Fromme 2014 Conditions

Sept. 15, 2014, 9:48 a.m.

It's almost too dry out there.

There's nothing better than an Orangina after cheating death with Digger.

Sept. 15, 2014, 11:34 a.m.

Tree down on Grannies, close to the top - at the A-Frame just before the crippler turn off. Big ol rotten one that will need a chainsaw.

Sept. 15, 2014, 7:36 p.m.

Thanks to whoever nailed all those little planks back onto the immonator skinnies.

Sept. 17, 2014, 4:04 p.m.

DONT BRAID EXPRESSO, THE ALIGNMENT IS PERFECT THE WAY IT IS.

Oct. 2, 2014, 3:56 p.m.

Thanks to whoever nailed all those little planks back onto the immonator skinnies.

Those planks are starting to fall off again. It's going to be tough to keep those little rungs from getting destroyed. May I suggest a dirt covered skinny rebuild?

And thanks to those who re-routed lower KOTS and threw fresh dirt on Bobsled.

Oct. 5, 2014, 9:04 p.m.

Tried riding Grannies for the first time today… think I got a little lost though. I followed that pipeline thing straight down from the trailhead down a pretty rocky path and ended up on a trail that ended up intersecting Expresso… is this Grannies or did I take a wrong turn at some point?

Oct. 5, 2014, 10:30 p.m.

Tried riding Grannies for the first time today… think I got a little lost though. I followed that pipeline thing straight down from the trailhead down a pretty rocky path and ended up on a trail that ended up intersecting Expresso… is this Grannies or did I take a wrong turn at some point?

Ya you were supposed to turn right before the pipeline turns more steeply downhill. It kind of switches back on itself.

Oct. 6, 2014, 8:33 a.m.

Ya you were supposed to turn right before the pipeline turns more steeply downhill. It kind of switches back on itself.

Thanks - will have to give it another try sometime soon.

Oct. 6, 2014, 11:28 a.m.

There's a pretty big tree fallen across the bottom of Dempsey. It's maybe 200m up from the bottom.

Oct. 22, 2014, 2:22 p.m.

Hello, first message!:clap:

Big tree down on the way out from Kirkford to Mtn Hwy. You need to go through the branches to carry on, not that easy.
The end of Kirkford was full of big logs too. I clean all that but for the big one is required a chainsaw.

Oct. 25, 2014, 3:38 p.m.

Trail dick has moved onto a new trail. Tree's dragged on to the new Skid Row Climbing Trail. There was about 5 or 6 dumps of crap on the trail. Thanks to the Runner who passed me to help clean them up.

In the bottom image - the logs were actually spiked together, making it a pretty heavy lift to get off the trail.

Oct. 26, 2014, 1:58 p.m.

Trail dick has moved onto a new trail. Tree's dragged on to the new Skid Row Climbing Trail. There was about 5 or 6 dumps of crap on the trail. Thanks to the Runner who passed me to help clean them up.

In the bottom image - the logs were actually spiked together, making it a pretty heavy lift to get off the trail.

Shit this is concerning

Oct. 27, 2014, 10:50 a.m.

Shit this is concerning

Yeah. Someone with a vendetta.

There was 1 tree down across Lower Dreamweaver yesterday (below skid road) that would need a saw to clear. It looked like deadfall, not vandalism.

Oct. 27, 2014, 2:04 p.m.

might have been spiked together before somneone dragged them onto the trail. Helps prevent the corner from being cut.

just keep on clearing stuff and keeping an eye out on lower fromme. Eventually we'll identify them just like the OG cypress nazi. Until then, its just a minor inconvenience.

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40

Oct. 27, 2014, 2:54 p.m.

I was the runner…I didn't notice the stuff nailed together but I did clear two separate bunches of branches plus an old downed trunk which had been dragged over one if the switchbacks.

Just an FYI re: Dreamweaver….maybe 100 metres or so west of the Executionner exit, there's a small tree tipped over the trail ( this does look like wind damage). It will only require a handsaw to cut thru to 4" branches but they are at neck level and just around a blind corner on a downhill section.

I doubt that section of trail actually gets that many riders but just in case…