Fromme 2015 Conditions

July 31, 2015, 10:44 a.m.

I was up on Fromme last night [HTML_REMOVED] heard that the parking lot is now open.
I was also told that it is only open until 8:00pm, so make sure you get back in time from those post-work rides.

Yeah, I saw some cars parked there last night.

Crews were putting in a paved crosswalk/speed hump at the exit of Bobsled.

July 31, 2015, 10:55 a.m.

Crews were putting in a paved crosswalk/speed hump at the exit of Bobsled.

I hear they're gonna pave bobsled.

July 31, 2015, 11:02 a.m.

I was up on Fromme last night [HTML_REMOVED] heard that the parking lot is now open.
I was also told that it is only open until 8:00pm, so make sure you get back in time from those post-work rides.

8pm? Hope they extend that in June/July next summer, not cool for office drones like myself although I expect I'll still park lower down for Dempsey area/Griffin exits.

July 31, 2015, 11:34 a.m.

I hear they're gonna pave bobsled.

A covert team of paving ninjas went in and paved it last night under the cover of darkness. The guys that just ride Bobsled are now all out buying full slicks for their bikes.

July 31, 2015, 11:49 a.m.

Yep, 8 pm.

http://www.theprovince.com/travel/Mount+Fromme+parking+welcomed+trail+users+lockdown+raises+eyebrows/11250891/story.html

July 31, 2015, 12:41 p.m.

Ride up boys and girls it's always the best, earn the ride and quit being lazy.

The raw, primitive, unrefined trails that see little to no maintenance are the kinds of trails that really build skill. What kind of skills do you learn riding a trail that was made by a machine, groomed to perfection and void of any rocks, roots or other obstacles that could send you careening over the handlebars?

July 31, 2015, 2:07 p.m.

Going past Ladies last night, I saw that it was closed with the entrance taped off. Anyone know what's up?

July 31, 2015, 5:23 p.m.

Going past Ladies last night, I saw that it was closed with the entrance taped off. Anyone know what's up?

Digger closed it awhile ago for a few days when he used concrete to fix Bart`s bridge. He has been doing a fair bit of much appreciated stunt maintenance and overhaul in the last while.

I would imagine something similar is happening now.

Aug. 1, 2015, 4:27 p.m.

Rode the trail today as it is open. Indeed concrete work. The log leading up to the teeter totter/pond section has been smoothed/filled in with brown concrete. It is taped off and a mini hike around is currently required.

I just re-mastered that rutted log too! Oh well, it'll have a much higher probability of success now. I did fold a wheel in that log once…

The large log after the pond that was essentially impassable has been replaced with a nice new bridge too.

Yay for Todd and the NSMBA efforts!

Aug. 1, 2015, 5:59 p.m.

Rode the trail today as it is open. Indeed concrete work. The log leading up to the teeter totter/pond section has been smoothed/filled in with brown concrete. It is taped off and a mini hike around is currently required.

I just re-mastered that rutted log too! Oh well, it'll have a much higher probability of success now. I did fold a wheel in that log once…

The large log after the pond that was essentially impassable has been replaced with a nice new bridge too.

Yay for Todd and the NSMBA efforts!

Nice! I was up past that area earlier today [HTML_REMOVED] it was still taped off (9:30-ish?).

Also…the new parking lot was ready to go, but apparently the yellow gate was locked….did they eventually open it?

Aug. 1, 2015, 7:08 p.m.

The gate was still locked at 2pm. Boooooooooo:lemon:

Aug. 2, 2015, 7:49 a.m.

The gate was still locked at 2pm. Boooooooooo:lemon:

Damn, I want to do Griffen and Immonator shuttles all day. My ride will pick me up in front of Monica's house each time I'm done. Lol HI MONICA! :heart:

Aug. 4, 2015, 8:41 p.m.

Ladies Only was in great shape tonight…nice new woodwork, as well as a great deal of touch-up to the log/teeter-totter area….sure do miss the water, though.

Also….a black bear was sighted at the Griffen/Immonator junction as we climbed up at about 6:15. The bear was heading down Immonator….obviously old school bears prefer tech [HTML_REMOVED] skinnies.

edited to add: the new parking lot was getting some good use as it seemed about 50% occupied somewhere before 6:30.

Aug. 6, 2015, 8:32 p.m.

Rode 7th, Espresso and Bobsled today.

Some brake-bumps on Espresso and Bobsled. 7th has a few holes, but nothing too crazy.

It was nice to enjoy some tacky dirt.

Aug. 7, 2015, 8:29 p.m.

Rode 7th, Espresso and Bobsled today.

Some brake-bumps on Espresso and Bobsled. 7th has a few holes, but nothing too crazy.

It was nice to enjoy some tacky dirt.

I ride that same route today it was good fun. Only my second time up at Fromme. I'm liking that climb up compared to Burke!