Fromme 2014 Conditions

April 17, 2014, 11:27 a.m.

Long term goal is 6th.

Currently it's to the high point on the BP just west of Boundary.

With the Skid Road Reroute it will make a great bonus 1/2 lap. Once you ride down something like Expresso or LOC to the BP you can continue down DB a bit then climb back up to the BP and then add Lower Dreamweaver onto a ride.

So if you came down Espresso you'd head west on the BP then turn downhill on the Dempsey trail and pedal across St. Mary's then up the climbing trail to the BP just west of Boundary (and eventually all the way up to the 6th)? Did I get this right? If so, this is awesome news. This will add so many interesting options.

There's nothing better than an Orangina after cheating death with Digger.

April 17, 2014, 11:28 a.m.

With the Skid Road Reroute it will make a great bonus 1/2 lap. Once you ride down something like Expresso or LOC to the BP you can continue down DB a bit then climb back up to the BP and then add Lower Dreamweaver onto a ride.

Sweet, that sounds great. Having a proper climbing trail to access the half lap will be really nice.

April 17, 2014, 11:42 a.m.

So if you came down Espresso you'd head west on the BP then turn downhill on the Dempsey trail and pedal across St. Mary's then up the climbing trail to the BP just west of Boundary (and eventually all the way up to the 6th)? Did I get this right? If so, this is awesome news. This will add so many interesting options.

Well not yet…but after May 3rd if enough people come out to the Trail Day and all the work needed to finish it up gets done.

April 18, 2014, 7:03 p.m.

The small booter at the end of Big Stupid is broken. Still there, but the frame is broken. Probably won't support a bike anymore.

"Constant rage: could people f*cking up all the time be to blame?" - The Onion

April 19, 2014, 10:24 p.m.

Might be a dumb question…The name Big Stupid used to refer to a rock roll on the trail Ladies Only. Now it refers to the whole bottom half of Ladies Only. Is that correct?

Thread killer

April 20, 2014, 7:37 a.m.

Might be a dumb question…The name Big Stupid used to refer to a rock roll on the trail Ladies Only. Now it refers to the whole bottom half of Ladies Only. Is that correct?

Correct. The line to the original rock roll is still there, but I would guess that most do the new re-route. I think that The Big Stupid now starts at the top of the climb at the end of Ladies.

"Constant rage: could people f*cking up all the time be to blame?" - The Onion

April 23, 2014, 11:16 a.m.

Expresso re rout. Perhaps we can call this trail The Timmy Hoe trail?
The new trail rocks! I rode the bottom bit that is being completed.
Sorry if I poached the unfinished part. Much smoother than the rooty chunder.
The trail is in excellent shape. Now it is very close to complete top to bottom.
Granted I defend the gnar so to speak. Timmy Hoe trail is a dramatic improvement over the old punched out Expresso.

common sense…..Whats common about sense?!

April 23, 2014, 11:53 a.m.

Long term goal is 6th.

question: What's "DB" ? thanks.

April 23, 2014, 12:11 p.m.

Sorta. Ladies used to go left at the top of the hill (that section might be closed now). Big Stupid technically was/is a separate trail that goes right and has the Big Stupid rock roll with the Big Stupid Bypass going around it. But its pretty much considered part of Ladies now.

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40

April 23, 2014, 12:42 p.m.

question: What's "DB" ? thanks.

Dempsey/Braemar. That trail starts at that street intersection where three cars can park, then attaches to the old St Mary's trail, you go west along St Mary's and cut up hill just before the bridge to climb up to Baden Powell. Perhaps the bottom section is referred to as St Mary's? Not sure.

Debate? Bikes are made for riding not pushing.

April 23, 2014, 2:42 p.m.

Hi There, brand new to this Forum.
From Canmore Alberta but ride at Fromme as much as I can (4-5 times/yr)
im driving out to Vancouver tomorrow and just wondering if anyone could update me on trail conditions, mainly Seventh, Ladies, Espresso, Oil Can, Pipeline, the classics. I was planning to ride Friday and then Monday/Tuesday on my way back through.
I've been looking at web cams in the area and watching the weather, it has been looking fairly wet? Just wanted some Intel from someone on the ground.
Thank You kindly
Mike

April 23, 2014, 2:51 p.m.

100% chance of weather. the classics you mention should be wet, but good to go. Stick to the rocky trails and bring a change of clothes.

http://vancouver.weatherpage.ca/

that's my most reliable forecast. Sunny at my office in Delta, but last night was pouring on the shore.

April 23, 2014, 9:04 p.m.

Long term goal is 6th.

This is not a climbing trail to the 6th and people should stop calling it that on the internet.
It is a small reroute of the old Skid Rd which is an eroded old skidder that some people used to get to the BP. It will now give climbable access to the BP.
For anyone who wants to know the future of trails, join us at the Town Hall meeting May 13.

Holy crap, don't you guys talk????

:ohthedrama::ohthedrama::ohthedrama::ohthedrama::ohthedrama::ohthedrama::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::flame::flame::stupid::stupid::stupid::stupid:

good to know we can ride down it.

formally wernie

April 23, 2014, 10:40 p.m.

Hi There, brand new to this Forum.
From Canmore Alberta but ride at Fromme as much as I can (4-5 times/yr)
im driving out to Vancouver tomorrow and just wondering if anyone could update me on trail conditions, mainly Seventh, Ladies, Espresso, Oil Can, Pipeline, the classics. I was planning to ride Friday and then Monday/Tuesday on my way back through.
I've been looking at web cams in the area and watching the weather, it has been looking fairly wet? Just wanted some Intel from someone on the ground.
Thank You kindly
Mike

Rode 7th and Pipeline tonight and the wood is nice and greasy but the rocky sections are just fine. The skinny over the stream crossing is super slick and I made the mistake of coming into it too quick. A pretty cold ride the rest of the evening.
Lower trails are fine save for a couple of puddles.
SIDE NOTE - I saw quite a few people cutting high off of the trail on bobsled to avoid the puddles…seriously…just ride through them….

April 24, 2014, 8:18 a.m.

Awesome, thanks for the info. Don't worry, I will ride through the puddles.
I was impressed at how quick someone made the connection to "Mike from Canmore", they even posted a classic photo!