Fromme 2015 Conditions

March 15, 2015, 2:33 p.m.

I linked most of the climbing trail up from Dempsey to the BP. It's awesome. It doesn't really ever flatten out like the ones in Squamish so there's definitely an extra measure of difficulty there. Good times. The new reroutes on the BP are awesome. That short up that's now a giant crib is so much better, and the reroute around that section of baby heads just east of the Pipeline terminus is very nice. I didn't realize quite how much I loathed that section until I looked down on it from the reroute and was glad I wasn't riding it. Amazing work out there.

I'm surprised the local NIMBYs aren't out in force objecting to the significant swath of forest that got cleared for the new parking lot. What about the frogs??? Oh wait. No more mountain bikers parked in front of my house? Problem solved.

There's nothing better than an Orangina after cheating death with Digger.

April 4, 2015, 10:18 p.m.

Nice big pedal today. What an exquisite job the NSMBA does. Seriously can't thank trailbuilders and volunteers enough!

April 5, 2015, 10:53 p.m.

Rode 7th and was impressed with the work done. Couple nice catch berms added and a few spots smoothed out, but it feels like largely the same trail (although I've only been riding it for a year so what do I know).

Great day out there today either way. Encountered a mom and her son trail running down Expresso, haven't seen that before but they were moving pretty fast.

April 17, 2015, 2:34 p.m.

From Trailforks re:Pennzoil

Trail in good shape. New reroutes opening Apr 25 - join the NSMBA for our Public Trail Day with CLIF bar.

Just wondering what's being rerouted? I ride Pennzoil at the end of almost every ride and I kind of enjoy the erosion fest sections.

May 8, 2015, 11:31 a.m.

Is there a scheduled completion date for the Fromme climbing trail?

May 8, 2015, 4:55 p.m.

Is there a scheduled completion date for the Fromme climbing trail?

This says early 2016:

http://www.trailforks.com/route/no-quarter-fromme-climbing-route/

May 11, 2015, 9:37 a.m.

Any ETA on the parking lot? The road signs mention spring 2015 and May. I was up yesterday and see they have blocks in for the retaining wall as well as a bunch of gravel.

Did 7th/Leopard/CC/Griffin. Running really well, was surprised how much work was done recently on Griffen, was a bit damp still but that's going to be an even faster trail now.

May 11, 2015, 9:42 a.m.

Last I had from DNV is mid June for parking lot completion.

I hope they are still on schedule as it affects when the first Fiver can move back over to Fromme.

May 14, 2015, 4:11 p.m.

Rode the new climber to the BP. It's awesome. I can almost make it this far in one shot.
Hit Grannies and Lower Crippler yesterday and Upper Crippler today. I hadn't been on UC in years. Both were running as well as could be expected: rough and gnarly. But dry and in good shape. Good times.

May 16, 2015, 4:28 p.m.

Rode the new climber for the first time today. It's a great trail. Definitely more demanding than the Squamish climbs Im used to. Will be nice when it's completed and there is no need for the hike a bike up Executioner. Conditions were pretty nice today. Fromme was also strangely quiet. Saw more hikers than bikers.

May 19, 2015, 9:50 a.m.

Went for a quick loop last night down Kirkford, lots of quality new work, can't say I like it though. Upper bit is built nice, should withstand traffic better, would have been nice to keep those two little drops. Those corners down the middle part though, is this a bike trail for ants? They are so small and awkward, I pity anyone on wagon wheels. At least the wooden roller coasters and log ride remain, for now. I miss the rock garden at the bottom too. Somehow I had more fun on Griffin which is much flatter but much more interesting. I guess it will add variety to the mountain for beginners.

May 22, 2015, 9:46 a.m.

Rode Floppy Bunny for the first time in a while, bit of new work has already been done including a wood roll in on the first drop which makes it easier. Fun warm-up lap as I hadn't been down there since last year.

After we did Pipeline to Dempsey/Pennzoil. Both in great shape, Pipeline is really fun as is the new work on Pennzoil. Was my first time riding the BP west to Dempsey.

May 22, 2015, 6:55 p.m.

Got worked on ladies, as per usual. Sweet times

May 22, 2015, 7:04 p.m.

Took a recon pass down Pink Starfish. Wow it must be ten years since I last rode it. It was super fun. Some of it is a bit blown out but many of the small and medium structures are still rideable including the switchback after the rock slab and the cable bridge. Good times.

It's not my favourite of the old gnar I've revisited lately but it was fun.

May 23, 2015, 7:42 p.m.

Went for a quick loop last night down Kirkford, lots of quality new work, can't say I like it though. Upper bit is built nice, should withstand traffic better, would have been nice to keep those two little drops. Those corners down the middle part though, is this a bike trail for ants? They are so small and awkward, I pity anyone on wagon wheels. At least the wooden roller coasters and log ride remain, for now. I miss the rock garden at the bottom too. Somehow I had more fun on Griffin which is much flatter but much more interesting. I guess it will add variety to the mountain for beginners.

I am totally with you on this. I met Pete on the trail the day all of the old school bits were cut out, and I have not been down it since, nor will I. The only reason I go so far down on MOST of my first rides is the wooden meat/features. If we lose that, the whole trail, in my opinion, should be just shut instead of softening its impact for beginner riders. Beginner riders have the Delta Watershed, the Seawall, Espresso, Bobsled and the Bridal Path to ride. Dumbing down everything else to placate the lowest common denominator is not progress, but change for sure, and not change that is going to lead to long term development and sustainability.