Fromme 2015 Conditions

Oct. 6, 2015, 8:52 p.m.

Be aware that this is mentioned somewhat tongue in cheek but…..I don't know if this is the appropriate place to be setting up shop to sell our wares.

I like your thinking. Perhaps something like wreck beach. A nice frosty beer after a ride would be great. Maybe a food truck or two, think of a nice burrito to go with that beer.

Nov. 10, 2015, 11:41 a.m.

How's Fromme after the recent rain? Was thinking of checking out the work on Floppy Bunny and then a 7th/Leppard/CC/Griffin run tomorrow afternoon.

Thought I'd ask because if it's very muddy I don't want to damage the new work on those trails.

Nov. 10, 2015, 12:18 p.m.

dunno about the trails you mentioned, but executioner was running fantastic last sunday after quite a bit of rain. i don't think i saw a drop of standing water or mud until i got down to dreamweaver (which was also running great - nice work mark!). whoever has been repairing that trail, hats off! i remember a few years ago, when sharon and lee gave it some love, most of their work fell apart when the rains came. the new repairs seem damn solid

"Nobody really gives a shit that you don't like the thing that you have no firsthand experience with." Dave

Nov. 10, 2015, 3:12 p.m.

Is Crinkum Crankum much more difficult than Leppard?

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

Nov. 10, 2015, 3:33 p.m.

Is Crinkum Crankum much more difficult than Leppard?

just a bit harder but way less pedaling. thinking of bringing my daughter on it. she's getting bored of bobsled.

http://www.epiccyclist.com/

Nov. 10, 2015, 4:56 p.m.

How's Fromme after the recent rain? Was thinking of checking out the work on Floppy Bunny and then a 7th/Leppard/CC/Griffin run tomorrow afternoon.

Thought I'd ask because if it's very muddy I don't want to damage the new work on those trails.

7th was almost dry on Sunday! Awesome drainage. The few bits of Expresso that I rode were also great, although I rode the old line where possible.

treezz
wow you are a ass

Nov. 10, 2015, 7:53 p.m.

Ditto on executioner last Sunday. Other than the early darkness, it was pretty sweet even in the rain.

Nov. 11, 2015, 8:18 p.m.

Beautiful day to Remember. No quarter and executioner/Dreamweaver were in great shape today.

I have seen both ends of the climbing trail from the end of no quarter up to mountain highway now but it does not look open yet. Looking forward to when it does - but lungs and legs have to work to do to make it. Any idea when it open? Or is it cool to ride it now?

s.

Nov. 11, 2015, 8:51 p.m.

Beautiful day to Remember. No quarter and executioner/Dreamweaver were in great shape today.

I have seen both ends of the climbing trail from the end of no quarter up to mountain highway now but it does not look open yet. Looking forward to when it does - but lungs and legs have to work to do to make it. Any idea when it open? Or is it cool to ride it now?

s.

Certainly various sections of it are open now (in that the whole climbing trail is called NQ IIRC?). I rode up it before working on it on Sunday. Without giving away directions, I'd probably assume that the higher sections are closed, or if you find them, at least treat them with some respect (don't fuck with my fern planting :D ) . Word on the street on Sunday is that the official opening won't be for a good while yet.

Safe to say that this is what is open:

http://www.trailforks.com/route/no-quarter-fromme-climbing-route/

treezz
wow you are a ass

Nov. 12, 2015, 10:34 a.m.

So you're working on a connection from the top end to . ?

And a big parking lot's going in down by Braemar?????

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

Nov. 12, 2015, 10:44 a.m.

So you're working on a connection from the top end to . ?

And a big parking lot's going in down by Braemar?????

There has been a goal to link up a climbing route from the low point on Breamer to the 6th Switchback for many years. Currently the route extends up to the mid-point on Executioner.

There is working being done to extend that up to the 6th, but it's not complete yet. Hopefully if work and weather permit there should be good news to share come spring.

There has recently been some fresh work done above the current high point, PLEASE give it time to settle in and set up.

To remind people this is not one single continuous trail, it's a link up of existing and upgraded/re-routed trail to make a climbing route. It's a "black diamond" route not a simple "blue" climber.

There is good street parking along Breamer on the north side, there is also parking at Princess Park. Plenty of parking in that zone but yes that DNV has indicated that it would be the next place to receive parking upgrades in the future. No immediate plans in the next few years to my knowledge.

Nov. 12, 2015, 11:05 a.m.

7th was almost dry on Sunday! Awesome drainage. The few bits of Expresso that I rode were also great, although I rode the old line where possible.

Parts looked like they had some trees down but I didn't look too closely as I was in a rush. That old line still pretty rideable?

Nov. 12, 2015, 12:28 p.m.

It's a "black diamond" route not a simple "blue" climber.

Well that cuts it! :cry:

Nov. 12, 2015, 8:52 p.m.

Parts looked like they had some trees down but I didn't look too closely as I was in a rush. That old line still pretty rideable?

I was in a bit of a rush too! Sort of racing some buddies while they are on the main line. It's quite entertaining.

Yeah pretty sure there was a tree or similar down at one point. Loads of the trail is still good to go though.

treezz
wow you are a ass

Nov. 12, 2015, 11:35 p.m.

There is good street parking along Breamer on the north side, there is also parking at Princess Park. Plenty of parking in that zone but yes that DNV has indicated that it would be the next place to receive parking upgrades in the future. No immediate plans in the next few years to my knowledge.

Hmmm a climbing and descending trail from the Princess parking lot would be very nice indeed.