Fromme 2014 Conditions

Nov. 4, 2014, 9:10 a.m.

So how bad is it now? 86mm in 24 hours can't be good for the trails.

Shed head!

Nov. 4, 2014, 9:28 a.m.

Likely not good based on the new this morning:

story:
http://www.vancouversun.com/Homes+evacuated+after+flooding+North+Vancouver/10351613/story.html

pics:
http://www.vancouversun.com/news/metro/Photos+Heavy+rain+causes+North+Vancouver+flooding+evacuations/10352171/story.html

News radio was saying 5 creeks in North Van overflowed their banks flooding roads, yards [HTML_REMOVED] basements.

Nov. 4, 2014, 10:28 p.m.

Anyone know who's been working on the re-route on Crinkum Crankum? Rode on sunday and ended up on the new section where it forks (right side has drop, new left side has berms). I got all excited and went left it was absolute soup 2 corners in :( I feel I owe a day of trail work for this one. The rework has been awesome by the way.

checked on nsmba and it says the following
Crinkum Crankum [HTML_REMOVED] Kirkford Queens Cross Pub Peter Morin

So i'm not much further ahead

Nov. 5, 2014, 12:12 p.m.

Environment Canada has issued another rainfall warning for 50-70 mm overnight. yuck

Nov. 5, 2014, 5:54 p.m.

Anyone know who's been working on the re-route on Crinkum Crankum? Rode on sunday and ended up on the new section where it forks (right side has drop, new left side has berms). I got all excited and went left it was absolute soup 2 corners in :( I feel I owe a day of trail work for this one. The rework has been awesome by the way.

checked on nsmba and it says the following
Crinkum Crankum [HTML_REMOVED] Kirkford Queens Cross Pub Peter Morin

So i'm not much further ahead

Last week I spoke to Peter and he told me he did a bunch of new work on Kirkford lower down, but we never talked about Crinkum. All the work is super fresh so I'd stay off it if you can.

Nov. 5, 2014, 6:20 p.m.

Digger is rebuilding Griffen:
http://nsmba.ca/content/2014-11_sacre-davey-engineering-funds-griffen-restoration

Thanks to Sacre-Davey Engineering for the support!

More details on the NSMBA FB page.

Nov. 6, 2014, 6:20 p.m.

Last week I spoke to Peter and he told me he did a bunch of new work on Kirkford lower down, but we never talked about Crinkum. All the work is super fresh so I'd stay off it if you can.

Ok that must of been what I was on. I always get them mixed up. I made the mistake of going down the new section so I had to go real slow

Nov. 6, 2014, 7:07 p.m.

saw them working on griffen the other day… I personally hope they dont drastically change that bridge as per the webpage photos. Its a good challenge on the climb up. And if you rock immonator on the way down, its a fun little skinny drop (for the lamers like me). Otherwise, they are doing such a sweet job, and I guess its all memories

Nov. 9, 2014, 9:58 p.m.

For anyone insane enough to ride Grannies at the moment, there's a pretty big trunk down over the trail before the Crippler turn-off.

treezz
wow you are a ass

Nov. 9, 2014, 10:44 p.m.

Went for a pedal today…. Lots of sections of erosion from all of the water coming down. Bottom of Natural High, sections of KOTS, and some parts of the Griffen climb have seen some gold wash away. A few more holes on Expresso as well. Guess it's not as dumbed down anymore. The haters can celebrate!!

Nov. 10, 2014, 1:06 a.m.

UOC was in great condition today. LOC pretty good, although I can never figure out if I go the wrong way or not….I started at the start and finish at the finished so guess that's what counts!

treezz
wow you are a ass

Nov. 11, 2014, 2:58 p.m.

Tuesday Nov 11: Blowdown on Ladies, four places.

First is about 200 yards downhill from Bart's Bridge (4th switchback). I cleared the branches and moved the trunk as best I could so that riders should be able to get by staying on the trail. I would have liked to move it another couple of feet, but I could not lift it over a stump that is in the way. A couple of young strong guys should be able to shift it another foot or so. Or it could be dealt with using a hand saw. Its about 8 inches in diameter.

Second is a 4 foot section of trunk, about 2.5 feet in diameter; too heavy for me to move. This one is on the flat section before the uphill to the Big Stupid split.

Third is the big one, covering the A-frame at the start of the uphill section leading to the Big Stupid split. This one needs a saw to clear.

Last one is just after the Big Stupid sign. Branches are cleared, but the trunk was too big for me to lift. Its also about 8 inches in diameter.

Lower Ladies is clear.

Nov. 11, 2014, 8:28 p.m.

Leopard in good condition all things considered. Crinkum is running very nicely. The new work on Kirkford is sooooooo much fun and the trail is running really well.
Floppy, natural high and griffens are also in good shape. Lots of people out today and Expresso was clearly the run of the day based on the 30+ who went down it as we did some maintenance prior to riding leopard.

Cold and sunny forecast the rest of the week. Night riding should be pretty fantastic :D:D

Nov. 11, 2014, 9:41 p.m.

Tuesday Nov 11: Blowdown on Ladies, four places.

Third is the big one, covering the A-frame at the start of the uphill section leading to the Big Stupid split. This one needs a saw to clear.

This one is a major pain to get around/over because it fell along the direction of the trail, so you have to climb over all it's branches. From what I could see, it looked like the A-Frame survived underneath it though.

Last one is just after the Big Stupid sign. Branches are cleared, but the trunk was too big for me to lift. Its also about 8 inches in diameter.

I was able to lift this one up and over the stump on the right of the trail tonight. It's still sticking up a bit but is out of the way.

-hps

Nov. 12, 2014, 8:10 a.m.

strava was rolling hard yesterday.