Fromme 2014 Conditions

Oct. 27, 2014, 3:38 p.m.

the climbing trail was clear of debris Friday morning; so it was pretty recently done.

Oct. 27, 2014, 5:22 p.m.

the climbing trail was clear of debris Friday morning; so it was pretty recently done.

If it helps pin this idiot down, I was on the trail shortly after midday on Saturday when I noticed the debris…

Oct. 28, 2014, 10:12 p.m.

lots of slats broken and missing on stunts on ladies, still ridable.

Oct. 29, 2014, 10:55 a.m.

i noticed last weekend a number of the lower trails (kots, upper griffen, bobsled) were closed for trail work. anyone know if they're all still closed? hoping to head out for a ride with the little guy after school today if the sun holds

"Nobody really gives a shit that you don't like the thing that you have no firsthand experience with." Dave

Oct. 29, 2014, 3:39 p.m.

^^ rode up kots, was nice, new re route at the bottom. did a 7th to the bottom thing, then did a bobsled and froppy to finish it off, also rode well. That was on Monday.

Oct. 30, 2014, 9:10 a.m.

i noticed last weekend a number of the lower trails (kots, upper griffen, bobsled) were closed for trail work. anyone know if they're all still closed? hoping to head out for a ride with the little guy after school today if the sun holds

I rode yesterday bobsled and was open. I don't know if the others are open.

Also, thanks to whoever cleaned the exit of Kirkford!

Nov. 1, 2014, 7:21 p.m.

expresso and bobsled are both pretty soft in places. Digger was up working on the first today. I feel like alot of the dirt on bobsled hasn't gotten a chance to set in yet. Could a jumping jack and tiger torch be used to speed up the process?

Nov. 1, 2014, 9:02 p.m.

expresso and bobsled are both pretty soft in places. Did was up working on the first today. I feel like alot of the dirt on bobsled hasn't gotten a chance to set in yet. Could a jumping jack and tiger torch be used to speed up the process?

What most people don't seem to get it is, riding a trail AFTER a trail day is not the best time… most work, especially on trails with lots of dirt, needs time to settle in. Like a rain/dry rotation…

ie - work gets done, it settles, it gets rained on… it dries out… THEN its good to go!

ie TIME.

http://mtbtrails.ca/ Author of Locals' Guide to North Shore Rides and Locals' Guide to Fraser Valley Rides.

Follow us on Twitter and Instagram

Nov. 1, 2014, 9:28 p.m.

I feel like alot of the dirt on bobsled hasn't gotten a chance to set in yet.

It hasn't. Give it one and it won't set in with deep tire grooves like the Burnaby mtn skills park had after it finally hardened up after a winter of people riding the soft dirt.

Nov. 2, 2014, 11:06 p.m.

I'm suggesting using a jumping jack to speed up the process. I would help supply

Nov. 3, 2014, 7:18 a.m.

I'm suggesting using a jumping jack to speed up the process. I would help supply

How much does one of those weigh? I've been thinking some sort of mechanical compaction would help with trail work.

Nov. 3, 2014, 2:11 p.m.

How about just leaving bobsled closed?

We rode it on friday night and it clearly shouldn't have been opened…. At that point a ton of people had ridden it. I thought the whole point of it being closed was because it was going to bibically rain after all the work that had been done. What's happening right now? And tomorrow when it clears up a bit it will get hammered on again, followed by 2 more days of downpour…

Nov. 3, 2014, 4:45 p.m.

How about just leaving bobsled closed?

We rode it on friday night and it clearly shouldn't have been opened…. At that point a ton of people had ridden it. I thought the whole point of it being closed was because it was going to bibically rain after all the work that had been done. What's happening right now? And tomorrow when it clears up a bit it will get hammered on again, followed by 2 more days of downpour…

+1

I also rode Bobsled on Friday night and realized part-way down that it was a mistake. I did not know about any recent work done to it or I would not have been there. Sounds like a temporary trail closure may have been in order.

How about a list of trails that handle the monsoons well and won't get beat down? Some of the trails that come to mind are Ned's, 7th, and maybe Pipeline. Anyone have any more recommendations for wet-weather trails?

Nov. 3, 2014, 5:13 p.m.

How about a list of trails that handle the monsoons well and won't get beat down? Some of the trails that come to mind are Ned's, 7th, and maybe Pipeline. Anyone have any more recommendations for wet-weather trails?

http://bb.nsmb.com/showthread.php?t=160700

Nov. 3, 2014, 5:24 p.m.

I was planning on riding 7th to pipeline wednesday night. There were flocks on all mountain/ enduro riders heading down in out sunday as well.