Fromme 2015 Conditions

Nov. 23, 2015, 2:13 p.m.

Just a heads up - parking on the gravel road next to the no stopping or no parking signs could end up with a parking fine.

yeah; thought they wouldn't be patrolling up there, but did see a truck with a ticket last time i was up.

Nov. 23, 2015, 2:35 p.m.

Need to keep the road clear for emergency vehicles access. Pretty reasonable if you're the one that's hurt.

Nov. 23, 2015, 2:41 p.m.

oh for sure. of course once people get used to parking up there, such considerations go out the window, lot full or no. should have seen the day the lot gate wasn't opened.

Nov. 23, 2015, 5:23 p.m.

Took one of my buddies who just moved to Van on a walk in to show him Flying Circus.

I was a bit shocked to discover the discombobulator had been removed. Looked as if the whole thing was just taken out of the log, no signs of disassembling / destruction. It literally looked as if it was just pulled cleanly straight up.

I wonder why this was done.

Are we to see a revival somewhere?

Nov. 24, 2015, 10:16 a.m.

Took one of my buddies who just moved to Van on a walk in to show him Flying Circus.

I was a bit shocked to discover the discombobulator had been removed. Looked as if the whole thing was just taken out of the log, no signs of disassembling / destruction. It literally looked as if it was just pulled cleanly straight up.

I wonder why this was done.

Are we to see a revival somewhere?

Fear not.

Digger said he took it out awhile ago and was planning on giving it new life!

Can`t remember where he planned on re-installing it though. Circus was such an awesome challenge, I miss those days sometimes.

Nov. 24, 2015, 1:48 p.m.

Digger said he took it out awhile ago and was planning on giving it new life!

that's so rad! can't believe it was still intact.

such a gong show, that trail was. still, we kept coming back for the punishment.

Dec. 6, 2015, 8:02 p.m.

Did Fromme today. Lots of room in the parking lot on a Sunday!
Thats good .Most trails should not be ridden in such conditions. On the other hand . Pipe line had a sweet river cleaning all the armor. The wood work is sweet. Rode every thing. Met the original builder and his family hiking the trail.
The improvements done recently do a great job of maintaining the original feel of the trail.
Thank you for all who maintain Pipe line.
yes most trails are not and should not be ridden in the rain . Yes i have said it twice now. Thanks.

common sense…..Whats common about sense?!

Dec. 6, 2015, 9:27 p.m.

I felt bad for riding LeppKrinkFord today. I'd not ridden them for a ages and didn't realize that they'd turned into a dirtfest (looks awesome!). I thought 7th to that route would be an ideal wet weather lap. Maybe consider that if you are getting in a wet lap.

On the subject of Flying Circus, it was a bit sketchy today ;)

treezz
wow you are a ass

Dec. 12, 2015, 9:19 p.m.

Snowing heavy at the top of 7th this evening. A massive old growth something came down 1/4 way down. Like a bomb went off on the trail.

Dec. 13, 2015, 12:14 p.m.

Yikes. I was up Friday night after that day of sunshine and 7th rode great. Leppard-crinkum-kirkford was a little soft in places but no mud bogs to be found.

Dec. 16, 2015, 2:40 p.m.

Pedalled up to Leppard from the parking lot around 11am today. Some compacted snow on the switchbacks and pretty consistent coverage from the Ladies trailhead and beyond. Still rideable.

Leppard on down was in good shape. Enough snow to be wary but not enough to limit anything. CC and Kirkford were in fine shape.

There's nothing better than an Orangina after cheating death with Digger.

Dec. 16, 2015, 6:24 p.m.

Pedalled up to Leppard from the parking lot around 11am today. Some compacted snow on the switchbacks and pretty consistent coverage from the Ladies trailhead and beyond. Still rideable.

Leppard on down was in good shape. Enough snow to be wary but not enough to limit anything. CC and Kirkford were in fine shape.

I hit 7th around 3 PM yesterday. You could pedal all the way up, with a couple inches of snow on the road by the top, and 7th had just a bit more than what I'd call a dusting, but all rideable and pretty fun. Of course, it may have continued to snow all night, so I'm not sure how covered it is now.

Dec. 17, 2015, 10:06 a.m.

Rode up the Fromme climb trail and ran into snow not too far after the BP to Dreamweaver section. Despite snow and fallen ice chunks the traction was pretty good. The side angled roots on the upper part of Dreamweaver were interesting as well.

Picture is not too far below the road near the Executioner split.

Dec. 23, 2015, 7:56 p.m.

What are the chances of the gate being open Christmas day? weather is looking good, wouldn't want to waste a day..

Dec. 23, 2015, 11:12 p.m.

Does the gate encompass the whole mountain?

treezz
wow you are a ass