Fromme 2015 Conditions

Aug. 13, 2015, 8:37 p.m.

Very busy night on Fromme…not sure what group was meeting, but there sure were a lot of people near the washrooms (maybe 30 or more?).
Saw another 15 to 20 or so riding up, but definitely quieter after Expresso.
Rode 7th, Lep, Crinkum, Kirk, Griffen, Switchbacks…had a great non-stop rip. Saw another 12-15 people on the way down (about 6 in one group), [HTML_REMOVED] a couple of pooches.
Crinkum ladders are all in decent shape, [HTML_REMOVED] the new Kirkford switchbacks are riding better now that they've packed down a bit…I also like the variety of keeping to some of the original woodwork at sections.

Great night!

Aug. 13, 2015, 8:53 p.m.

I ride that same route today it was good fun. Only my second time up at Fromme. I'm liking that climb up compared to Burke!

Isn't Burke about the same now they upgraded the road for the power line construction?

Aug. 13, 2015, 9:38 p.m.

Isn't Burke about the same now they upgraded the road for the power line construction?

The road condition on Burke is pretty good up to the powerlines, but it's much steeper than Fromme, pretty much in it's entirety.

Aug. 14, 2015, 9:50 a.m.

Very busy night on Fromme…not sure what group was meeting, but there sure were a lot of people near the washrooms (maybe 30 or more?).
Saw another 15 to 20 or so riding up, but definitely quieter after Expresso.
Rode 7th, Lep, Crinkum, Kirk, Griffen, Switchbacks…had a great non-stop rip. Saw another 12-15 people on the way down (about 6 in one group), [HTML_REMOVED] a couple of pooches.
Crinkum ladders are all in decent shape, [HTML_REMOVED] the new Kirkford switchbacks are riding better now that they've packed down a bit…I also like the variety of keeping to some of the original woodwork at sections.

Great night!

Yes - that's a great rip making sure you take all the woodwork options. Funny that the Griffen Switchbacks is now the hardest part of that entire route!

Aug. 18, 2015, 8:12 a.m.

Boundary trail.
For wood that is over a decade old. It is in excellent shape! Im certain that the few rotted stringers can be replaced leaving the decks in place.
Any one have the permit? Fixing wood is much easier and longer lasting than digging a huge pit and covering trail with golden sand.
Tweeter totter had that fresh cedar smell.
Thank you for the new feature!!!!!!
Cleaned every thing!
Trail is in amazing shape.

common sense…..Whats common about sense?!

Aug. 18, 2015, 8:17 p.m.

Rode Pipeline this evening….along with a few other choice trails…but noticed that some old school woodwork is getting some love/repair lower on Pipeline. Should be an awesome alternative….props to whomever is doing this! Let me know if you need help.

PS I lost a mini-pump somewhere on that trail this evening (or perhaps on the approach?). If you found it, would appreciate it if you let me know. I have a cold beer with your name on it.

Aug. 18, 2015, 8:58 p.m.

Boundary trail.
For wood that is over a decade old. It is in excellent shape! Im certain that the few rotted stringers can be replaced leaving the decks in place.
Any one have the permit? Fixing wood is much easier and longer lasting than digging a huge pit and covering trail with golden sand.
Tweeter totter had that fresh cedar smell.
Thank you for the new feature!!!!!!
Cleaned every thing!
Trail is in amazing shape.

Karen, who did a lot of the standing woodwork, is working on it again, the new stuff is her work as well.

Aug. 19, 2015, 9:07 a.m.

rode upper oil can on saturday. It was wet and greasy at the time but no longer i suspect! Huge new/refreshed woodwork builds up there. Scary stuff! I didn't ride any of it other than the last big rock but it sure is nice that it is there! Far from dumbed down. Lower oil can was fast and flowy

Aug. 20, 2015, 8:52 a.m.

Rode various trails last night…(without sounding like a broken record on how awesome/somewhat dusty everything is riding right now) the only thing worth reporting is that one of the newer wood features on KOS was smashed by a fallen tree. Nothing insurmountable.

Aug. 25, 2015, 2:10 p.m.

So, is Expresso black (like the sign in the video) or blue (like on the TrailForks map)?

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

Aug. 25, 2015, 2:22 p.m.

So, is Expresso black (like the sign in the video) or blue (like on the TrailForks map)?

Depends on your perspective.

But I'd go with mainly blue with a few short black features.

Aug. 25, 2015, 4:36 p.m.

Oh yeah I found a more recent vid I see what you mean………..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEseNkdywZ4

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

Sept. 6, 2015, 7:12 p.m.

Any reason why the road at Seventh smells like a concert portapotty line-up??? Does Grouse dump sewage down there? It's gross….

Sept. 6, 2015, 9:26 p.m.

Any reason why the road at Seventh smells like a concert portapotty line-up??? Does Grouse dump sewage down there? It's gross….

I noticed that this afternoon as well…

Sept. 7, 2015, 6:17 p.m.

I didn't notice nothin'!
7 runs great next time I'll run flats and hard armour and maybe not be such a pussy!
First look at it though since 2006 so……..then,
Expresso to Dempsey to car great ride!

Btw, the ride out BP from bottom of Expresso to Mtn. Highway, miserable or what? That's not a rhetorical question.