Fromme 2014 Conditions

April 6, 2014, 3:43 p.m.

I rode Pipeline for the first time in a while and was pleased to see some new wide, elevated woodwork near the top, right before the optional ramp sequence. Also, the elevated ramp along the skid road just before the big teeter has been removed. The trail was running great and was an excellent test for the RM demo bike's chunder abilities.

7th is snow-free but pretty much a running creek.

April 6, 2014, 5:06 p.m.

First attempt up the Braemar climb. Humbling but went better than expected. Wasn't the running river I thought it would be.

The climb up to Seventh was pretty much all clear. Seventh was super wet up top but was fine once you get to that turn at the edge of the ravine.

Espresso was beyond epic. Huge thanks to whoever is working on that! It's amazing.

There's nothing better than an Orangina after cheating death with Digger.

April 7, 2014, 12:55 p.m.

First attempt up the Braemar climb. Humbling but went better than expected. Wasn't the running river I thought it would be.

The climb up to Seventh was pretty much all clear. Seventh was super wet up top but was fine once you get to that turn at the edge of the ravine.

Espresso was beyond epic. Huge thanks to whoever is working on that! It's amazing.

Did almost the same lap yesterday. Started at the lot on the bottom of Dempsey. Where did you climb up? We started up Braemar, found a few sections of the climbing trail but lost it near the bottom of Lower Crippler. We went back to the bottom of Penzoil and walked/rode up that[HTML_REMOVED] Next time I was going to try climbing up the road to Dempsey trail and using that to sync up to the BP.

The only way I think we could have gone was left of Braemar trail (before the Crippler bottom), the climbing trail looked to go left, but we would be going downhill, which seemed wrong.

Also, Expresso was beyond sick yesterday! I can't wait for that new bottom work to be done. The sync-up from the bottom of 7th makes for an amazing top to bottom.

April 8, 2014, 12:37 p.m.

I also did 7th to Espresso yesterday. 7th was a creek in spots but still worth it. Espresso was great until the blown out mess at the bottom.

April 10, 2014, 2:01 p.m.

Anyone been down Dreamweaver lately? Too swampy still?

April 10, 2014, 2:49 p.m.

Anyone been down Dreamweaver lately? Too swampy still?

I rode it about a week ago. It seemed dry enough, though more eroded than I remembered. I was on my hardtail though so any roughness was brought to my attention. Riding it last summer on my AM bike, I had memories of a smooth, switchbacking carpet but that was not my experience last week.

April 10, 2014, 4:45 p.m.

Was fine on Tuesday. Running nice.

April 11, 2014, 7:44 a.m.

Is there still snow on 7th and the road near it? Thanks.

April 11, 2014, 8:11 a.m.

Is there still snow on 7th and the road near it? Thanks.

7th is good to go. The trail is snow-free. There were a couple of patches on the road last weekend but you could ride the whole way.

April 11, 2014, 8:48 a.m.

Great conditions all the way from the top. Even executioner is running great. But it's rough this year, seems to be a lot rougher than last year. It's a good time on a trail bike.

April 14, 2014, 10:43 p.m.

Thanks DC. Will head up tomorrow night.

April 15, 2014, 10:57 a.m.

Rode leopard and pipeline last night for the first time this year and had a stupid grin the whole way down! Conditions are unreal! Woodwork is dry and I think I saw 1 (maybe 2) "damp" spots up high.
Lower Mtn trails (bobsled, floppy, griffens, natural high, kots) are super awesome! Nice to see all of the woodwark on Natural High in pristine condition! First time in a while I've run the higher ramps with confidence. :D:D:D
A massive props to all of those who've been working on these trails!

April 17, 2014, 10:14 a.m.

Anyone know when that new climbing trail is supposed to open?

Good Question!

Looks like soon!

From the NSMBA newsletter:
Trail Day May 3
Join us on Saturday May 3 on Fromme to help open the Skid Rd Reroute. Hosted by our friends MEC, expect a solid morning of work followed by some great eats!
Meet up time is 8:30am at the top of St. Mary's Ave.

http://mtbtrails.ca/ Author of Locals' Guide to North Shore Rides and Locals' Guide to Fraser Valley Rides.

Follow us on Twitter and Instagram

April 17, 2014, 10:23 a.m.

Good Question!

Looks like soon!

From the NSMBA newsletter:
Trail Day May 3
Join us on Saturday May 3 on Fromme to help open the Skid Rd Reroute. Hosted by our friends MEC, expect a solid morning of work followed by some great eats!
Meet up time is 8:30am at the top of St. Mary's Ave.

Is the plan for it to go all the way up to the 6th or to BP?

April 17, 2014, 11:21 a.m.

Is the plan for it to go all the way up to the 6th or to BP?

Long term goal is 6th.

Currently it's to the high point on the BP just west of Boundary.

With the Skid Road Reroute it will make a great bonus 1/2 lap. Once you ride down something like Expresso or LOC to the BP you can continue down DB a bit then climb back up to the BP and then add Lower Dreamweaver onto a ride.