Fromme 2013 Conditions (merged)

Nov. 19, 2013, 1:43 p.m.

^^ you could always ask if you can adopt it. Looks like LSCR land.

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40

Nov. 19, 2013, 11:12 p.m.

^^ you could always ask if you can adopt it. Looks like LSCR land.

Damn, good idea !

Nov. 20, 2013, 12:44 p.m.

Thinking of a night ride tonight around 7ish. Any takers? Anyone been up since the rain (snow)? Probably won't go any higher than Kirkford. Would consider Pipeline but I haven't ridden it in the dark before and am hesitant to do so when it might be slick.

Nov. 20, 2013, 11:36 p.m.

Went for my ride tonight and the conditions were PRIMO!!! Bobsled and Floppy were super sticky and the woodwork wasn't too slick either (although took the big berm on bobsled pretty slow after my last encounter). Rode up to check out Kirkford and that new line is pretty tight! Dirt was almost frozen up there and was like Velcro for the tires! Really fun line and big props to the builder(s)!
The re-route on bobsled is definitely in line with the rest of the trail. I do wish the old line was salvageable but won't be heart-broken if it's permanently decommissioned. Again, a great job was done by builders and volunteers!!

Would like to see some big systems move and drop a ton of white stuff up high, but having to ride in these conditions make the waiting very tolerable.

Nov. 21, 2013, 12:21 a.m.

Rode Bobsled, Espresso, Natural High and Immonator Thursday. Bobsled was good, the woodwork is definitely cold but not slippery. The top 1/4 of Espresso is starting to freeze. Frozen mud pits, and frost is starting to form on the woodwork. 2-3 rungs missing from the entrance skinny.

The Espresso, Lower Ladies, Skull and Pipeline signs are missing, along with the ones that were stolen last month. Not sure if it's a related incident or not, but the Brodie bike on Espresso has been moved.

:japan:

Nov. 21, 2013, 6:10 p.m.

Hey just wanted to reiterate that last point on expresso as there is a tap day coming up. There are nails sticking up where the rungs used to be. Not sure what the priorities are for sunday but it would be nice to see the rungs on the down ramp replaced for another decade of a fantastic start to a trail.

We are talking about the very first stunt on expresso, the "gate" ladder.

Beow Beow….. be be boew boew. boh boh. beow beow…… repeat:rave:

Nov. 22, 2013, 7:32 p.m.

Executioner free of snow?

Shed head!

Nov. 22, 2013, 9:20 p.m.

Was last saturday, I don't think it has rained / snowed since

Shredding hypothetical gnarr

Nov. 28, 2013, 2:34 p.m.

Does anyone know where the snowline is? Are things cold and dry or slippery now?

There's nothing better than an Orangina after cheating death with Digger.

Nov. 28, 2013, 2:40 p.m.

^^ fairly high, probably near the top of 7th. Mostly dry conditions.

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40

Nov. 28, 2013, 3:44 p.m.

youll see small patches of snow at 7th. nothing that will stop you.

BCpov on YouTube

www.instagram.com/BCPov

www.facebook.com/BCpov

Nov. 30, 2013, 7:39 p.m.

There was no snow at 7th today. Trails were wet but good (we went down 7th to Leppard to KK). It was raining pretty hard when we were done.

If we're all in agreement that Executioner shouldn't be ridden in the wet can we put up a closure sign? There were a few guys gearing up to ride it today. I made small talk with them about how sloppy and torn up the soft trails would get riding them today and they didn't think much of it. I wasn't interested in having a confrontation with them about the merits of riding more armoured trails in the rain.

There's nothing better than an Orangina after cheating death with Digger.

Dec. 1, 2013, midnight

Rode 7th and Exceutioner today. 7th was great, bit of standing water, bit of a creek on the trail after the entrance. Executioner was fine, no more wet than 7th, some standing surface water, nothing mucky yet that would damage the trail.

Some nice bits of work on Executioner over the past few months. Dreamweaver below BP and St Mary's are benefitting from the work done, nice to have an option once you hit BP.

Dec. 1, 2013, 1:57 p.m.

Rode ladies (original line, exiting at the start of lower ladies). A bit of standing water but otherwise trail was in good shape. Followed down to Skull which was in great shape. ,

Dec. 3, 2013, 5:41 p.m.

7th was great today. The puddles are all frozen and the ground is fairly dry. The rock and dirt sections are running well but the frost and ice-covered roots and woodwork are pretty sketchy. I definitely went slower than I normally do. On a side note, it was cold enough to freeze the grease in my freehub and make the pawls slip. Gotta change to a lighter weight grease.