Fromme 2013 Conditions (merged)

May 10, 2013, 9:35 a.m.

Concerning the stunts on Digger. When I was working on that trail, I didnt anticipate moving to Germany for such a long time. I really wish I could be in Vancouver right now, but sometimes life takes you places you didnt anticipate. I know that wood stunts are pretty controversial right now, and I understand why. I never wanted to cause any trouble for the NSMBA/trail advocacy groups etc etc - just wanted to make some low-stakes fun skinnies and fix up a trail. I had a blast doing it, and I am honored to have been allowed to work on the NS trails. Would I do it again? Probably not.

So. If ANYONE riding Digger notices something wrong with any of the stunts, please, please kick out the entrance to the structure. All of the stuff I built (and I didnt build everything on that trail) is optional, so it wont change the basic trail. You dont have to disassemble the entire thing - I built it, and I will clean it up. Just prevent it from being ridden. I can then either take care of it next time Im in Vancouver, or arrange for someone to do it if time is pressing.
In short, anyone reading this is hereby deputized to take out any feature on Digger.

Long time no see Bro!

It was sad to here from Karen you had moved away.

I spoke with the District this year about Digger and right now we are with Permit for Pipeline but work is going fast. we will keep an eye on your work and once done grab a permit for this trail "with your permission of course" :)

How that work for ya?

May 10, 2013, 4:57 p.m.

7th [HTML_REMOVED] Executioner [HTML_REMOVED] Dreamweaver are all awesome. Top of 7th is still snowed in and littered with large blowdown. It'll need a chainsaw.

Otherwise the trails are awesome. It's practically summer up there.

There's nothing better than an Orangina after cheating death with Digger.

May 10, 2013, 10:03 p.m.

Long time no see Bro!

It was sad to here from Karen you had moved away.

I spoke with the District this year about Digger and right now we are with Permit for Pipeline but work is going fast. we will keep an eye on your work and once done grab a permit for this trail "with your permission of course" :)

How that work for ya?

Yep - I miss BC something awful. Hey - maybe one day there will be some non-methamphetamine chemistry jobs in BC…

Of course that works great for me - VERY much appreciated! It would do a lot for my peace of mind to know that someone is taking a look every now and then. And remember, it aint the pyramids at Giza…just some fun skinnies (your mileage may vary), so hack away!
Thanks dude, say hi to Karen for me.

M

A complex interaction between sterics and electronics…

May 11, 2013, 6:24 p.m.

Just spent the last 1/2 of today giving Digger a full wood work audit.

Nothing on this trail needs any work at all at this point. Everything is rock solid and nothing has been cut out.

The trail is 100% and the most it will need is perhaps some new rungs in 2 years or so.

Easy stuff for sure.

May 11, 2013, 10:31 p.m.

Thank you.

flickr

May 12, 2013, 7:20 a.m.

Nothing on this trail needs any work at all at this point. Everything is rock solid and nothing has been cut out.

The trail is 100% and the most it will need is perhaps some new rungs in 2 years or so.

Easy stuff for sure.

Thanks dude - appreciated.

A complex interaction between sterics and electronics…

May 12, 2013, 11:31 a.m.

Diggers trail is fun even if you by pass the wood work. The skinnies add some extra spice to the trail.
Boundary is also sweet. Just before the last log ride/ladder there is a low ladder. This low ladder had a very skinny curvy ladder leading up to it. This lil section was also low to the ground but quite tricky to stay on. Perhaps a tree fell over it and took it out? All the same I miss

that lil section.

Doe
s any one else know what im talking about? or do I have to pull a vid out of my archives and post an edit.
This section is gone

common sense…..Whats common about sense?!

May 12, 2013, 11:36 a.m.

Rode it this morning. No snow,all blowdown has been cleared. Thanks to Who ever went through with Chainsaw. It's in great shape. :rocker:

May 13, 2013, 7:25 a.m.

Rode BW in 7th on Friday afternoon. Don't know if I have seen much better conditions.

This last little bit of rain will help as well as some spots were getting pretty dusty and slippery.

May 13, 2013, 6:43 p.m.

This last little bit of rain will help as well as some spots were getting pretty dusty and slippery.

I'm sure today helped then! :D

May 13, 2013, 6:51 p.m.

Ha yeah! Just as I dropped into an armoured trail (that I sort of hate…but it's where I ended up…) I got hit by that damned storm. Holy feck did it rain / hail! Made for surprisingly fun times though. Might want to keep off some of the more sensitive for a bit though.

treezz
wow you are a ass

May 14, 2013, 1:46 p.m.

it'll absorb really quickly. Last night (after the rain/hail) the dirt was still bone dry just an inch or so down. Back to summer…

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40

May 14, 2013, 9:51 p.m.

As others have said, 7th is good to go. It was a touch wet out there tonight but nothing too bad. I'm looking forward to more dry weather.

May 20, 2013, 12:03 a.m.

Just got back from double lap of Fromme. 7th is amazing right now. As is Dreamweaver and Boundary "still got goose bumps from night skinnie goodness"

Amazing it all is.

May 21, 2013, 12:31 p.m.

Lower Executioner has A lil tree down just before a rocky section. I stacked rocks to make it a roll over. Should I remove the tree or just leave it as another teck. part of the trail?

common sense…..Whats common about sense?!