Fromme 2014 Conditions

Nov. 19, 2014, 10:37 p.m.

Wow!! I feel like I had the entire mountain to myself this evening! There weren't any cars with racks when I parked at 5:30 (Coleman). No other bobbing lights to be seen heading up. Pipeline was just plain awesome! The new bridgework is super fun and the rocks are super dry and grippy! BP is running well. Rode back up and hit bobsled for the first time in a while….OMG:damn: those new berms are amazing! Finished on Griffens and they're also in great shape!!

I'm very surprised there was NO ONE up there tonight! Normally the dark and quiet doesn't bug me but I've usually seen other riders. Tonight it was a bit eerie….

Nov. 22, 2014, 9:36 p.m.

Lots of smiles going around today on the mountain! Every person I spoke to/saw finishing a trail was just plain psyched!!:scream::scream:
Rode Kirkford and Crinkum Crankum followed by a bobsled lap. Save for a couple streams at the bottom of CC, I was amazed by the awesome drainage work! A serious testament to the recent trail building efforts on those (and other) trails.
Hopefully another good day tomorrow (on Seymour) and then I can finally break out the skis……

Nov. 22, 2014, 9:39 p.m.

big tree smashed into the last bridge on griffen switchbacks. the posts are sheared at the base, and the joists are the only thing holding it up. Bit of a trampoline. Im surprised the bridge held together!!

Props to Kirkford builder (Pete?)! I saw you driving out when I was on the road with my dog. Cheers!

Surprising indeed. Makes me wonder why I rode this?

Oh, right! I'm stupid!

Nov. 29, 2014, 9:19 p.m.

Any updates on conditions? Curious what the trails are like after the snowfall.

Nov. 29, 2014, 11:13 p.m.

It's cold. Maybe an inch of snow around the whole mountain.

Went down executioner. Was slick in spots. Grippy in others. Had a bit of an off after hitting an off angle root.

Climb is quite frozen but you can ride the whole thing no problems.

BCpov on YouTube

www.instagram.com/BCPov

www.facebook.com/BCpov

Nov. 30, 2014, 9:41 p.m.

Rode Expresso today - not too bad, but enough frost on the trail to keep speed in check. Woodwork was pretty sketchy though - very icy.

Dec. 1, 2014, 1:02 p.m.

big piece of deadfall down across dreamweaver, a few hundred meters before it hits, uh, skid road? st. mary's? too big for a handsaw or to be moved by a small group, will probably have to be bucked

"Nobody really gives a shit that you don't like the thing that you have no firsthand experience with." Dave

Dec. 1, 2014, 5:21 p.m.

Anybody been up to 7th since the snow?

Dec. 1, 2014, 8:31 p.m.

big piece of deadfall down across dreamweaver, a few hundred meters before it hits, uh, skid road? st. mary's? too big for a handsaw or to be moved by a small group, will probably have to be bucked

Just build a ladder bridge over it that's what they are for.

The raw, primitive, unrefined trails that see little to no maintenance are the kinds of trails that really build skill. What kind of skills do you learn riding a trail that was made by a machine, groomed to perfection and void of any rocks, roots or other obstacles that could send you careening over the handlebars?

Dec. 4, 2014, 11:37 a.m.

Is this weather system thawing everything out?

There's nothing better than an Orangina after cheating death with Digger.

Dec. 4, 2014, 12:42 p.m.

Is this weather system thawing everything out?

Yep. Lots of rain, highs of 8c. Looks like the snow will all but disappear but the end of the weekend.

Dec. 5, 2014, 6:44 p.m.

Did anyone ride today? Trying to decide tomorrow plans.

Dec. 6, 2014, 9:18 a.m.

things are a bit wet and soft…..
especailly new work (krinkum, upper griffen, etc on east side)

Dec. 6, 2014, 9:25 a.m.

After a freeze thaw event, I'm letting the trails rest. Especially any recent work.

Dec. 14, 2014, 8:33 a.m.

The DNV have closed Lower Crippler between St. Mary's and the Braemar-Crippler Connector until they can fix the broken bridge (early next year). Signs have been put up on either side of the bridge.