Fromme 2014 Conditions

April 24, 2014, 8:27 a.m.

Awesome, thanks for the info. Don't worry, I will ride through the puddles.
I was impressed at how quick someone made the connection to "Mike from Canmore", they even posted a classic photo!

Deleted it since I thought it might be lost on most people.

April 27, 2014, 4:38 p.m.

I rode Lower Crippler today for the first time in over a year. There's some new gold down on the top bit and the same old chunder lower down. The bridge across the creek 2/3 of the way down remains broken in half, and the coaster appears to be missing a couple rungs.

However it's still a really sweet line and I forgot how fun it is. It has some great rock features without being as game-on as Skull or Lower Ladies. I'd love to see it returned to glory and hope it isn't slated to be reclaimed by nature. I'm happy to put my money where my mouth is and help with this.

April 28, 2014, 12:20 p.m.

I got the permit for Lower Crippler at the end of last year, and have been going up there every 2 or 3 weeks to do some work. So far I've just been closing braids and doing some basic drainage, but am now beginning to fix up the trail bed, and will be re-building all of the woodwork in due course.

Any help would be appreciated, so if you're wanting to help out, just PM me with your e-mail adrress and I'll give you a shout whenever I'm planning on heading up there.

April 28, 2014, 4:57 p.m.

Managed to get out for a ride last Saturday and rode TNT and Dales. Some really nice work on both trails. Thanks for fantastic trails.

April 29, 2014, 2:48 p.m.

Made the trip to the Shore from Canmore, it was worth the 10hr drive both ways. it was warm and sunny and everything was fairly dry. The work on Espresso is awesome! Rode some stuff on Seymour for the first time, some really cool wood that looks like its been there for 30 years! Cant wait to get back. How come CBC is closed? still too wet? I was secretly not upset as I was riding up the pavement and wanted to kill myself by the 5km marker. I plan to get out this summer during one or two of the trail work days, the trails there are so unique and different to anything in Alberta, you guys are extremely lucky!

April 30, 2014, 10:27 p.m.

Keep your eyes open out there. Apparent sabotage on Lower Dreamwever. This bridge was in perfect condition a few days ago. The missing rungs were thrown off to the side of the trail.

May 28, 2014, 11:21 a.m.

Anyone ridden 7th recently? Curious what kind of condition it's in? Thanks.

Pain is temporary; quitting lasts forever.

May 28, 2014, 1:12 p.m.

^^ should be same as always, definitely no snow

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40

May 28, 2014, 9:37 p.m.

^^ should be same as always, definitely no snow

Yep, it's been good to go for a long while.

This shot was from April 6, just before 7th. Even then, 7th was good to go - no snow on the trail, just the road.

May 29, 2014, 11:11 p.m.

Anyone know where the heron has got to, I didn't see him when I hiked up Ladies last time, do Herons migrate? :)

:scotland:

June 5, 2014, 6:49 p.m.

Anyone know where the heron has got to, I didn't see him when I hiked up Ladies last time, do Herons migrate? :)

I rode Lower Crippler last night and saw that someone has taken the "Retaining Wall" sign.

I know that it's probably safe and sound on someone's mantle piece, or being used a decorative place mat, but seriously, WTF!?!

…maybe I should take the Ladies' teeter totter and turn it into a fucking spice rack or something…

June 5, 2014, 7:01 p.m.

This is why we can't have nice things. Oil can sign, gone Executioner sign, gone last time I was there. So frustrating, and I only buy a nsmba membership. Think about how pissed the people that put that stuff there are right now. Unless they removed it.

June 8, 2014, 10:38 p.m.

anyone know why they dumped all the torn up asphalt right in front of natural high? Completely ruined the entrance and I'm not really sure why… The bridge was just rebuilt and there's nothing wrong with the trail.

June 8, 2014, 10:56 p.m.

anyone know why they dumped all the torn up asphalt right in front of natural high? Completely ruined the entrance and I'm not really sure why… The bridge was just rebuilt and there's nothing wrong with the trail.

To save the environment of the steep forested shores of the Vancouver river?

Pastor of Muppets

June 8, 2014, 10:59 p.m.

I thought it might have something to do with that parking lot they wanna put in? But shit place to put it.

BCpov on YouTube

www.instagram.com/BCPov

www.facebook.com/BCpov