Fromme 2016 Conditions

Jan. 10, 2016, 2:50 p.m.

Mountain Highway slushy snow from 2nd Switchback but still mostly rideable to around 4th s/b. Fat bike territory above. No signs of bike tracks higher than Espresso. No signs of tire tracks at 7th/Leopard exit.

Espresso slippery and unrideable in some places up top but all bridges cleared of snow and ice. Good fun from around 1/3 in. Someone's even been down the big slab!
Superb conditions lower down/below BP

Jan. 18, 2016, 2:49 p.m.

Hiked around on lower fromme on Sunday. Trails were in good shape, not as muddy as I expected. Lots of people out riding. No snow up to kirkford entrance which is as high as I got.

Jan. 23, 2016, 4:09 p.m.

The road was clear to Leppard. Trails were running really well. Cedar trail had a lot of running water on it.

There's nothing better than an Orangina after cheating death with Digger.

Jan. 23, 2016, 4:34 p.m.

Plenty of people riding 7th today. Last 100m of Mtn Hwy was push but otherwise only the odd snow patch up top…

Jan. 24, 2016, 9:36 a.m.

7th and Pipeline last night were both great.

Feb. 1, 2016, 5:14 p.m.

On Sunday ducked in at the 5th switchback where it was getting difficult to push/ride at that point. Did Kirkford/CC/Griffens. A little snow, but all good to go.

Thread killer

Feb. 9, 2016, 7:09 p.m.

Anyone ride Fromme on the weekend? Know where the snow line is? Seymour was clear to Ned's today; not sure how that translates to Fromme though…

Feb. 9, 2016, 10:15 p.m.

Rode Expesso yesterday, no snow to that point. Didn't look like any up the road either. Trails were in awesome condition. Dry and fast. Couple wet spots on bobsled but thats it. Man was it busy!

Feb. 10, 2016, 12:04 a.m.

Anyone ride Fromme on the weekend? Know where the snow line is? Seymour was clear to Ned's today; not sure how that translates to Fromme though…

Snow started on the road around Executioner yesterday. 7th was compact slush with a deep wet rut for the first half, then the snow was gone.

Feb. 27, 2016, 2:01 p.m.

Lots of people out this morning. The parts of No Quarter I rode were running great. Seventh and Pipeline were also really good until I burped my rear tire.

There's nothing better than an Orangina after cheating death with Digger.

March 7, 2016, 11:54 a.m.

Rode Expresso for the first time in a long while on Sunday morning. Trail is running great although I was surprised how punched out some sections are. Ran into Digger just before the rock roll and stopped for a chat and to offer a hand, he's working his way down filling in the holes. I was surprised to see that all the dirt that was filled in on the rider's left line around Expresso smooth around the time of the BC Bike Race last summer has completely eroded away already. Just a testament to the volume of traffic on that trail.

Not as busy as last weekend out there, parking lot had some space in it.

March 7, 2016, 12:14 p.m.

On Friday, I climbed up No quarter and didn't want to go down Execution (did it just a week ago) so headed to to Expresso as light was also starting to wane. The entrance was roped off, not too sure if Digger was working down below. I climbed back up to the closest trail and thought, what the hell, I have tried Grannies in ages and ages.

Wow talk about a trail that has been taken back by nature. Even some of the rocks had green slime on them. Woodwork or tree roots were insanely slick. Can remember the last time I walked so much on a trail. Won't be doing that again.

Should have gone a little further to Oil Can or even back up to Executioner. The only reason I didn't ride Executioner is that I rode only 1 week ago and like to not ride same trails back to back. Executioner is running fantastic.

How is Oil Can running these days. It is worth a try. Felt like kind of a wasted run with Grannies. With how little I am riding these days I try to make every ride count.

May 14, 2016, 9:50 p.m.

What time does the Fromme gate open in the morning?

May 17, 2016, 2:35 p.m.

On Friday, I climbed up No quarter and didn't want to go down Execution (did it just a week ago) so headed to to Expresso as light was also starting to wane. The entrance was roped off, not too sure if Digger was working down below. I climbed back up to the closest trail and thought, what the hell, I have tried Grannies in ages and ages.

Wow talk about a trail that has been taken back by nature. Even some of the rocks had green slime on them. Woodwork or tree roots were insanely slick. Can remember the last time I walked so much on a trail. Won't be doing that again.

While this trail would be a lot more challenging in the wet… we rode it today and it was incredibly fun! Super tacky and the line is quite obvious. Its possible in March the trail could have had more tree debris on it from wind/rain etc, but right now it running great!

my advice would be to only ride these old school trails in the dry unless you want that extra challenge!

http://mtbtrails.ca/ Author of Locals' Guide to North Shore Rides and Locals' Guide to Fraser Valley Rides.

Follow us on Twitter and Instagram

May 18, 2016, 2:19 p.m.

Trails are running great right now!

Bookwus

Grannies

Crippler

http://mtbtrails.ca/ Author of Locals' Guide to North Shore Rides and Locals' Guide to Fraser Valley Rides.

Follow us on Twitter and Instagram