Fromme 2015 Conditions

Sept. 7, 2015, 7:52 p.m.

Btw, the ride out BP from bottom of Expresso to Mtn. Highway, miserable or what? That's not a rhetorical question.

I really like that ride, always have. There are a few spots that could use some rehab, the approach to the big steep rocked-in left-hand sweeper, the approach to where the "hikers/bikers" sign used to be. It would be better to work on those spots than build new side trails and big rock ride-arounds as has been done this year, hopefully that's where the next bit of effort can go.

Don't ride it east to west though, that's horrible.

Sept. 7, 2015, 8:19 p.m.

No I wouldn't do that just looking for an alternative to parking on Dempsey and having to chug up the pave.

What's the grade on the road past the gate average, anyone know?

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

Sept. 8, 2015, 8:15 a.m.

No I wouldn't do that just looking for an alternative to parking on Dempsey and having to chug up the pave.

What's the grade on the road past the gate average, anyone know?

Around 7 or 8%, I believe

Sept. 8, 2015, 2:13 p.m.

Btw, the ride out BP from bottom of Expresso to Mtn. Highway, miserable or what? That's not a rhetorical question.

It's miserable. The summer has not been kind to it, and with all the extra traffic from Expresso it has become quite eroded. But, if you take your time and take a good look at some of the nastier sections there are easier lines. I suggest keeping right for the last corner to the right and go over the small rock. It looks like the harder option as you approach, but is actually easier and sets you up nicely for the corner.

Sept. 8, 2015, 3:10 p.m.

It's miserable. The summer has not been kind to it, and with all the extra traffic from Expresso it has become quite eroded. But, if you take your time and take a good look at some of the nastier sections there are easier lines. I suggest keeping right for the last corner to the right and go over the small rock. It looks like the harder option as you approach, but is actually easier and sets you up nicely for the corner.

It's also a bit nicer (mentally) at the beginning of the ride than at the end. So parking at the bottom of Pennzoil and starting your ride from that side of the mountain helps you finish with high stoke factor.

Sept. 8, 2015, 7:22 p.m.

I'm definitely in the minority here…I actually don't mind the BP from Expresso/Pipeline/Ladies. Well….except for a couple of those un-flowy climbs.
That chunky section above the "Hiker/Biker" could use some work, but I don't mind the challenge.

Sept. 9, 2015, 2:44 p.m.

Any reason why the road at Seventh smells like a concert portapotty line-up??? Does Grouse dump sewage down there? It's gross….

It didn't smell today lol

Trails nice and tacky! It's nice to have grip again! Sure beats the dry conditions. Hope this keeps up with the occasional rain!

Sept. 21, 2015, 2:03 p.m.

Ladies and Expresso both roped off today. In fact, Ladies has been closed every time I ride by for the last two weeks! Major work being done?

The new dirt on the berms at the top of 7th are very muddy and rutted out. Very wet overall but, for me anyways, preferable to the overly dry summer!

Sept. 21, 2015, 3:08 p.m.

Ladies and Expresso both roped off today. In fact, Ladies has been closed every time I ride by for the last two weeks! Major work being done?

The new dirt on the berms at the top of 7th are very muddy and rutted out. Very wet overall but, for me anyways, preferable to the overly dry summer!

Maybe fallen trees, but usually don't rope off for that. Floppy was roped off for a while and when it re-opened, some very nice work was done. Has me drooling to find out what could be happening on Ladies [HTML_REMOVED] Espresso.

Sept. 21, 2015, 7:25 p.m.

I'm definitely in the minority here…I actually don't mind the BP from Expresso/Pipeline/Ladies. Well….except for a couple of those un-flowy climbs.
That chunky section above the "Hiker/Biker" could use some work, but I don't mind the challenge.

Right there with you, I find it challenging and fun. Cleaning that one climb just before the stairs is always my main goal though!

www.essentialcycles.com | www.essentialcycles.shop 

Service, Sales & Repair Shop, Mountain Bike Rentals, Coaching & Guiding

Sept. 21, 2015, 10:32 p.m.

Expresso back open by late afternoon - I saw Digger [HTML_REMOVED] co. wrapping up at around 4 on my way up to 7th.

Sept. 22, 2015, 10:15 a.m.

Maybe fallen trees, but usually don't rope off for that. Floppy was roped off for a while and when it re-opened, some very nice work was done. Has me drooling to find out what could be happening on Ladies [HTML_REMOVED] Espresso.

Did they fix up the jumps/structures on Floppy? Love that trail for a quick warm-up or add-on lap at the end of a ride. Thanks to those involved for their efforts.

Sept. 22, 2015, 11:42 a.m.

Did they fix up the jumps/structures on Floppy? Love that trail for a quick warm-up or add-on lap at the end of a ride. Thanks to those involved for their efforts.

Yes, some nice work was done on the trail. Not too long ago, the roller was added to the entrance with the landing on the next section smoothed out. After the first big left handed berm a small 1-2 foot ramp drop is now in place. A few other bits have been cleaned up including the rollout / landing on the higher wood ramp about 1/2 way down.

Thanks to whom ever did the work, my kids really like this trail. Good fun for a low access trail.

Sept. 22, 2015, 3:52 p.m.

Today they working on washout(?) where the gravel start. Expresso too someone said.

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

Sept. 24, 2015, 7:12 a.m.

Heard some bs that Ladies is closed for reasons other than maintenance. Hope Digger maintains the stoke and doesn't take the opinions of negative board members at face value.

Digger rules!

Excited for the re opening.