Fromme 2015 Conditions

Nov. 13, 2015, 8:55 a.m.

just a bit harder but way less pedaling. thinking of bringing my daughter on it. she's getting bored of bobsled.

it's a great grom trail, and a real change up from bobsled

"Nobody really gives a shit that you don't like the thing that you have no firsthand experience with." Dave

Nov. 13, 2015, 9:47 a.m.

Hmmm a climbing and descending trail from the Princess parking lot would be very nice indeed.

The connection is already there. You cross Braemar on the power line trail and follow it into Princess Park.

Climbing Trail - Powerlines - Princess Park - Ecole Boundary School - Tempe Knoll - Bark Mulch Trail (I don't know what it's really called but it runs from 25th to Lynn Valley Road next to the highway - Lynn Valley Overpass - Sutherland School - Loutet - Brooksbank Park - Keith Lynn Park - Bridgeman. You can get all the way from the 6th to Main street with only about a few blocks of city riding. There is your ultimate climbing/descending trail.

On the bonus side all the trails around the schools were built by 14 year old kids and have really fun little jumps built on them.

Nov. 13, 2015, 9:51 a.m.

Hmmm a climbing and descending trail from the Princess parking lot would be very nice indeed.

Just ride under the power lines.

Nov. 13, 2015, 1:20 p.m.

The connection is already there. You cross Braemar on the power line trail and follow it into Princess Park.

Climbing Trail - Powerlines - Princess Park - Ecole Boundary School - Tempe Knoll - Bark Mulch Trail (I don't know what it's really called but it runs from 25th to Lynn Valley Road next to the highway - Lynn Valley Overpass - Sutherland School - Loutet - Brooksbank Park - Keith Lynn Park - Bridgeman. You can get all the way from the 6th to Main street with only about a few blocks of city riding. There is your ultimate climbing/descending trail.

On the bonus side all the trails around the schools were built by 14 year old kids and have really fun little jumps built on them.

Just ride under the power lines.

Jeez guys I know. I want moar better than that.

Nov. 13, 2015, 2:40 p.m.

Jeez guys I know. I want moar better than that.

How about we moar betterer the route up to the 6th then hit a few other key connectors.

Nov. 13, 2015, 6:17 p.m.

How about we moar betterer the route up to the 6th then hit a few other key connectors.

Far more important of course.

Nov. 19, 2015, 5:53 p.m.

Any trails effected by the wind storm?
Some Valley trails got a shit kicking

Nov. 19, 2015, 6:02 p.m.

Report any blowdowns on Trailforks please. The more precise you can be with location, the better.

Nov. 19, 2015, 7:34 p.m.

I do,
Chainsaw was on it today already

Nov. 20, 2015, 6:45 p.m.

Big thanks to whoever was working on Lep. Love the new stuff.

Nov. 21, 2015, 6:26 p.m.

Rode Severed and Forever After yesterday which I think was the day after the storm. Zero blowdown worth mentioning and what few pieces I saw I picked up easily. Either somebody went through and removed it all before me, in which case thanks, or we got lucky. There was a green carpet of needles but that was it. Also rode that piece of BP between Severed and Forever After which was also good. What is not down to luck is how well the trails are holding up in this crazy fall weather. I've ridden a few times after some monster rainfalls and you can literally count the puddles and eroded spots on the fingers of one hand. Props to the NSMBA and all the builders.

Just realized I posted this on the Fromme thread but I can't see the Seymour one right now. Anyone know where it's gone?

Nov. 21, 2015, 11:47 p.m.

Just realized I posted this on the Fromme thread but I can't see the Seymour one right now. Anyone know where it's gone?

http://bb.nsmb.com/showthread.php?t=161174

No one had replied to it since Sept. so it had fallen off the 1 month page.

Nov. 22, 2015, 11:49 a.m.

King of the shore closed today for trail work. Thanks to the builders!

Nov. 23, 2015, 12:45 p.m.

Thanks for the recent work on Crinkum, the new dirt on the berms at the top and the new wood are great. I also rode Floppy Bunny for the first time in a while, fun warm-up lap and again good wood.

Kirkford was a bit wet but not really muddy yet, only a few small puddles. Upper Griffen pretty dry.

Parking lot was full at 2:30pm with folks parking along the road, looked like mostly bikers but saw quite a few folks hiking as well.

Nov. 23, 2015, 12:47 p.m.

Just a heads up - parking on the gravel road next to the no stopping or no parking signs could end up with a parking fine.