape (for what they are, which is difficult old school trails). Best combined with a lap down Bookwus and Lower Skull for the full experience. The only thing I would like to see done on Grannies is a bit more dirt to help transition onto the skinny crossing a small creek. Once you can string all the tricky sections together into a continuous run there is a great flow to them. Might take a few laps to find said flow ;) Lower Oil Can is way easier by comparison.