Fromme 2015 Conditions

Sept. 25, 2015, 9:34 a.m.

Heard some bs that Ladies is closed for reasons other than maintenance. Hope Digger maintains the stoke and doesn't take the opinions of negative board members at face value.

Digger rules!

Excited for the re opening.

Rode on Fromme last night, Ladies entrance was roped off, sign indicating temporary closure. Espresso was open. Others had mentioned both Ladies and Espresso closure but Espresso is open again.

Ended up riding riding Leopard and down to first, then a couple of lower laps. Conditions were a little wet but solid and grippy.

Sept. 27, 2015, 11:57 p.m.

Heard some bs that Ladies is closed for reasons other than maintenance. Hope Digger maintains the stoke and doesn't take the opinions of negative board members at face value.

Digger rules!

Excited for the re opening.

Talked to Digger at the trail day on Saturday. He said he was re-doing the whole thing and preferred to have it closed. He described a few changes and it sounds like it will be awesome when he's done.

Sept. 29, 2015, 4:46 p.m.

Ladies is back open. Some fresh dirt and new little jumps halfway down. Not sure if the second concrete roll has always been there (not the green one), but it looks quite natural and should last a long time.

Awesome work Digger!

Sept. 29, 2015, 7:47 p.m.

Ladies is back open. Some fresh dirt and new little jumps halfway down. Not sure if the second concrete roll has always been there (not the green one), but it looks quite natural and should last a long time.

Awesome work Digger!

Rode Ladies as well. Good fun. Digger has fixed up some areas that needed some TLC. Such nice work to fix it up yet keep it as challenging as ever.

Yes, awesome work Digger!!!

Sept. 29, 2015, 8:37 p.m.

yep - ladies is in fine shape now. new bridge after the teeter (with log groove now filled in), the two rock roll lines cemented in and a bunch of fresh gold on the lower half. good stuff!

Sept. 30, 2015, 1:28 p.m.

I'll have to grab my balls and full face and try Ladies again. It's been a long time. I haven't ridden it since 2010!

Sept. 30, 2015, 4:48 p.m.

I'll have to grab my balls and full face and try Ladies again. It's been a long time. I haven't ridden it since 2010!

Rode UOC for the first time in a long time today. It was really fun. The first third is pretty much the same as it ever was. That massive new rollercoaster type thing is awesome. The new skinnies are very nicely done, a fun option.

There were enough hard g-outs and sharp hits that I was wishing for my full face.

Upper and Lower Cripplers were running fine.

There's nothing better than an Orangina after cheating death with Digger.

Sept. 30, 2015, 6:27 p.m.

Rode UOC for the first time in a long time today. It was really fun. The first third is pretty much the same as it ever was. That massive new rollercoaster type thing is awesome. The new skinnies are very nicely done, a fun option.

There were enough hard g-outs and sharp hits that I was wishing for my full face.

Upper and Lower Cripplers were running fine.

The Cripplers are also on my stop being a pussy and ride them list before the rain comes back list. Those will definitely be full face trails for me!

Sept. 30, 2015, 6:36 p.m.

The Cripplers can be pretty janky and would definitely be a handful in the wet. It takes a few passes to find the flow in them. I find UC to have great flow now as I can mostly link everything up. Results may vary

There's nothing better than an Orangina after cheating death with Digger.

Oct. 5, 2015, 8:11 a.m.

Does anyone know what the SNFU was with regard to the Fromme parking lot being locked on Sunday. Quite the gong show up there. Tippie was up there selling some of his goods.

Shouldn't need to be said, but I guess it does, especially with how crowded it was from the lower gate right through to the washrooms.

Slow down

As I was heading down, I saw two trucks, both with bikes on, just past the lower gate heading up. I was waving at them to get them to slow down. Funny enough both waved back, oblivious to the fact I was trying to get them to slow down. Both were moving pretty fast and kicking up a shitload of dust to others walking and riding on the road.

Oct. 6, 2015, 10:10 a.m.

yeah, a gong on sunday, for sure. found a nice parking spot up near the bathrooms regardless. assumed no one was going to be enforcing the no stopping signage (safety in numbers). amazing how busy that lot is. i typically don't bother using it unless i have a kid in tow; nearly as fast to ride from coleman and avoid the parking cue, plus you get bonus lower trails.

interesting the change in demographic on fromme now; certainly a higher percentage of kids / newbs / hikers.

Oct. 6, 2015, 11:12 a.m.

"Quite the gong show up there. Tippie was up there selling some of his goods."

It was a complete gong show up there. Too many people, way too many cars, and a District Parks guy that forgot to open the gate. In addition, there was far too little common courtesy shown from this large group of people (both riders and motorists) that don't seem to understand how to be a responsible rider/driver and guest user of this great place. Throw on top of that an apparently personal garage sale right in front of the locked gate and……well, you get the picture. GONG SHOW.

Oct. 6, 2015, 11:27 a.m.

Tippie was up there selling some of his goods, but was out of the way and not causing any harm.

Most everyone was driving quite slow and behaving very politely. Vehicles were pulling over to let others by, as were groups of cyclists and hikers. Given how busy it was I would say the vast majority of the crowd handled themselves very well.

My comments about a couple of trucks heading up the road too fast are just that. Even if the parking lot gate was open the two trucks should have had their speed lower, given how crowded it was, they definitely should have been going slower.

Oct. 6, 2015, 6:26 p.m.

"Tippie was up there selling some of his goods, but was out of the way and not causing any harm."

Agreed, little harm on an incredibly busy day. But…..does that mean the new parking lot (even when not actually open) is a new zone for private business? Can I set up a food truck there? An ice cream truck would be awesome….maybe a mobile tube and lube sales cart? Maybe we could all pitch our weekend garage sales up there?

Be aware that this is mentioned somewhat tongue in cheek but…..I don't know if this is the appropriate place to be setting up shop to sell our wares.

Oct. 6, 2015, 8:46 p.m.

Beer truck, who cares about ice cream when there's beer.